Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Menoch

Quick Quesrtion about Hiccups...

14 posts in this topic

Seeing as how a lot of you guys are computer savvy, I am having a recurring issue some of you might be able to help me with.

Every once in a while, my computer hiccups... meaning that the graphics seem to jump backwards a split second, skip, or otherwise driving me flunking insane! Any ideas as to what may be causing this? There are no other programs (that I am aware of) initiated, ie: no updates, no system scans for antivirus, etc... It will sometimes go all day long, no matter how many times I restart the machine, and sometimes (like yesterday) it is fine...

I have:

Alienware Andromeda_R5

Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz

8.00 GB of Ram

Windows 7 64 bit OS

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555 graphics card

My monitor is a 42 inch Sanyo Plasma Flatscreen ( in case ).

Sorry to not be on topic with TFC, but it is interfering with my TFC game-play, so relevance is somewhat ... on topic.

Thank you for any and all suggestions...

Menoch

PS: I apparently do not know how to spell question. (That is a silent R) :P

i think its vanilla MC issue i have too sometimes :/ i know serverr lag can cause this too, but this happens at SSP too.

You have set Nvidia control panel=threading to off, whats your MC video options? You wanna get vsync or max FPS there. And advaced Opengl=off

No it happens when I view the forums, when I am doing whatever on any other program, etc...

You mean hicups happen with all programs??

Yes. Even when nothing is running and I am moving the mouse around....

You have updated all drivers? motherboard, videoacard etc...?

i suggest you to defrag your Harddrive, i had a similar problem(with AMD processors and ATI card) and i downloaded a program called game booster, awesome program, and i defraged my Hard drive and it went much better. You can use CCleaner too.

PS: if you use CCleaner be sure to uncheck all the things you wish to keep ( passwords on interntet, cookies,etc)

i suggest you to defrag your Harddrive, i had a similar problem(with AMD processors and ATI card) and i downloaded a program called game booster, awesome program, and i defraged my Hard drive and it went much better. You can use CCleaner too.

PS: if you use CCleaner be sure to uncheck all the things you wish to keep ( passwords on interntet, cookies,etc)

People still do that?!?!?

eh, depends, it doesn't hurt to do it ever, but 99% of the time provides no benefit.

CCleaner in general though is nice, it's good at keeping stuff you don't need on your computer gone, I recently did it on someone else's computer who didn't have it previously and it removed I think 8GB's worth of junk.

HD 4% fragmented. All cookies, passwords, and cache cleared. Could it be my video card isn't seated tightly? I don't know what else to do.

Still didn't work. I'm just going to get out a sledge hammer and "fix" it cuz this is driving me stooooopid!

Still didn't work. I'm just going to get out a sledge hammer and "fix" it cuz this is driving me stooooopid!

I think it's your vid card drivers for Windows - or at least some kind of interaction between the two. Mainly I'm saying this because I had the same issue under Win7 (as do a lot of people running 500series NVidia). Once I switched to Ubuntu, I no longer had hiccups at all. I don't really recommend a switch to linux unless you are already familiar with it and have surrogates apps for what you need, but it is one solution. (Linux has its own issues with NVidia though - namely they do an ass job of the linux drivers. They're functional, but you don't have a lot of control.)

Either that or go for a new vid card. Kind of a pricey fix though.