Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
redundantusage

Vertical Windmills

45 posts in this topic

I love the idea...but the hatin Better than wolves fanbase will tear you up...flowerchild just introduced those a little while ago...

You're saying none of these things should be in TFC then:

And all of those are the other mods' signature features.

There currently aren't any real reasons to include windmills of any sort. To power one tool and to look badass as it spins around and around on top of that hill.

For me, physiscs in minecraft always look messed up.

I love the idea...but the hatin Better than wolves fanbase will tear you up...flowerchild just introduced those a little while ago...

We are talking of TFC vertical windmills...TFC...

why not implement as many diverse systems as possible? yeah, lots of work, but I have always felt diversity was TFC's strong point.

why not implement as many diverse systems as possible? yeah, lots of work, but I have always felt diversity was TFC's strong point.

well it needs to remain useful, hardly anyone will use stuff like a balloon if you cant fly it :D

Yes, it's TFC's strong point and the point that I like the most. Diverse systems allow players to freely choose what they want to do, making the believability level over 1000000000.

well it needs to remain useful, hardly anyone will use stuff like a balloon if you cant fly it :D

I want balloons :'(

Yes, it's TFC's strong point and the point that I like the most. Diverse systems allow players to freely choose what they want to do, making the believability level over 1000000000.

Maybe you meant >9000!!!!!!! ?

Honestly, as long as we don't start downloading other mods and copy pasting code, i'm completely okay with features that other mods already implemented to be in TFC. I mean, it's not like most of those mods were compatible with TFC... can't we have those things if they fit here?

Maybe you meant >9000!!!!!!! ?

OH NO! There is a max level for believability! And now how can I do?

I agree TFC can have stuff that other mods have, I just think that most of what this mod does is that it does everything it's own way, and generally better than other mods.

"We added copper and bronze!"

"Oh copper and bronze, that's very nice *coughmorethantentypesofmetalandalloyscough*"

I'll also agree that windmills would likely be a one trick pony, but the same article I read talking about the use of ancient vertical windmills for grinding grain also spoke of their use for moving water for irrigation. If Bioxx ever decided to revisit plant growth and irrigation, having this already in would take half of the work out of implementing something like it.

We need aqueduct to transport water to our fields!!

OH NO! There is a max level for believability! And now how can I do?

The correct phrase would be "And now what can i do?". I can give you advise in english too :3 I'm the nerdy student of mr. Dunkleosteous's english class (?)

-snip-

As i said, as long as it isn't direct copy, why not? we can obviously make things better than they did, it's always possible to do it better than others.

Didn't we discussed about mechanical power on some thread?

ed: this one?

Yeah, a couple different times and places I believe. Though the hope was this would be simplistic enough to forestall the need for an entire mechanical power system. Having a whole system would require a lot more to implement (I would assume anyways), whereas this would be more that you place a block that has to be turned on, and then place the windmill on top to turn it on. Could always make levers turn it on and off, but the simpler the better if you ask me.

Maybe using cows as sourcce of power, like plowing fields and such... overthinking... quit it...

I think this is a sad argument I see a lot on here for not doing something that would without a doubt improve TFC because it's been done before, most everything in TFC except the metaBLAH BLAH BLAH

An argument sustained by green bean casserole, are you all from Minnesota too? xD

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Horse_mill

Cows in the field? Wind in the mills? How about we leave the wind in the fields and put the cows on the mills?

This is doable is it not?

And what about cow flop? BTW has doggie poo. Will we get cow flop?

But on a serious note. I LOVE the idea of vertical windmills. It is yet another idea that would set TFC apart from the rest of the pack.