Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ExplosionGuy

Configuration So Everyone Is Happy

89 posts in this topic

You are forgiven. Yeah you were already forgiven but now you know it. :)

ok. It sounds...weird (i don't really know how to put it), but I really don't like acting like this. I am happy that someone was here to end this (at least on my part) You have my thanks.

*thanks*

Quite honestly, 'cause i think he's right in the response he gave to you. Not because i helped you that means i agree with you; just that i won't let my disagreement with someone stop me from helping him. Halfmaster1's part was just a misunderstanding; it can occur. And i honestly don't think i should even answer this, 'cause after all i like whatever i want in the same way you post whatever you want :

All i'm going to say is that this should be taking place in private messages or a private window in the IRC channel, instead of this thread, which will soon be locked due to this flame war. And i seriously think moderators should be present in that discussion, to keep it down.

You are completely right, and I fully agree with you. I won't be replying to anymore of the posts on this "flame war," no matter how tempting it is. It is stupid and pointless. Thanks for your input.

-snip-

It's obvious you are going to keep insisting you are the victim here, I, nor anyone else, will be able to change your mind. But attempting to tear me down and insulting me isn't going to do a whole lot for you. I, in fact started out by stating my opinion, then I read through the thread fully and I noticed the way you were acting, I thought it was rather inappropriate and so I responded. Then you got mad because I criticized you. You called me names, something rather immature, and accused me of attacking you. If you weren't new you would know there is a guy who posts here called EternalUndeath, he is much nastier than I am when it comes to things of this nature. If you can't take what I said without freaking out, then you need to learn to take a punch, because what I said was a slap, and if it wasn't me it may have been multiple punches.

Also, I hope what I am about to say helps to ease the situation. I'm sorry that you read my post as attempting to attack you, I didn't intend for that. I had no intentions of putting you down, I was simply attempting to point out some behavior you may want to do something about if you plan on staying around here. That said, I am not saying I was anything but a bit blunt in my original post, I stated my opinions on both your suggestion and your behavior up to that point in the thread. I will admit I shouldn't have gotten as nasty in the second post, but that was only because you saw my first post as an attack (it was not) and decided you needed to start throwing insults around. You just have to realize nobody is always 100% right, we have both made mistakes in this thread and now we need to move on. I will be more than happy to forget everything that has happened here if you are as well.

Let's start out this way.

"Hello ExplosionGuy, I'm achartran." *Extends hand for a handshake*

I would also like to do this, (since I never did when you first joined)

WELCOME TO THE TFC FORUMS!!!!!!

You are completely right, and I fully agree with you. I won't be replying to anymore of the posts on this "flame war," no matter how tempting it is. It is stupid and pointless. Thanks for your input.

As stated above, I have no interest in continuing this. I will not, however, be portrayed as the big bad guy in all of this, as it was a combination of misunderstandings and subsequent rudeness on both sides. So if you are willing to forget about this I am too, but if you aren't please send me a PM if you really think you were only a victim here.

ok. It sounds...weird (i don't really know how to put it), but I really don't like acting like this.

What don't you like? Remember that I don't get offended easily, for this reason every attempt (You weren't trying to offend, I know) is useless.

EDIT:

Finally! YEAH! Now it's your turn ExplosionGuy, make the handshake.. and all will end in a good way. :)

What don't you like? Remember that I don't get offended easily, for this reason every attempt (You weren't trying to offend, I know) is useless.

Huh? no, no. I meant I don't like arguing with people. Nothing against you, or EG, or achar or anyone. Against the concept of arguing itself. It is inevitable, but I myself don't like arguing.

EDIT: 800th post :P That was quick...

EDIT II : I would like to apologise as well, even though I already did (kinda :P) *extends hand out to ExplosionGuy* For neutrality! And for this kind of thing never happening again!

It's obvious you are going to keep insisting you are the victim here, I, nor anyone else, will be able to change your mind. But attempting to tear me down and insulting me isn't going to do a whole lot for you. I, in fact started out by stating my opinion, then I read through the thread fully and I noticed the way you were acting, I thought it was rather inappropriate and so I responded. Then you got mad because I criticized you. You called me names, something rather immature, and accused me of attacking you. If you weren't new you would know there is a guy who posts here called EternalUndeath, he is much nastier than I am when it comes to things of this nature. If you can't take what I said without freaking out, then you need to learn to take a punch, because what I said was a slap, and if it wasn't me it may have been multiple punches.

