Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Briareos1981

Hardcore Quest Mode in TFC. What do u think?

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

i´m form germany and new to this Forum and TFC. But this "mod" got me from the first second :D . The last Minecraft related thing i played, was "Agrarian Skies". And now i have the Idea to "use" the Hardcore Questing Mode(HQM) http://hqm.wikispaces.com/ in TFC. At this point i wait for the permissions of the HQM-Dev-Team to use their mod for this goal. But till they answer i would like to know what the Forum mebers of TFC think about this Idea? Would TFC benefit from HQM and how could this be integreated? Via Twitter i wrote Bioxx about the Idea, i think he likes it :) . So i love to "hear" your Ideas about this...let´s go

Please be mercifull for my bad english :rolleyes:

Hey Briareos, welcome to the forums (also known as The Madhouse, > :D).

Hardcore Quest Mode? I don't think I've ever heard of that; I've only heard of Agrarian Skies (Direwolf20 was doing that, last I heard), but I never seen it at all.

Regardless, I've checked the link and, well, honestly? TFC is already difficult as it is. I don't see how this will immensely benefit TFC as a whole; maybe with multiplayer and challenges, but aside from possibly more exposure, in terms of gameplay and whatnot, it'll be the least affected. I'm sure that's not the point right now, however.

Intergration-wise, I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult (unless adding more lives to Hardcore mode or similar is part of the Minecraft base code, which is something the developers want to avoid as much as possible).

EDIT: For some reason, Google Chrome is extremely slow on this site, and Internet Explorer won't even allow me to log in, :L.

Forgecraft related mods are a lot easier for us to associate with since bioxx and I were invited by pahimar to the server / community, so HQM is one of the easier things we could work with.

Hey Briareos, welcome to the forums (also known as The Madhouse, > :D).

Hardcore Quest Mode? I don't think I've ever heard of that; I've only heard of Agrarian Skies (Direwolf20 was doing that, last I heard), but I never seen it at all.

Regardless, I've checked the link and, well, honestly? TFC is already difficult as it is. I don't see how this will immensely benefit TFC as a whole; maybe with multiplayer and challenges, but aside from possibly more exposure, in terms of gameplay and whatnot, it'll be the least affected. I'm sure that's not the point right now, however.

Intergration-wise, I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult (unless adding more lives to Hardcore mode or similar is part of the Minecraft base code, which is something the developers want to avoid as much as possible).

HQM doest not make the game harder... actually yes as it's hardcore and you have a limited number of lives, but you can get more lifes so it's not that bad.

The only thing you might want to do, is to push a suggestion to have a "or" quest that would allow to craft any level of bronze anvil for example.

If well done, It could act as an ingame guide. I started to work on it for myself but did not whent really far.

My idea would be to make it as a complete guide on how to get everything.

Hmm im not much a quester myself, but having it as a side option to swap the habbit might work for me.

I think this add on is a good idea for new people getting to know TFC. For me personally, it's not that interesting.

We do already have hardcore mode. Vanilla has hardcore mode. It's more hardcore than having several lives, too. For those who wouldn't want limited lives, however, neither vanilla nor hardcore quest mode would probably hold much value.

I'd suggest giving it a try if you're so inclined, quite possibly a few players will enjoy it. Certainly though, I also feel no need for such mod t be regular part of TFC as I'd probably not use it.

Hey everyone,

very nice to hear so much suggestions in a short time. Till now i didn´t get an answer from the dev crew of HQM. The idea of a ingame Manual, that rewards several actions was my thought,too. It´s the Same in Agrarian Skies! The lag if NEI and switching to the wiki everytime for beginners (like me) is a little bit annoying. And don´t forget, its a addon,  u could install u don´t have to! My wive suprised me with a little vacation for the naxt days, so u may not hear from me often, but please keep up posting ideas! So when the permission from HQM is there, i can start building a quest,and maybe one or another is willing to try it  :) 

From what i have seen in Agrarian Skies, its quite mandatory actually (especially the hardcore part), since the whole mod composition is also build around it.

Havnt played it a lot so im totally sure (not to mention im not that knowledgable on HQM), but progression seems quite tied together with HQM.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0