Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
AllenWL

build 78 features.

27 posts in this topic

I just downloaded build 78.2, and I really need help in finding out what I should do.

I got a rawhide, but I can't make a thatch&rawhide bed, I don't know how berry bushes work, The wiki is being a great help, but it's not really enough....

Anyone care to explain how the new 78 features work and why I can't make a rawhide bed?

Straw & Hide page has been updated.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Straw_%26_Hide_Bed

You need a large raw hide, and you have to be standing at the foot of the bed and facing it so the two thatch blocks are one in front of the other in front of you.

Screenshot:

Posted Image

You can also watch the archive's of Pakratt's TFC Tuesday streams for more information.

Here's the archive of last Tuesday's stream, in order:

has the wiki been updated and those twitch tv links are tutorials?

Check the wiki's recent changes page for updated pages. Everything after April 10th should be mostly up to date for B78. I'm only one person, and I also have to write the changelog, so the updates are going to take a while.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/w/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&limit=100

The twitch tv links are just of Pakratt0013 beta testing the mod. There are no specific tutorials, it was just all all day stream that he did a bunch of stuff with.

An official new features/overview video by me and Dunk will be released soon, as stated on the home page.

You need a large raw hide, and you have to be standing at the foot of the bed and facing it so the two thatch blocks are one in front of the other in front of you.

How do you get a large raw hide? the one I got just said something like item.rawhide or something like that(I got it from a cow)

That's a bug. item.hide is the old item before sizes were implemented. It looks like cows, deer and bears are all still dropping the old ones. You'll have to find a big deer or sheep or something to get a large hide.

Well, that's a bother....

say, what do hot springs do?

Just look pretty for now, they will have more use when Body Temp is implemented.

Also, the changelog is updated now.

Oh. I see. well, they do look nice

Just look pretty for now, they will have more use when Body Temp is implemented.

Also, the changelog is updated now.

So that answers my question as to whether or not body temperature will still be implemented at a later date.

By the way I really like how everything looks greener. It's a bit too far to the other extreme IMO but it still looks much better than before.

Love the hot springs in my world. I didn't yet try swimming in them... xD

You should! it's great. I even plan to create a building arout one pool so it will be my personal onsen (japanese hot spring)

Hey, I looked at the changelog and apparently there is a quiver you can make.

Anyone know how to make one?

Epic terrain generation!In my first world I got this awesome hot waterfall!!!

post-4131-0-56546300-1397416378_thumb.pn

I was asking for help, and not really wanting people to list features, but I guess the title can be misleading.

Great waterfall, by the way

Kitty is very busy working on the Wiki - there are a number of pages already updated.If you're not familiar with TFC it'll be  a long struggle; even if you are there have been *so* many changes it's almost a new mod for us veterans :)

"The secret is is to bang the rocks together, guys" (Max Quordlepleen)

Have you guys noticed the holes in the bottom of hot springs? I've noticed that they usually go to bedrock(and sometimes contain ores, I have noticed bismuthinite in them). Nice work on the ore spawning and rock visibility devs, it's gotten a much needed overhaul. :)

Wow... the new 78 Build looks amazing! Ever since I have disappeared, this has left my mind for quite some time.

But, now the mod has updated... Time to download it!

(Soon as the Star Wars mod I'm downloading finishes up... :/.)

The rock visibility is a complete game changer for me. Finding surface ores has been brutal, and my first several days found myself with my nose in the dirt, never noticing terrain around me, just mindlessly punching rocks. In my current game, I am in tall narrow mountains, and I've found I can climb very high a zoom in on the ground below, scanning for ore visually. Most excellent.

TT

It looks good with fancy graphics settings. With fast graphics settings not so much... Having said that, i agree with all the above /

Um, how do I make rope?

That jute fiber defies all my efforts to braid it into rope.

It looks good with fancy graphics settings. With fast graphics settings not so much... Having said that, i agree with all the above /

i like the new textures too

post-4510-0-29325000-1397878194_thumb.pn