Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zandorum

Random Items

24 posts in this topic

Sling:

Recipe: Leather and String, This would be made in the 2x2.

The sling has a slower firing rate than the bow, with a maximum firing rate equal to the maximum rate at which a single enemy can be damaged (you will lose ground if dealing with 2 or more enemies, or if you miss at all). The sling has half the range of the bow at roughly 25 blocks over a flat plane. The ammunition for the sling is Stone Bullets, which are crafted directly from gravel blocks. The main advantage to the Sling is the greater ease at finding/making ammunition and the less difficult requirement of only needing 1 string instead of 3.

Right Click must be held to throw a bullet with the sling. It takes roughly a second after right click was initially pressed for the bullet to be thrown.

Future plans - Animation for the sling should hopefully be improved to make it more clear that holding right click will eventually throw a bullet if they hold it down.

Stone Bullets:

Recipe: Gravel, This would be made in the 2x2.

Stone Bullets are the ammunition used for Slings. 1 Gravel block will craft into 8 Stone Bullets. A stone bullet does half the damage of a normal arrow and cannot be picked back up to the inventory after being fired from the sling, even if not striking anything.

Bow Drill:

Recipe: Bow, Stick and Plank Block, This would be made in the 2x2.

Works the same as a Firestarter but it always lights the fire. Same durability as a Bow. It also has the ability to just use Paper to make Fires.

Satchel:

Recipe: 4 Leather, This would be made in the 2x2.

Satchels have 3 slots, You cannot have more than three satchel in your inventory and you cannot store satchels in satchels or chests. Satchels can be placed on the ground if its mode is Place, It has 2 Modes: Open and Place. When you have 2 Empty Satchels you get Slowness 1, When you have 3 Empty Satchels you get Slowness 2 and When a Satchel is full it counts as 1 Slowness for each satchel instead of 1 Slowness after your 2nd satchel.

Boomerang:

Recipe: 2 Planks and 1 Ingot, This would be made in the 2x2.

Aim with Mouse, right click to throw. When thrown, the boomerang will fly straight out and then return to the player. If the boomerang will ricochet off of solid blocks. If it hits a mob, it will knock them back similar to a snowball, returning to the player if the mob was hit directly, and continuing on its path if the mob was hit after a ricochet.

If the Boomerang hits any items that are dropped on the ground it will pick them up and bring them back to the player. knock off torches and other objects that only require 1 hit to break; torches, redstone torches, flowers, mushrooms, saplings, reeds, seeds, and crops. Additionally, boomerangs will also activate any buttons or levers that they hit during their flight, as such they can be used to activate explosive traps without the need for you to be within punching range.

Durability is roughly half that of a tool of the same material. The boomerang can be thrown infinitely without affecting the durability, but each mob hit, item broken, and item picked up will count as a separate use.

Battle Axe, War Hammer, Scimitar and Halberd...

Bow Drill:

Recipe: Bow, Stick and Plank Block, This would be made in the 2x2.

Works the same as a Firestarter but it always lights the fire. Same durability as a Bow. It also has the ability to just use Paper to make Fires.

If anything, it should be logs, not paper.

If anything, it should be logs, not paper.

It's pretty hard (Impossible) to start a fire on a log without gasoline.

He ment paper for kindling.

But we already have sticks for that purpose.

Also, what's the point of having one satchel that holds three items?

Satchel suggested in Dynamic Inventory thread expands the base inventory (From just a hotbar.)

It's pretty hard (Impossible) to start a fire on a log without gasoline.

Well, it's pretty hard to start make a log burn by placing it in burning paper too. Maybe if there's huge chunk of paper. Paper burns out fast.

Well, it's pretty hard to start make a log burn by placing it in burning paper too. Maybe if there's huge chunk of paper. Paper burns out fast.

Thats the point, Paper burns quickly. Having it be much better in everyway except that one aspect.

It's not only burns quickly, it's also burns out quickly. So log won't even warm up enough, and paper is already ashes. Unless it's a huge chunk of paper or you put in some twigs to sustain fire longer.

I don't agree with the gravel thing. A block of gravel is full of small rocks that can be thrown with a sling. Why do you want to only get 1 bullet from a whole block of gravel? I would say that 8 bullets are a good amount.

And these bullets must be weaker than a thrown javelin, because they don't enter in the enemies, apart if you shot in its eyes or mouth. Then maybe it will lose some teeth or an eye and if hit loses all the 2 eyes it becomes blind. Then it can't see you and if it's a creeper it will blow up immediately, but if it's something else it will try to hit you in the wrong direction.

