Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MDub

Protection Meter

13 posts in this topic

So I recently started playing TFC again, and Im really liking what I see, the new seed bags, meals, and the environment as a whole is looking pretty sweet. Then I discovered the protection meter, and while I like the way it works, I cant help but hate the way it looks. It just feels very out of place. Everything else has this rough and primative feel to it, then mysteriously theres this glowing green piece of alien technology plopped in the middle of it all. Like a tekkit block fell from the sky in some weird TFC rendition of the twilight zone... I propose changing the graphic of this block entirely. Perhaps a scarecrow type graphic, or a totem. Something whose graphic changes over time, like the totem getting more heads, or the scarecrow filling in. or perhaps a type of street lamp, whose intensity rises over time to indicate the level of protection. Really anything that fits more with the rest of the game. What do you guys think?

Having never bothered with the item, I dont know what it looks like. But I agree that if it looks like some overly techy item, it needs some change. lol

Yeah, it needs a change. What do you think of a pole with a flag? Too simple?

@Wolf

I like it, but maybe more of a statue of the player. I imagine the flag being used elsewhere.

Statue does what, exactly? Remember, we're talking about meter.

I was trying to imagine the same... It definitely needs to animate in some way. maybe, changing the type of armor over time, like going from a statue with tin armor to steel or something?

Incense. Its been suggested as an Addition to the Meter but It seems like a good Replacement. As well as the Meter will be removed when Mobs are moved underground (Which I hope is changeable through a Setting).

Incense.

Dunk said nope to this, sorry guy...

I really don't see a problem with the protection meter, I ASSUME it's temporary.

And if not I'd prefer that we had some kind of explanation for it, magical or some such.

Although, honestly I don't really think the meter is needed, I'd prefer if lived in areas didn't grow long grass/saplings, and that in combination with the fact you get 0 mobs would give you a clear indication if you're safe.

I ASSUME it's temporary.

Yeah, me too. But after all the meter doesn't need to be beautiful because it's something like a debug block...

So I recently started playing TFC again, and Im really liking what I see, the new seed bags, meals, and the environment as a whole is looking pretty sweet. Then I discovered the protection meter, and while I like the way it works, I cant help but hate the way it looks. It just feels very out of place. Everything else has this rough and primative feel to it, then mysteriously theres this glowing green piece of alien technology plopped in the middle of it all. Like a tekkit block fell from the sky in some weird TFC rendition of the twilight zone... I propose changing the graphic of this block entirely. Perhaps a scarecrow type graphic, or a totem. Something whose graphic changes over time, like the totem getting more heads, or the scarecrow filling in. or perhaps a type of street lamp, whose intensity rises over time to indicate the level of protection. Really anything that fits more with the rest of the game. What do you guys think?

I totally love this idea

Never used it - never plan to. It's just too out of place in the TFC world. Feels like more of a debugging tool in my opinion.

For now live with it if you want to, if not ignore it. For now we will have to assume this either going to be removed or redone as soon as they get all the mobs underground.