Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlexDC

Persistent block damage.

15 posts in this topic

As the title says I would like to see persistent damage to blocks as if you smash up a rock until just before its braking point in reality it wont heal back to a full strength.This has been done in other mods such as

EvilMinecraft

for example but obviously due to TFC having more blocks they would not be compatible.

I wouldn't mind seeing this either. Though this would be so punishing for some minecraft LP youtubers, because they hit things to bring the crowds attention to the thing.

I wouldn't mind seeing this either. Though this would be so punishing for some minecraft LP youtubers, because they hit things to bring the crowds attention to the thing.

Fair enough point but I have seen LP with this feature with no problems as they adapted very quickly. Also I think that there was still a split second where clicking has no effect which gives time for taping a block with no negative effects.

Plus to be fair if I was showing of something IRL I don't often hit it.

Fair enough point but I have seen LP with this feature with no problems as they adapted very quickly. Also I think that there was still a split second where clicking has no effect which gives time for taping a block with no negative effects.

Plus to be fair if I was showing of something IRL I don't often hit it.

Never said it was bad that it was punishing for LPers, actually I would love to see them derp a couple of times and by accident destroy extremely valuable blocks. To be honest I never really got why it wasn't in vanilla minecraft.

i pretty much agree with persistent damage on a block. i have used it in evilminecraft, i thought it was an interesting idea.

How about making the damage persistent, abut not entirely permanent- that is to say, you can damage the block all you want but over the course of a few inecraft days [depending on the block's delicateness, or otherwise characteristics] it could sort of revert to its undamaged shape, so LPers can derp about, and the blocks won't look like broken glass forever.

[Other perks could be that if you decide to do a PvP Server with TFCraft, you could use this to emulate the strain of siege on structures, or you could have TNT damage blocks instead of them resisting its blast perfectly, which could help with mining, or razing]

Yes this is definitely something that should be added.

Another suggestion would be to have spackle, and mortar to accelerate the 'regenerative' process, but I'd like to have that 'crafting delay thing' applied to it so that you have to charge up the mortar/spackle like a bow [or a chisel in the sonoma mod, or the bone bow from Thaumcraft 2]

Most of the time when this has been done it will either track a block's progress or track a set number of blocks and their progress. I think that they also would auto-regenerate over a period of time. While I am not against this idea I am also not sure what 'value' this brings to the game. It is a neat idea and would let you do terraria type mining where you jump smack a block, but overall I do not see this as a very.. altering.. change.

Eh, never really thought of this, set aside actual explosions, player shenanigans, what else is there.

I can think of damage from caveins [on fallen blocks, and blocks near the ones that fell], but it's going to be a while for that.

Other than that, I guess it could add a sense of lifetime to a tree.

i think i like the idea of terraria-like mining and block damage.

i stopped playing Evilmc because of this i would accidentally hit a block in a wall and would have to remove it to place a new one

too time consuming and a real pain in the ass IMO

if you add this give us atleast the option to turn it off......

i stopped playing Evilmc because of this i would accidentally hit a block in a wall and would have to remove it to place a new one

too time consuming and a real pain in the ass IMO

if you add this give us atleast the option to turn it off......

yeah that did get awfully annoying, thats y i think Crysyn's idea was great to have it "regenerate"

Another option would be to purposely fix things.. maybe they take like 10 hits they will auto-regen if you only do five or less.. after that you can just get a little mortal and patch em up or something.. But I am still not sure this is overall a huge requirement.

I never looked too deep into the mechanics of the blocks in Terraria but when I was playing I did notice that the damage regenerated to full HP or whatever after 1 second of inactivity. You could bunny-hop and still dig blocks just barely out of reach, but you had to keep at it or the damage you did wouldn't stick. HOWEVER, this might be a little too quick of a recovery for this mod since the focus does seem to be more on the realism.. so to speak heh.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0