Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

Bibliocraft Addon

27 posts in this topic

I just had an idea. Everybody know bibliocraft and some TFC Servers use it. It could be nice to see with the mod author if there is a way to have a TFC addon.

With enough popular support, I guess it would be possible.

In the recipes, all the slabs could be changed for single plank and wool block for wool cloth. Of course, we would need to implement colored wool cloth to TFC, but it should not be too hard to get someone could even send a pull request on Github for it, and and if we say that it's to get a bibliocraft addon, I guess that Bioxx will say yes.

Of course, we would not need a recipe for tool rack and armor stands as we already have them.

If the bibliocraft developper make his own addon, I would offer to organize a better translation system for his mod (using what we do here), and maybe some of our translators could translate his mod. That would be a win-win situation.

I like the idea. Bibliocraft has addons for several mods that add wood types, and we've got plenty of those in TFC.

i love bibliocraft

I would like this too. There is only so much you can do with the chisel and any item chiselled cannot be moved anymore (or it will break if you try).

plus, you know, maybe you have a nicely chiseled chair, but you can't sit in it...

I ask the mod author if he would consider it. I know it would require a bit more tweaks as TFC inventory have weight/size limits and must make hot metal cool down and food decay, but at least we can know if he would be considering.

That's a good idea. I have biblocraft in my TFC server, and I enabled player access to the items by being able to purchase them through vendors.

There's also the option to use the biblocraft addon, that adds dye colors I think. Then you can use custom npc mod to create your own recipes. As Alice suggested, in my server, a circle a wool cloth gives you 8 wool blocks.  

This may sound dumb, but breaking boats still gives vanilla wood planks which can be used with bibliocraft xD

This may sound dumb, but breaking boats still gives vanilla wood planks which can be used with bibliocraft xD

I broke a boat and got TFC Oak.

That's a good idea. I have biblocraft in my TFC server, and I enabled player access to the items by being able to purchase them through vendors.

There's also the option to use the biblocraft addon, that adds dye colors I think. Then you can use custom npc mod to create your own recipes. As Alice suggested, in my server, a circle a wool cloth gives you 8 wool blocks.  

On the server where I once played, there was recipes to get vanilla wood from tfc wood so people where able to make them.

definitely looks promising!  Too bad about the wait for 1.7, but such is life.

I broke a boat and got TFC Oak.

The first four planks from creative inventory (two of which are oak and chestnut) are working the exact way vanilla planks work, meaning you can make bibliocraft stuff with them. Only iron and such is a problem.

The first four planks from creative inventory (two of which are oak and chestnut) are working the exact way vanilla planks work, meaning you can make bibliocraft stuff with them. Only iron and such is a problem.

If you really want to find a way to use it with all would I guess you can figure a way to do it. You would need 3 mods. Bibliocraft, one bibliocraft addon and Custom NPC. You will have to retexture the items from Bibliocraft and the addon, and rename them in the .lang file to match TFC woods. Then use Custom NPC to add custom recipes for all items you want. That would require some work and would only work if the addon do not require the other mod (like if the forestry addon can work without forestry).

But a real addon made for TFC would be better. And with items introduced in 1.7 release of Bibliocraft, like the big book, it will be a must for TFC players.

And : http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1680480-172164forgesmp-bibliocraft-v163-bookcases-armor-stands-shelves-printing-presses-seats-map-frames-and-more-updated-03272014/page__st__2540#entry31106275

Why is aliceingame banned? He was helping to get bibliocraft in TFC...

Alice was banned due to an argument in IRC. After insulting me (comparing me to a dictator) she was warned that continuing such behavior would result in a ban in both our IRC channel, and the forums. Her response was simply "do it, I don't care." so she was banned.

Why is aliceingame banned? He was helping to get bibliocraft in TFC...

Alice was trying to help with the wiki but some things she did without asking (or not to the given specifications, either or) and Kitty began to tell her what she did wrong or not to do certain things, etc. After a while Alice got frustrated and ended up snapping at Kitty.

I honestly hope it's not a permanent ban. I'd rather have seen a removal of wiki privileges (as apparently she wasn't editing the wiki appropriately, if I recall correctly she was trying to remove something user-related) and a temp ban to give her time to cool off. I don't know what might have happened in the past with Alice though, so that's just from having been on IRC at the time; a permanent ban could have been warranted (if it is in fact a permanent ban).

Either way, I'd like to see bibliocraft in TFC someday. :P

Ah ok i see. I just couldn't figure out what happened to her. 

EDIT: would it be possible to get vanilla iron from wrough iron ingots just the way we can get vanilla leather from TFC leather? It would just be 1 line of code in the config file?

Ah ok i see. I just couldn't figure out what happened to her. 

EDIT: would it be possible to get vanilla iron from wrough iron ingots just the way we can get vanilla leather from TFC leather? It would just be 1 line of code in the config file?

Both of those are already in the config file, specifically: enableVanillaRecipes and enableVanillaIronRecipe

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Configuration

plus, you know, maybe you have a nicely chiseled chair, but you can't sit in it...

How much game time do you actually spend sitting in a bibliocraft chair?

If the bibliocraft developper make his own addon, I would offer to organize a better translation system for his mod (using what we do here), and maybe some of our translators could translate his mod. That would be a win-win situation.

--

Spanish is my mother tongue, I can do the spanish translation, not only for this, but for TFC itself and every addon.

It's a nice place to AFK on, or to eat, or to just take a pretty screenshot, or to admire the view.

On my modded versions with bibiliocraft and thaumcraft together, I sit in chair every time I'm doing research at a table. Why do you people always underestimate the vanily factor?

Creator of Bibliocraft mod, Nuchaz kindly replied to my request for a port of the mod to TFC. Positive, but we need to wait and see :)

Thanks for the heads up on the 1.7.10 version being out, that was one thing I was waiting on before looking into an addon for TFC. I would like to do an addon for it at some point. I'll definitely be finishing up the Atlas and working on a couple other things before I get to it, but I am interested in it. Recipes are much more involved for TFC than the other mods, which is one reason I don't already have a TFC version, since TFC pretty much changes everything. I really wouldn't mind taking advantage of the anvil crafting for certain things too, like the golden compass. I'm not sure what is involved in doing that, but I like the idea of it. So yeah, eventually I probably will, but I can't say for sure when I'll get to it yet.