Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
turtletechy

That moment when you're annoyed with the stone in the middle of your ore.

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone else had this happen? I ran into the largest copper ore vein I think I'll ever see. I've already got three double chests of the stuff, and I'm still not done mining it. Anyone else run into similar luck?

Tiny string of sphalerite lead me to a ravine that had its walls built out of zinc ore. From one side of deposit sphalerite was mixed with magnetite, from the other side - with limonite, just slightly to the right in cave I dug up sparsed deposit of tetrahedrite. Down the ravine in plain sight there were two veins of coal.

Yup! At once point I had so much I decided to just make a couple copper picks, a load of support beams - and carve out the Copper vein for easier harvesting in the future.

I'll take some screenies when I get home..It's pretty impressive, especially considering we've had 3 people farming the poop out of it already!

The only thing I'm really worried about now is finding some tin or iron so I can move forward. I've got so much copper I don't know what to do with it.

The only thing I'm really worried about now is finding some tin or iron so I can move forward. I've got so much copper I don't know what to do with it.

Build a sculpture out of copper anvils. :D

Build a sculpture out of copper anvils. :D

Reason #7 we need placable ingots: metal-based architecture.

Reason #7 we need placable ingots: metal-based architecture.

What are YOUR reasons #1 - #6?

well, thinking about this, huge ore deposits are much more beliveable than random little spots of ore all over the place, also, this opens up the possibility for making mines for a specific type of ore, like a coal mine or gold mine ect.

What are YOUR reasons #1 - #6?

#1 More interesting storage, in the same train of thought as log piles, weapon racks, etc. Certainly better than trying to recall which chest your metals are stored in.

#2 Similar to #1, but having visible proof (that is, a big pile of metal you can see) of one's wealth in metals would be really cool.

#4 Provides an extra incentive in SMP to build secure storage facilities, since you can't just compact your most valuable stuff into a single-block chest that can't be accessed by people who aren't the owner (I know chests aren't like that by default, but most servers do that in some form, and I prefer a little risk in my gameplay).

#5 They're just about the only non-placable block right now, and exceptions to the rule are weird (nitpicky, I know, but w/e)

That's about it. Sorry, I don't believe in the number 3 this week, so it and its multiples don't exist.

#1 More interesting storage, in the same train of thought as log piles, weapon racks, etc. Certainly better than trying to recall which chest your metals are stored in.

#2 Similar to #1, but having visible proof (that is, a big pile of metal you can see) of one's wealth in metals would be really cool.

#4 Provides an extra incentive in SMP to build secure storage facilities, since you can't just compact your most valuable stuff into a single-block chest that can't be accessed by people who aren't the owner (I know chests aren't like that by default, but most servers do that in some form, and I prefer a little risk in my gameplay).

#5 They're just about the only non-placable block right now, and exceptions to the rule are weird (nitpicky, I know, but w/e)

That's about it. Sorry, I don't believe in the number 3 this week, so it and its multiples don't exist.

Some kind of racks for ingots would be nice..

Posted Image

It would be better to make the ingot simply place on the ground. You could chisel yourself a rack if you want one.

It would be better to make the ingot simply place on the ground. You could chisel yourself a rack if you want one.

But placement into a rack would be quicker, it would be similar in function to the log piles, only with a visual indication of capacity.