Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CreeperVon

Luckiest Person in TFC

14 posts in this topic

My first mineshaft I made was the one I made yesterday. I started to find traces of hematite but was rudely interrupted by a vein of saltpeter, messing up my propicks's readings. So, I decided to mine all the saltpeter. While I was mining it all, guess what I found? Yep, the hematite! I'm so happy now!! :)

Post your unlucky or luck experiences below!

lucky: found a cave, unlucky: filled to the brim with mobs: lucky: creepers killed all the mobs, unlucky: 3/4ths of the cave collapsed on my ass, forcing me to dig for 3 hours straight to get out, lucky: got home during daytime, unlucky: forgot to grab all that ore that dropped in the cave, lucky: got back in time to grab it all, unlucky: got sniped by a skeleton with aimbot

I'm in TFC depression. There were only 7 pieces in the vein :(

I'm in TFC depression. There were only 7 pieces in the vein :(

Then I died in lava. I quit TFC for a while.

There was almost certainly more than 7. hematite at that level tends to spread itself out, so if you do some more prospecting and mining, you should find more, I'd say probably upwards of 30 more.

If you really want to have extremely rotten luck, install the Zombie Awareness modification. That A.I. improvement mod can really give you a horrible day almost every night and whenever you're mining.

Hey, since you mentioned that you quit TFC for a little while, do you have any intention of coming back to it? And if so, i'm making a new let's play channel for youtube and i'm starting off with a let's play with 1-2 other people with TFC as my main subject, i'm still new to it and things will be a little difficult in the beginning but that's what makes it an adventure!! wanna play a let's play? :D

Lucky: Found traces of gold around 60. Unlucky: Mined forever and set up sluices to try and grab some gold. Lucky: Found gold! Unlucky: One. Block.

Next mission: Hoping to pull more gold from that one block using sluices. Anyone know what the odds are that I will be successful? I'm also in the process of scanning the area for more gold.

Also, I'm finding spalerite in Dacite. It sucks because the color is almost exactly the same. I thought this ore didn't spawn in Dacite.

While digging in some Casserite, I got that glitch of surfaces without texture (like X-Ray).

Then again ... but it was a hole and I fell very deep into an underwater river. Looking around and found Hematite :)

Hey, since you mentioned that you quit TFC for a little while, do you have any intention of coming back to it? And if so, i'm making a new let's play channel for youtube and i'm starting off with a let's play with 1-2 other people with TFC as my main subject, i'm still new to it and things will be a little difficult in the beginning but that's what makes it an adventure!! wanna play a let's play? :D

That would be so awesome! I was looking for a server to play on, and I didn't join TFC 2 days ago. I actually started playing around 1.0.0.

So when does the LP start? I will be really busy until Thursday 30th, so ya.

Unlucky: dug in a random spot a vertical tunnel to about level 60 and found nothing; Lucky: i've started hearing mobs noises, which implied a cave near, dug a bit and found it; Unlucky: first area filled up with mobs and i had left my steel armor in my fort because it was pretty damaged; Lucky: due to the fact that i found the cave digging a narrow diagonal tunnel, and being helped by Smart Moving, i've attracted mobs in the holes and killed them without taking damage; Unlucky: apparently the only ore available was lapis lazuli; Lucky: searching a bit more i've found traces of tetrahedrite and and then of native gold; Unlucky: tetrahedrite was included in lapis and was worth 5-6 stacks only; Lucky: while searching for gold vein i ended up in a such big vein that after mining 3/4 of a doublechest surveys still give me "very large sample of native gold"; More Lucky!!!: near the area of the big gold vein i've found a very big vein of galena, and found traces of cassiterite and copper, also in another spot of the cave system i've surveyed traces on sphalerite; unlucky: then i've found "small sample of gold" on the sides of a deep underground ravine, it seems like it cut off the gold vein leaving only few pieces of it on the walls.. but still i'm swimming into gold like i'm in el dorado!!!

Unlucky: dug in a random spot a vertical tunnel to about level 60 and found nothing; Lucky: i've started hearing mobs noises, which implied a cave near, dug a bit and found it; Unlucky: first area filled up with mobs and i had left my steel armor in my fort because it was pretty damaged; Lucky: due to the fact that i found the cave digging a narrow diagonal tunnel, and being helped by Smart Moving, i've attracted mobs in the holes and killed them without taking damage; Unlucky: apparently the only ore available was lapis lazuli; Lucky: searching a bit more i've found traces of tetrahedrite and and then of native gold; Unlucky: tetrahedrite was included in lapis and was worth 5-6 stacks only; Lucky: while searching for gold vein i ended up in a such big vein that after mining 3/4 of a doublechest surveys still give me "very large sample of native gold"; More Lucky!!!: near the area of the big gold vein i've found a very big vein of galena, and found traces of cassiterite and copper, also in another spot of the cave system i've surveyed traces on sphalerite; unlucky: then i've found "small sample of gold" on the sides of a deep underground ravine, it seems like it cut off the gold vein leaving only few pieces of it on the walls.. but still i'm swimming into gold like i'm in el dorado!!!

Cool, fellow paladin

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0