Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Guest Blue_Beluga

More Death Penalties

32 posts in this topic

I'd preferred the vanilla preview mechanic simply for the fact it wasn't just adding effect+effect

Your system is barely better than vanilla's potion system which I find seriously underwhelming.

I'd preferred the vanilla preview mechanic simply for the fact it wasn't just adding effect+effect

Your system is barely better than vanilla's potion system which I find seriously underwhelming.

Maybe I didn't explain that right, but it isn't (effect + effect) it is reagent + reagent = (effect +1 + effect +1 ) + (effect + effect = effect)

Same exact thing.

You combine a heal plus a regen you get a heal plus a regen.

Same exact thing.

You combine a heal plus a regen you get a heal plus a regen.

I think you are getting a bit muddled. Reagents would have effects. Combining two different reagents into medicine would give those two reagents in medicine form. The effects of them would be boosted due to the fact they were mixed. Now rarely, mixing two reagents together would give a WHOLE new effect alltogether. I don't get how that is similar to vanilla mechanics :/

You showed an example of a potion that was exactly a sum of each of it's ingredients but better.

Also, I really don't think it should be that way anyway, the power shouldn't be pretty much equal to how many ingredients used. I think it should be perfectly viable to have a potion with 2 ingredients as 4(and in many cases I'd expect better), mind explaining why you think it should?

basically

is the system I think we should have, without the cauldrons(make powders, which can then be put into brewing stands/cauldrons to make potions.

Though this guy has no clue what he's doing or why. lol

In this system the potion ingredients aren't -some random effect- inherently, they have a property that is a great hidden value, but can be used to roughly experiment.

Now I have seen that video, I wonder how they ruined it so bad :/

But I will revoke my statements, It would be much more fun and experimental to have some less straight-forward medicine, and have a more rough system.

Didn't get what you were getting at there, but this way of going about it seems much more dynamic than the rigid system I was explaining.

However I still think having different containers for medicines would be so cool :D

Yeah, I know the system was pretty unique and I was a major goer of the Minecraftforums when it came out so I assume people understand me x]

But I love the idea of a system like that to make powders, then a way to make capsules, add them potions, wrap them into poultices, etc... to treat wounds, or just do drugs cuz it's fun, who am I to judge. haha

That guy had NO clue what he was doing but in practice the potion system(at it's basic level) was pretty easy to learn for a few ingredients.

If expanded up to say, a max of 10, now that would be absolutely crazy compared to what we currently have, but provide a LOT of depth, a lot of room for failures, and a lot of room for discovering the most awesome devastating potions.