However back on topic, something about the boomerang.

The boomerang doesn't return back everytime. If it remains trapped in a hole, it will drop there, or maybe it will place itself spawning a boomerang block.

Also this seems a bit the Adventurecraft boomerang.

And about shearing sheeps, no, this isn't believable. Maybe it can break a sheep leg, but not shear it.

Also, I support the halberd.

All i'm going to say is that the boomerang sounds waaaaaay too overpowered. No high cost will balance overpowerness.

All i'm going to say is that the boomerang sounds waaaaaay too overpowered. No high cost will balance overpowerness.

A durability bar would balance it a bit, just add durability and a small chance of returning to the player everytime that you throw it.

And also, as long as the boomerang hits something, it loses 1 durability (1/4 tier durability sound good?). Of course, it doesn't come back if it hits something.

And also, as long as the boomerang hits something, it loses 1 durability (4 durability sound good?). Of course, it doesn't come back if it hits something.

And if it hits a mob, it should lose less durability than when hit hits a wall, because a mob is soft and it absorbs some of the impact. Yeah even the skeleton does this thing, because when stricken it recieves a knockback that makes it go back a bit.

...You guys have readed the OP? he already said it has durability, and it loses it for every hit ._.

On that durability...a third of the durability of a tool of that metal could do well, i think.

...You guys have readed the OP? he already said it has durability, and it loses it for every hit ._.

On that durability...a third of the durability of a tool of that metal could do well, i think.

But I have deepened the fact of the durability when it hits a mob.

And if it hits a mob, it should lose less durability than when hit hits a wall, because a mob is soft and it absorbs some of the impact. Yeah even the skeleton does this thing, because when stricken it recieves a knockback that makes it go back a bit.

This kind of behaviour should also be applied to the javelin. And boomerang vs. Javelin.

• Javelin does more damage, and has more durability
  • Boomerang does less damage, has less durability, but comes back if it misses in a parabolic arc.
WARNING: POSSIBLE CODING STUPIDITY AHEAD

I don't think the parabolic arc should be too hard to code right? (excuse me if I am wrong

:P) A shallow parabola is simply (x^2)/10, and it just a simple function. Add some physics, Shazam!

EDIT: The comes back after it hits a mob part in the OP makes NO sense.

This kind of behaviour should also be applied to the javelin.

Yeah, instead of making it randomly disappear...yeah.

But I have deepened the fact of the durability when it hits a mob.

... granted ._.

Agree with Kimble this would be perfectly fine with me if it didn't return after it hit something and had a difficult recipe. Essentially, it is just a light damaging ranged weapon that could break some blocks as well. It isn't like it should pick it up for you, we aren't Link.

Edit: Fixed

It isn't like it should pick it up for you, we aren't Link.

If the Boomerang hits any items that are dropped on the ground it will pick them up and bring them back to the player.

._.

Everything I ever needed to know about boomerangs I learned from Zelda games.

._.

Let me help you. :P

Boomerang:

If it hits a mob, it will return to the player if the mob was hit directly, and continuing on its path if the mob was hit after a ricochet.

._.

Let me help you. :P

._.

Fixed all the stupid stuff. But i do like the item pickup.

Fixed all the stupid stuff. But i do like the item pickup.

The problem is, it makes no sense. How is it pickig up those items? it would have to either a- hit the item, that somehow 'causing it to flip in the air and finish on top of the boomerang while it still moves, or b- it wouldn't be flying but sliding in the surface, so it's curved shape allows it to slide below the items, that placing them on top. Both options involve friction which means it would lose velocity and stop. Item pick up sounds good, but in the way you put it makes no sense to me...

How 'bout this: IF it hits some item, the boomerang will pick it up (the item represented directly over it), but it's movement will be affected and it won't directly go towards you right after it picks the item up. It will move slower, the chances of bouncing of stuff instead of just stoping and falling to the ground are smaller, and ultimately it is hard for it to travel back to you. When a boomerang doesn't goes back to you, it will appear as a grabable entity in the ground, like javs and arrows do; and anything it has picked up will be directly over it.

And about the ricochet thing, i have stuff to say as well; it may make sense for it to go back to you when it hasn't hit anything, but that doesn't means you attract boomerangs or something like that. It shouldn't go back to you when it hits some mob IMO, neither should it do so when grabbing items (but i already addressed that).

I honestly wouldn't mind it working that way with certain enchantments or with Thaumcraft for instance that would be cool to make it a little more difficult to make but as just a regular boomerang, it is way too OP.

-snip-

Love it love everything about what you said. Editing topic when I wake up tomorrow.