Also, I hope what I am about to say helps to ease the situation. I'm sorry that you read my post as attempting to attack you, I didn't intend for that. I had no intentions of putting you down, I was simply attempting to point out some behavior you may want to do something about if you plan on staying around here. That said, I am not saying I was anything but a bit blunt in my original post, I stated my opinions on both your suggestion and your behavior up to that point in the thread. I will admit I shouldn't have gotten as nasty in the second post, but that was only because you saw my first post as an attack (it was not) and decided you needed to start throwing insults around. You just have to realize nobody is always 100% right, we have both made mistakes in this thread and now we need to move on. I will be more than happy to forget everything that has happened here if you are as well.

This is definitely worth replying to! I have to admit that I wasn't necessarily going in the right direction here. I apologize for over-reacting.

Hello achartran! *Shakes hand*

I appreciate the welcome! :D

Huh? no, no. I meant I don't like arguing with people. Nothing against you, or EG, or achar or anyone. Against the concept of arguing itself. It is inevitable, but I myself don't like arguing.

EDIT: 800th post :P That was quick...

EDIT II : I would like to apologise as well, even though I already did (kinda :P) *extends hand out to ExplosionGuy* For neutrality! And for this kind of thing never happening again!

Congratz! :P

*Shakes hand* Nice to meet you!

This is definitely worth replying to! I have to admit that I wasn't necessarily going in the right direction here. I apologize for over-reacting.

You kind of forgot about me....But I hope we can be neutral or even on good/excellent terms with each other.

You know what i like about this mod? It has a fan base similar to a Star Wars fan base. I f someone feels as though it is being wronged in some way shape or form, you better believe the fists iz gunna fly!!!! Lol.

I just wanna go on record for apologizing if i did offend you for stating my remark. I dont apologize for my statement as it is how i feel, but at the same time i dont ever go out on a limb and try to piss on anyones opinion or make others feel bad.... Though if I ever do, i will definitely make it known tht my intentions are as such.

Everyone has a right to their opinion.

I also think Kimbblesrath is a freakin cool dude, and is probably one of the nicest peeps here on the forums. If he gets fired up, then i know things are getting wacky!!

I think we should kills this thread lest the River Runs Red. ;)

GAME ON!!!!

You kind of forgot about me....But I hope we can be neutral or even on good/excellent terms with each other.

I just read your edit, and edited the one I just made. You might have to refresh the page.

You know what i like about this mod? It has a fan base similar to a Star Wars fan base. I f someone feels as though it is being wronged in some way shape or form, you better believe the fists iz gunna fly!!!! Lol.

I just wanna go on record for apologizing if i did offend you for stating my remark. I dont apologize for my statement as it is how i feel, but at the same time i dont ever go out on a limb and try to piss on anyones opinion or make others feel bad.... Though if I ever do, i will definitely make it known tht my intentions are as such.

Everyone has a right to their opinion.

I also think Kimbblesrath is a freakin cool dude, and is probably one of the nicest peeps here on the forums. If he gets fired up, then i know things are getting wacky!!

GAME ON!!!!

Lol. I wasn't offended by what you said, but I still appreciate the apology! Thanks. :)

I just read your edit, and edited the one I just made. You might have to refresh the page.

No worries, I made that post BEFORE you made your edit about/in response to my edit.

Anytime, hope you have a fun time here with us!

Now, let's forget this digital battleground and move on to somewhere decidedly less blood soaked and smokey. A good place would be the thread about RP threads in either the Off Topic or suggestion forums. (Shameless plug. :3)

(EDIT: 700th post yay!! and it officially marks a happy ending to a bloody flame war, double yay!!!!!)

... Didn't someone gave you moderating powers, or the title is just for the looks? .-. i thought you could kill it yourself by locking it...

This says all:

Posted Image

That... meme doesn't really fits that... meh, whatever, gonna allow it :P

EDIT:

Now, let's forget this digital battleground and move on to somewhere decidedly less blood soaked and smokey. A good place would be the thread about RP threads in either the Off Topic or suggestion forums. (Shameless plug. :3)

i c wat yo did ther... *<--- intentional bad spelling, for punishing the shameless self promotion*

That... meme doesn't really fits that... meh, whatever, gonna allow it :P

You know, I need another molten brain...because I can't start the talk show without it...

