Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vlad

Item Frames Makes Storage So Much Easier

62 posts in this topic

Are you completely sure about that? 'cause i have been using this feature/exploiting this bug (whatever it is) since i know about it :

Are you completely sure about that? 'cause i have been using this feature/exploiting this bug (whatever it is) since i know about it :

Maybe he meant Beta 1.4...Doubt it though.

Maybe he meant Beta 1.4...Doubt it though.

If you want we can go back to alpha, there where no such thing as blocking chests.. or double chests..

it's pretty new, maybe TFC is just not updated yet? (it's 1.3.2 from the F3)

I've completely forgot about the item frames :o

Now my storage look way better :)

Posted Image

http://www.minecraft...wiki/Item_frame

Posted Image

Someone asked you how to make frames in TFC.. i ask you how did you added the recipe, because i've tried it few days ago remembering the existance of frames, i can't make them with vanilla recipe

Someone asked you how to make frames in TFC.. i ask you how did you added the recipe, because i've tried it few days ago remembering the existance of frames, i can't make them with vanilla recipe

They were probably removed since they cause balancing issues with you being able to store things you normally can't store. Also please check before you post that you are not posting in a 4 month old thread.

They were probably removed since they cause balancing issues with you being able to store things you normally can't store. Also please check before you post that you are not posting in a 4 month old thread.

i can't understand this, frames alter the way chests store items? also, what's the problem with posting in 4 month old thread?

Item frames make a nice torch holder aswell , tutroial :

1.) Make an item frame , a torch and a trap door .

2.)Place a torch on the desired spot in the wall

3.)Place the item frame behind the torch

4.)Place teh trap door in the item frame

And woula ! You now have a medievil torch holder !

i can't understand this, frames alter the way chests store items? also, what's the problem with posting in 4 month old thread?

Because it is generally frowned upon to revive threads with old information because it causes unwanted confusion.

Item frames allow you to store double ingots, sluice boxes, and other items you cannot normally store in a chest or tool rack. Also, it seems silly that you can store a 2m^2 item in an area smaller than 1m^2.

Handy hint, if its tools your wanting to store and they wont go into chests, instead of using itemframes, you could use ToolRacks..

Handy hint, if its tools your wanting to store and they wont go into chests, instead of using itemframes, you could use ToolRacks..

I never mentioned tools. I meant double ingots, double plates, sluice boxes and any other item too large to fit in a chest which is also not a tool.

I never mentioned tools. I meant double ingots, double plates, sluice boxes and any other item too large to fit in a chest which is also not a tool.

Oh yep, then ItemFrames should work, I just tested and its still working in this latest version of TFC

This is what I was talking about. You should not be able to store those items. How does it make any sense to store something that takes you 2 blocks in a <1 block space.