Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Moress

TerraFirma+ : Storage & Furniture

46 posts in this topic

I think it would be nice if we had pots and plates.

Plates would store food in block form, and let you eat it like cake(right click, eat multiple times before it's gone), and give a bit more hunger(I mean, steve does spill a awful lot when eating)

Meals should not be placeable inside vessels and chests, but you should be able to put it in a pot, via crafting(get bowl back).

A pot should keep meals hotter longer then a bowl, and be able to store 4 'servings' of the same meal. It should be able to be placed like ceramic items

Bibliocraft has a neat dinner plate. Which makes eating much more efficient, and frees up some inventory space! How useful it is in TFC depends on how often you need to eat uncooked meals.

I too would like pots to keep meals hot. Not necessarily remove it from the bowl, but work like a thermos. This way you could heat up a few meals before you set of working/adventuring and keep a few warm for that day/next morning.

I said the remove part because, who puts bowls of food in a pot?

Plus, it means we don't have to get pot into our hotbar, right-click, take out meal, close gui, and then eat the meal.

Also, it you make the pot hold the meals, and be re-heatable, it means you can tell the temperature, and all you need to do is just eat it like any other food

A lot of cool ideas guys. If you want to format it like my suggestions I would appreciate it immensely :)Im sorry I haven't gotten around to adding stuff. Been crazy busy lately

-Plate-

*Made of clay

*can be placed on ground like a block

*stores 4 pieces of food

*right click to eat food.

*food eaten in 4 pieces, gives more hunger total.

-Pot-

* made of metal(probably bronze or copper)

*can store up to 4 meals of the same kind, via crafting(get the bowl back)

*can keep the meal hot for a very long time

*Can be reheated in a firepit/forge without losing it's contents

*can be placed like pottery

*hold right-click to eat meals placed inside

There, formatted like yours the best I can

I said the remove part because, who puts bowls of food in a pot?

Asian cultures, take away delivery people (though for them it's a metal construct or plastic box shaped bag really). Admittingly they seal over each meal, which we cannot do in current TFC.The problem is that what you suggest requires a lot of dicking around just to store and pour meals. Additionally, it would require a lot of programming, which makes the inclusion of this idea unlikely to happen in a reasonable time frame, due to it's low priority and complexity. Copper pots would also burn your hands and let all the of heat out of the meal. Copper is great at diffusing heat.I think it is feasible to store up to 4 bowls in a pot with a little bit of pretend. Pretend that each meal is separated for each other like in a bento or something, and that there is a cork blocking air flow. You can store 128 meters cubed of thatch in a little bowl that takes up not even 0.25 meters cubed when placed on the ground. Throwing 4 types of grain into a pot don't get mixed up leaving you with a semi useless mix of items. Unless we could make trail mix, of course, but that would still leave the grains useless for seeding or grinding.If you want to get stored meals included, try to keep it simple.

Well you have a point, i guess.

I don't get your pot-grain comment though.

Well, storing different food into one container separated into compartments, I know of, but I don't know any Asian cultures that put bowls of food in a pot.

Anyways, I guess storing a bowl of meals in a pot is much simpler.

I don't get your pot-grain comment though.

He means that if in real life, when you put rice, wheat, barley and rye grains all into the same container, they're going to get all mixed up and there is no way using only your hands to reach in and pull out all of the grains that belong to only one plant.

Oh... technically it's possible, if you spend like, 3 days on it, but I get it.

And I think it was because the adding meal to pot directly thing, I'm pretty sure I said 4 servings of the same meal per pot so we don't have to mess with all the mixing meals and stuff

The inability to mix grains may be kinda cool, or possibly when you do it becomes "multi-grain"??

The inability to mix grains may be kinda cool, or possibly when you do it becomes "multi-grain"??

Multi-Grain, breakfast of Block Men. Brought to you by Biogg's!

When my family eats rice, we mix it with other kinds of rice before cooking.

Kinda a bump, since jute came out, but...

An idea: clay pots. holds food, and slightly slows decay rate

I know Jute came out, I hope they add burlap bags, that slow grain decay to near 0?Also I have to revamp some of the ideas to manage the new food-weight system and decay

Burlap should be able to store more than just Grain. Like I said in my post, They should function like ceramic vessels (How it is used as a item holder and food preserver), but with the advantages of having more space to store items (6 or 9?)

I think burlap should be able to hold all crops, but not meat or meals

I think curtains should let through some light, but not let mobs see through it, and when right-clicked, get drawn back, so you can put some over a window/hole to let some light through, and quickly be able to cover/uncover window/hole

I really like the idea of stone piles.  I end up with so many assorted, unstackable stones when adventuring, and I hate throwing anything away. Because knapping takes two stones of the same type I always end up with a single stone.  Also, if I was really surviving somewhere and I found a rock that might be handy later I would collect it, take it back to my campsite and add it to a pile.  I picture the stone pile placeable like a log pile, with a similar inventory, but shaped like a low berry bush (can't be stacked on top of each other)

Posted Image

Something like this?

And this is just my thought, but I think you should be able to stack it on top of each other, but make it so the blocks are effected by gravity and falls like dirt, and cannot be supported by blocks next to it. So while you can pile it to a giant pyramid-like pile, you can't make walls out of it or something

-Grain Mass Storage-

Usage:

Right click leather on floor and surrounding walls

Shift right click leather-on-floor to place grain

Right click grain to take grain

Right click leather to take leather

A full block of grain stores 16384 oz of grain, so a town only needs one place. Can't mix the grains, tho.

A thing that I crave for is visual stockpile, like the one in Stronghold series. This is what lumber storage should look like. Dem stacks of lumber! Also shown: apples and a stick.

Posted Image