Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vlad

Item Frames Makes Storage So Much Easier

62 posts in this topic

I made the test in creative and vanilla, and i was trying to make a mob trap that accounted how much mobs it had killed and made that number appear in a giant piston screen besides the trap.

And yes, in fact the door to the collection chamber are two iron doors which use redstone to open both doors at the same time :.

So how TFC is going to use redstone in the future, it's magic and not really suits the TFC theme.

I remembered frames a little while ago, and this is how I ended up using them in my storage area.

post-1890-0-55570700-1353342627_thumb.pn

Chest on top of another chest? :huh:

Can you open them like that?

So how TFC is going to use redstone in the future, it's magic and not really suits the TFC theme.

Never said TFC would use it, i just said it 'cause i know there is a bunch of redstoners here which could find it useful... somehow :

Well I don't have a widescreen monitor so......Anyway, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like FOV?

You're not the only one...

You're not the only one...

Yess! We've got a supporter over here! xD

Yess! We've got a supporter over here! xD

I support the non-use of the FOV because you can see that way only when someone throws an hammer in your head.

I honestly couldn't care less about FOV... : so yeah, not a supporter of any side.

I honestly couldn't care less about FOV... : so yeah, not a supporter of any side.

Do you know why I don't support the FOV? Because my eyes can't support it. And I can't say "I don't care" because my eyes think a different thing. Before derailing about this remember that when I said "My eyes think a different thing" it was not literally.

Do you know why I don't support the FOV? Because my eyes can't support it. And I can't say "I don't care" because my eyes think a different thing. Before derailing about this remember that when I said "My eyes think a different thing" it was not literally.

: what i meant is, is not like you are forced to anything about that option. It's an option, after all; you leave it as you like it to be. I like it how it normally is, so i don't touch it; you like it to the maximun, you leave it to the maximun. No one can tell you "you must leave it at maximun" and force you to do it, except if he is phisically there besides you : so why the f+ck make a derailment just for FOV? is like making a flame war based on the ice cream flavour you don't like, completely ridiculous.

is like making a flame war based on the ice cream flavour you don't like, completely ridiculous.

I already saw this phrase. I don't remember where.

I support the non-use of the FOV because you can see that way only when someone throws an hammer in your head.

Actually, you always seeing at least 90 degree in front of you. Thing with FOV is - you're not supposed to look at the sides of the screen, you're looking roughly at the crosshair and your peripheral vision registrates the rest of the picture.

Actually, you always seeing at least 90 degree in front of you. Thing with FOV is - you're not supposed to look at the sides of the screen, you're looking roughly at the crosshair and your peripheral vision registrates the rest of the picture.

But this makes me cry.

Chest on top of another chest? :huh:

Can you open them like that?

I just realized you asked this, sorry :

you can open a chest as long as it doesn't has a FULL block on top f it. that means you can place a slab, stair, other chest, the meal table i think, water, lava or air (which's equivalent would be not placing anything) and it will still be openable.

I already saw this phrase. I don't remember where.

Now that you mention it... yeah, i think i saw it somewhere too : i just can't remember where...

you can open a chest as long as it doesn't has a FULL block on top f it. that means you can place a slab, stair, other chest, the meal table i think, water, lava or air (which's equivalent would be not placing anything) and it will still be openable.

Awesome :)

Gonna rework my storage.

I'm pretty sure that vanilla doesn't allow it though.. (at least for me)

Gonna rework my storage.

But frames are a 1 use item.

Gonna rework my storage.

This is not a feature of TFC, but from vanilla :P

also you can use the chisel on the block above a chest and the chest will become "openable"

also this has been a feature of vanilla for quite some time... 1.0? 1.1 maybe.

also you can use the chisel on the block above a chest and the chest will become "openable"

also this has been a feature of vanilla for quite some time... 1.0? 1.1 maybe.

I think it's a feature ever since chests aren't full blocks...? not sure though :

I think it's a feature ever since chests aren't full blocks...? not sure though :

Arent chests entities?

Arent chests entities?

They are tile entities, not entities themselves. A tile entity is an item or block that needs to store more metadata than it normally can (4 bits). So an chest or furnace, or anything with an inventory. Tile entities are basically entities that don't move.

They are tile entities, not entities themselves. A tile entity is an item or block that needs to store more metadata than it normally can (4 bits). So an chest or furnace, or anything with an inventory. Tile entities are basically entities that don't move.

And the minecart?

And the minecart?

I think the minecraft is an entity not a tile entitiy.

I think the minecraft is an entity not a tile entitiy.

Who said you these things, monster of the programming?

Who said you these things, monster of the programming?

No one, just from what I know about Minecraft.

This. Is awesome. Great idea. Now to just make a few modifications to my own Storage room...

*Violently Punts old signs out the door*

This is not a feature of TFC, but from vanilla :P

Last time I played vanilla you couldn't place chest on chest without blocking it. 1.4 it was.