Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Rook

Spelunking.

94 posts in this topic

let's be mature about this gentlemen, even with rook's under-dramatic term of absence, it would make us no better than him to simply devolve into some sort of celebration in his leaving. try to ignore his attitude and lay your eyes on the subject at hand. that is the mature thing to do...

...I'm sorry about rook... I tried to help in the end. But again I'm new here... and I don't have much sway. Plus his bluntness got in the way a lot.

seeing as apparently making the caves believable is completely impossible according to the un-experienced wet-retards spamming my topic with their anal blood.

- Rook

But yea... here's more pictures of what I've from a better perspective.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It usually looks like the picture below

Posted Image

let's be mature about this gentlemen, even with rook's under-dramatic term of absence, it would make us no better than him to simply devolve into some sort of celebration in his leaving. try to ignore his attitude and lay your eyes on the subject at hand. that is the mature thing to do...

and here is the person i was waiting for: a person who knows about what hes talking about, yet isnt a dick about it, and calls for normal relations across the board. on the other hand mdub, not a single player is a good riddance unless he gets himself banned

Yeah yeah, im ok with being the odd man out. I say take the good and ditch the bad. Crystal caves and more water in caves are good, dealing this constant hostility is bad. Its really of no consequence if Rook comes back or not, and I dont apologize for prefering the latter.

afternoon, all

i've been speaking to Rook for a while now after discovering that we were both spelunkers, neat guy. just fyi, he's a schizoid with a bad case of GAD and insomnia, and a minor case of schizophrenia, and thus irritability and aggression is a symptom lol.

I have read this entire thread and can honestly say that the only thing anyone did here is NOT cater to an individual's suggestions.

I think there may have even been some individuals who were just agreeing with him to smooth things over and simmer shit down.

But I refuse to accept anyone's health problems, insomnia, schizophrenia, paranoia, turrets, or whatever other bull crap excuse thrown our way for acting like a complete and total disrespectful ass hat.

Man up and accept responsibility for being a tool and don't blame the world for your antisocial behavior. Those who want to change fight to change.

This community is a damn good community, composed of all walks of life, different minds, likes and dislikes. We all can, and have at one point or another, agreed to disagree on various ideas and suggestions. If you can't hang, then this is not the place for you.

And if its not the place for you, then please do not come back.

I LIKE CAVES!

CAVES LIKE ME!

CAVES!

LOUD NOISES!

But I refuse to accept anyone's health problems, insomnia, schizophrenia, paranoia, turrets, or whatever other bull crap excuse thrown our way for acting like a complete and total disrespectful ass hat.

Man up and accept responsibility for being a tool and don't blame the world for your antisocial behavior. Those who want to change fight to change.

There are no excuses really, and I have a hard time believing someone who honestly has any of the disorders listed would be so confrontational, but I have an easy time believing they are just a generally rude person and when it comes to that people should definitely do what they can to inform others of unacceptable behaviour and if they don't adjust themselves I definitely think we should not go out of our way to cater to them.

Am I the only one who thinks Rook's image of a cave is pretty awesome? It too a while for him to actually spit out what he was trying to say but now that he has I really like it.

I fucking hate this community.

How can you be so intelligent and like able yet so ornery and mean? Seriously, you're screwing with my head...

Edit: now I read Asabeliefs post. I see now. I feel kind of sad now... Why couldn't we all just be civil? Seriously. If you aren't mature enough to be able to deal with that then you need to take a serious look at your life.

To move on topic guys, here, is a really good idea!

The question is. Should these crystals only be for aesthetics? Why not have them drop the gems of TFC as well?

I KNOW RIGHT? :D

Not all crystals composed of gems. I'd say gems are the least frequent material for that, usually it's salts.

As for tight caves, you guys realise that this is a very hard to code, right? You, sentient beings, built structures that resemble tight caves, and said that it's not completely accurate, and then you expect a machine to try and repeat what you did?

I can't compose descent enough algorithm from the top of me-head, can you?

the caves we get is machine generated, they just changed around a bit manually, im guessing just moving blocks wouldnt be too hard to code, but the gems is another thing entirely, they'd have to change the generation of caves entirely

It's easy enough to generate current caves, they are just curved lines and blobs, essentially. What people are suggesting is to add more tight feel to them by placing additional stone blocks inside, from what I can tell. It is very hard to do with providing natural feel to it.

how about a randomizer based on the gravity affected blocks which has a 1% chance of dropping a gravity affected block upon chunk load? (or something in that general direction)

I've thought that would be a good idea before, give it a m ore natural and rough feel, and honestly it's happened to me before exploring caves, but I assume it was from me digging somewhere and causing reactions through the wall or something.

It's easy enough to generate current caves, they are just curved lines and blobs, essentially. What people are suggesting is to add more tight feel to them by placing additional stone blocks inside, from what I can tell. It is very hard to do with providing natural feel to it.

are there no values that determine the size / shape of these lines and blobs? or their quantity?

refuse to accept anyone's health problems, insomnia, schizophrenia, paranoia, turrets, or whatever other bull crap excuse thrown our way for acting like a complete and total disrespectful ass hat

you should try to think in his perspective, insomnia has disabled him from getting more than 2-3 hours of sleep a night, and schizophrenia can have catastrophic damage on the cerebral cortex, which combined can cause very irregular behavior patterns. sometimes, it's not a decision to be angry.

actually, with bioxx's new algorithm that allows him more control on land generation, it could perhaps be possible to have these type of caves generate randomly, after all IRL caves collapse even if its been stable for hundreds of years due to an unlucky step which chain reacts a cave in :3

As I previously said... There are patches of dirt that will sometimes collapse when you walk over them. But rock doing that would be interesting.

As I previously said... There are patches of dirt that will sometimes collapse when you walk over them. But rock doing that would be interesting.

Normally sinkholes are already visible, because they form from forces of water weathering them.

are there no values that determine the size / shape of these lines and blobs? or their quantity?

As small, as you're suggesting, they probably will be near-straight tunnels.

As small, as you're suggesting, they probably will be near-straight tunnels.

The already are... Just bigger. With the occasional stalactite. You need to add walls and water to narrow the cave. As well as lager stactites and mites