Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
nickqqqq1

Mod combinations

25 posts in this topic

Anyone know of mods that go well with terrafirmacraft that adds more to the game? I'm not looking for like NEI or reis minimap, I'm looking for mods like the Backpack mod or just mods that add more stuff to work towards.

Smart moving and Gammabright work pretty well with TFC. Other than that...

Smart moving and Gammabright work pretty well with TFC. Other than that...

I'm not looking for mods that add to the settings of minecraft. I'm looking for mods that add more things to create.

Sorry, i don't use that much other mods with TFC :

I'm not looking for mods that add to the settings of minecraft. I'm looking for mods that add more things to create.

They're difficult to find, if not impossible because for now TFC isn't very compatible...

TFC doesn't use vanilla items, so things to craft would have to be designed specifically for TFC.

Who was it that told me that they new someone that got railcraft working with TFC. They are all possible to use it just takes a bit of work to do and nobody is willing to put the effort into actually make a cross-over and constantly have to update it, so.

it's not impossible, nearly nothing is, but you will find very few mods that just work.

Who was it that told me that they new someone that got railcraft working with TFC. They are all possible to use it just takes a bit of work to do and nobody is willing to put the effort into actually make a cross-over and constantly have to update it, so.

Yeah, railcraft is the only thechnic mod that completely works with TFC if you know how to install it.

u can use smart moving .... backpack mod (only the small backpack will work because u cant use furnace in tfc ) and Simply Horse (u need to enable the vanilla conversion to make the lasso and the saddle and to break them u need to use tre weat bread )

Hardly any content modification work with TerraFirmaCraft. If you desire a more believable experience, here are my suggestions:

-Mob Dismemberment

-Mob Amputation

-Dynamic Lights

-Optifine

-Zombie Awareness

-Smart Moving

-MAtmos

-MSI

I'm using:

- Optifine (yay for mipmapping)

- 3d items (yay for 3d)

- Backtools (cuz it looks cool)

- Matmos + Audiotori + Matmos expantion + TFC matmos fix (great atmosphere)

- Mobspawncontrols (ghasts and blazes are pretty fun in normal world)

- Infernal mobs with custom drop(yay for hardcore)

- Zombie Awerness ( /| )

- Smart moving (cuz it's awesome)

- Dynamic lights (good synergy with TFC imo)

All works perfect

I'm using:

- 3d items (yay for 3d)

- Zombie Awerness ( /| )

All works perfect

Those mods look interesting, i have tried smart moving and its awesome, but i have never been able to use dynamic lights, how do you install it? im using magic launcher to install mods, do you think thats the problem?

I'm using magic launcher too

You need to install Dynamic lights manually: put the .jar found in DynamicLights_1.4.4.zip/setup/coremods/ into your .minecraft/coremods/ folder ©Readme :)

I'm using:

- 3d items (yay for 3d)

- Zombie Awerness ( /| )

All works perfect

How do you have optifine working? What type are you using and what version? How did you install it?

I need it to keep my fps from dropping from 150 to 2 every 10 seconds, and optifine the way I normally do it crashes TFC every 10 minutes. I don't know why my PC is doing this but it can run Skyrim, Sins of a solar empire and some other small-ish game all at the same time on high settings, but it can't run TFC (without optifine) and google chrome together... -_-

How do you have optifine working? What type are you using and what version? How did you install it?

I need it to keep my fps from dropping from 150 to 2 every 10 seconds, and optifine the way I normally do it crashes TFC every 10 minutes. I don't know why my PC is doing this but it can run Skyrim, Sins of a solar empire and minecraft(not with TFC) all at the same time on high settings, but it can't run TFC (without optifine) and google chrome together... -_-

I just use MultiMC, works every time. And I use Ultra Optifine the latest version.

I just use MultiMC, works every time. And I use Ultra Optifine the latest version.

Ugh, I don't like using an installer, manual install is always the way to go, imo. But I will try it, I do seem have MultiMC for some reason...

(Also, I edited my post, would you mind updating your quote so that it matches with the current version of the post? Sorry, it's bugging my OCD. :P)

Ugh, I don't like using an installer, manual install is always the way to go, imo. But I will try it, I do seem have MultiMC for some reason...

I usually manual install too, but Optifine doesn't work when I manual install, but it works when I use MultiMc.

Now my problem with optifine seems fixed...it works well now. Also, achartran, I know what you're going through. My PC made similar things a while back.

I NEED Optifine to prevent going below 20 FPS on Short...

I NEED Optifine to prevent going below 20 FPS on Short...

The funny thing of this is that with the normal texture I had 20 fps, but now, with krei's x64 texturepack I have something like 40-60. Incredible.

The funny thing of this is that with the normal texture I had 20 fps, but now, with krei's x64 texturepack I have something like 40-60. Incredible.

Ya, I get higher FPS with HD texture packs than with regular VMC/VTFC textures...weird.

With OptiFine and 64x (either Albion, or Krei's depending on which I feel like using) I get maybe 40-50 FPS on Normal.

Ya, I get higher FPS with HD texture packs than with regular VMC/VTFC textures...weird.

Is this a known problem or just a weird thing that happens sometimes?

Percentile: 3.4%

Is this a known problem or just a weird thing that happens sometimes?

Percentile: 3.4%

I have no idea...But good, the percentage is going down. I am ready to take notes at the time at which the percentage reaches 0.

I need it to keep my fps from dropping from 150 to 2 every 10 seconds, and optifine the way I normally do it crashes TFC every 10 minutes. I don't know why my PC is doing this but it can run Skyrim, Sins of a solar empire and some other small-ish game all at the same time on high settings, but it can't run TFC (without optifine) and google chrome together... -_-

I'm using magic launcher. Internal mod order:

minecraft forge v395, player api render 1.1, OptiFine 1.4.5_HD_U_D3 (previous Ultra version I think), QuinOptions 1.1