... Didn't someone gave you moderating powers, or the title is just for the looks? .-. i thought you could kill it yourself by locking it...

Wolf... If i gotta pull out the mod guns... Somebody's ass is getting nuked. Lmao! Wooha!!!

Seriously though. I m not sure if i have mod powers. Never tried to make something float with my mind... Or tried firing rainbow flavored kittens outta my ass.

I think this thread should stay here... A smoldering train wreck of a reminder of how someones opinion can turn nations on eachother. ;)

Wolf... If i gotta pull out the mod guns... Somebody's ass is getting nuked. Lmao! Wooha!!!

Seriously though. I m not sure if i have mod powers. Never tried to make something float with my mind... Or tried firing rainbow flavored kittens outta my ass.

I think this thread should stay here... A smoldering train wreck of a reminder of how someones opinion can turn nations on eachother. ;)

I think that you can see if you have powers by looking in your profile. If you are a member, then you don't have powers, if you're a moderator, then you have powers. But you're still a member.

I think that you can see if you have powers by looking in your profile. If you are a member, then you don't have powers, if you're a moderator, then you have powers. But you're still a member.

A better test would be to see into SOMEONE ELSE's profile to see if he can edit it :P like Dunk always does...

Not my profile please, it's a diamond. If you change only 1 little thing it becomes a chipped diamond.

Haha, maybe we should try to keep this Thread on topic. :lol: I would still really like more configurations in an official release. If you guy's could support it, it would mean a lot to me. :rolleyes:

Well, Bioxx did said he would add more configurations at the end of beta... though, he did this on the IRC, so i can't link you to where he said it .-.

Even though i -think- he also said so in a post of the main page, a while ago... let me search for it.

EDIT: i was wrong, the closer to that he has mentioned was this in the changelog:

Beta v2 Build 49 Codename: Kaaaaaaaaaaahn!

New Features

• Temperature is now majorly based off of the Z Axis in game with -Z being North and +Z being south (blame openGL for this retarded crap not me). The hard coded world size is currently 20k blocks from equator to the frozen wastes. I may add an option for this later. DO NOT ASK FOR IT OR YOU MIGHT GET KICKED/BANNED IF I’M IN A BAD MOOD. NO it is not necessarily a good idea at this juncture of development. Also after plenty of world tests I think that 20k is underestimated in size

But i do know he said it in the irc.

Haha, maybe we should try to keep this Thread on topic. :lol: I would still really like more configurations in an official release. If you guy's could support it, it would mean a lot to me. :rolleyes:

I have no qualms about it either way, it all depends on what Bioxx decides once he sees this mess. Like I said earlier, I don't tend to use configs but I know many do, so it isn't the end of the world for me if it gets shot down but I wouldn't have a problem with them being in. As long as they aren't things that have the ability to drastically change core parts of TFC that is, that isn't good methinks. ;)

Well, Bioxx did said he would add more configurations at the end of beta... though, he did this on the IRC, so i can't link you to where he said it .-.

Even though i -think- he also said so in a post of the main page, a while ago... let me search for it.

EDIT: i was wrong, the closer to that he has mentioned was this in the changelog:

But i do know he said it in the irc.

YAY! Thanks for letting me know. I really hope at least some of the things I suggested are added into the mod. :)

I have no qualms about it either way, it all depends on what Bioxx decides once he sees this mess. Like I said earlier, I don't tend to use configs but I know many do, so it isn't the end of the world for me if it gets shot down but I wouldn't have a problem with them being in. As long as they aren't things that have the ability to drastically change core parts of TFC that is, that isn't good methinks. ;)

I don't think that would be very good either. I just want a few new options is all.

I don't think that would be very good either. I just want a few new options is all.

Such as? Details are always better when suggesting something, it takes some pressure off of the devs because we have done some of the thinking already and allows people to get a better handle on what you are saying.

Such as? Details are always better when suggesting something, it takes some pressure off of the devs because we have done some of the thinking already and allows people to get a better handle on what you are saying.

The things that I suggested when I began the topic: How rare things are in their own world, limits that they have, what entities/blocks spawns/generates and what doesn't, how long it takes for plants and trees to grow, etc.