Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
warfighter67

More chisel modes

20 posts in this topic

In light of Dunk's response to a thread about copy/pasting chiseled block layouts, I'm suggesting a different way to more quickly form chiseled blocks, in the form of new chisel modes:

Horizontal line mode: This mode will remove mini-blocks in a line perpendicular to the direction you're facing, in the horizontal (east/west) plane.

Vertical line mode: Same as horizontal except it cuts out a vertical section of mini-blocks.

Pierce mode: This mode removes mini-blocks in a line parallel to the direction you're facing, in the horizontal (forward/backward) plane.

Example: using this mode will create a 'hole' in your block.

These modes are similar to slab mode except they only do one row/column at a time instead of the whole side/face.

Maybe also a restore mode, that lets you undo the last thing you did, like you were planning it, then changed your mind?

Maybe also a restore mode, that lets you undo the last thing you did, like you were planning it, then changed your mind?

:| That makes no sense... it's not like you can take the cubes you just broken apart and glue them back where they were.

like you were planning it, then changed your mind?

:| That makes no sense... it's not like you can take the cubes you just broken apart and glue them back where they were.

You could try reading more than part of what I wrote...

Still, if you were PLANNING it, you were meaning to do it, but you never actually did. An undo would suggest you have already done it, and now you put back on. If you were planning,you would have never chiseled it is the first place.

You could try reading more than part of what I wrote...

no, he's right. There's no second chances here. It's not some pussy first grade chess game where you can yell "I DIDN'T TAKE MY HAND OFF THE PIECE SO IT DOESN'T COUNT"

no, he's right. There's no second chances here. It's not some pussy first grade chess game where you can yell "I DIDN'T TAKE MY HAND OFF THE PIECE SO IT DOESN'T COUNT"

... Even though it could be an option in creative... I mean, yeah, a good survival game gaves no second chances (even though we still respawn when dead... ._.), but in creative mode you are trying to easily create something without worrying about dying of hunger. This mod has already done a lot for making survival mode better... like, a lot. Is it's freakkin slogan ._. . It wouldn't be a bad idea to add something to other game modes as well, would it?

As for how this could be done, you could simply create a tool which can only be spawned via creative inventory. You don't even need to make one for every metal, it's something you won't be making in survival after all.

What I'd like to see is when chisel is locked on a block, it'll not only cease to delete little cubic chunks out of other blocks, but also won't convert other blocks in detailed structures.

... Even though it could be an option in creative... I mean, yeah, a good survival game gaves no second chances (even though we still respawn when dead... ._.), but in creative mode you are trying to easily create something without worrying about dying of hunger. This mod has already done a lot for making survival mode better... like, a lot. Is it's freakkin slogan ._. . It wouldn't be a bad idea to add something to other game modes as well, would it?

As for how this could be done, you could simply create a tool which can only be spawned via creative inventory. You don't even need to make one for every metal, it's something you won't be making in survival after all.

While your idea is good, I don't believe Dunk or bioxx have any plans for improving the creative mode aspect of TFC.

Well, with all this chisel thing, plus all the different wods added, plus different stone, and so on, i would say they arleady did a lot for creative, even if it wasn't intentional :3

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they removed creative mode TROLOLOL

what about glue ? :D

ummm, what about glue? that was kinda random there pal

I think he was suggesting being able to glue the chiseled-off pieces of the block back on. Which would involve a glue item being created, a method for collecting the bits of block you slab off, and a way to apply both the glue and the rock chips back on simultaneously. Probably too little of a change to justify all the new recipes and code it would involve.

That is honestly like another version of the undo method. There is a problem with this though. You would be using this stuff for building right? And buildings need to be sturdy and strong. Well, normally you would have a solid 1 m^3 of stone. But with the glue, you could have 512 little 1.9k cm^3 cubes that make up a 1 m^3 block of stone. The solid block and the block resembling cobblestone with glue have the same strength...and unless they took hours to add in a new status for EACH 512 mini-block of whether it is glued or not (and to make this not invisible by Steve's eye, add textures as well [possibly]), the gluing CAN BE DONE INFINITELY MANY TIMES.

Seems overpowered doesn't it? And anyway, I don't even think glues of the general (ya it isn't the 16th century anymore apparently) time period we are working with were able to strongly hold together (with strength as if it was solid) stone with that little surface area to bond.

The feature is fine as it is. MAYBE a few tweaks, but for the most part it is fine.

Lol. I thought that WAS a rule in chess at least...

I guess these new modes aren't really necessary if we might be able to make copies/blueprints for our creations. Then you could compile a set of basic plans to do exactly what the OP was suggesting. As for the planning mode - eh, not necessary. If you are that concerned about messing up/experimenting then hop into creative mode (while it still exists). The only improvement I could see happening here is when you have you cursor over a block (and when you have a blueprint equipped) the affected blocks will disappear so you see what will happen when you click. But that might be unnecessary too.

Edit: I don't like the idea of glue. :-)

Edit: I don't like the idea of glue. :-)

Read the post above yours (mine).

Read the post above yours (mine).

Yea that's what I was talking about/commenting on. Sorry for not quoting more.

I would think mortar would be a more age appropriate method, but I still don't see a need for it.

Yea that's what I was talking about/commenting on. Sorry for not quoting more.

I would think mortar would be a more age appropriate method, but I still don't see a need for it.

Ya. Ok no problem.

But mortar would have to be somewhat expensive, and still, there is the problem of it being overpowered that I talked about in my previous post.

Easy solution for more control here. Add a drill for the straight lines requiring that you are parallel. Easy plan to understand, nothing too complex.

As for the copying what about one of the secret plans for a new tool like Dunk was talking about earlier.

Additions aren't going to happen I don't think, not without a way of making them look horrible

Edit: A way to change the radius of the chisel would also be great for chisel control