Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Terex

[b79.6] Laggy servers, too high rate of chunk updates

7 posts in this topic

I really can't provide any information. My mate from Australia and I (in Germany) used to play TFC b78 on MC 1.6.4 without too much lag (say response times of breaking stuff within 1 second). Our ping is (360 ms) with Hamachi.

Now with TFC b79.6 (clean installation) the game is unplayable. The lag is so bad, it takes well over 30 seconds for a response. We tested vanilla MC 1.7.10 with no problems. We also added Optifine to help with the chunk loading, but made no difference with the TFC mod. I also found chunk updates remain very high (100 updates or so) even after a while, say 10 min. Also on single player, i find the rate of chunk updates remains very high. Finally, my mate also reported flashes of the underground repeatedly loading in and out of view. 

Any ideas? Do you also experience much laggier online multiplayer worlds than you had with TFC 78?

1.7.10 is ridiculously laggy all on its own compared to 1.6.4. TFC just makes this problem more obvious, which is why build 80 will probably just be the update to 1.8 as quickly as possible.

1.7.10 is ridiculously laggy all on its own compared to 1.6.4. TFC just makes this problem more obvious, which is why build 80 will probably just be the update to 1.8 as quickly as possible.

Is it just me, or are all the great mods with a lot of intense development always racing to keep up with official releases?But yea, here's hoping the developers catch some good luck in the next build. Eager to see what they have in mind as far as all the suggestions here are going.

Thanks for the encouraging replies :) Good things will come to those who wait. 

For me it was laggy, too.

Well, I fixed it by starting Minecraft with more Ram and since I've done this, I have no problems anymore with 58 mods installed and Shaders Ultra + FastCraft 1.9. :)

Is it just me, or are all the great mods with a lot of intense development always racing to keep up with official releases?

Racing is not the correct word, cursing, throwing tantrums, rewriting everything from scratch *again*, but no racing.

Well, I fixed it by starting Minecraft with more Ram

In case anyone doesn't know: in the launcher edit the profile, select "JVM arguments" and write "-Xmx2G" into the field, where 2 is the amount of gigabytes of RAM you want to use, you can write any number here that your PC can support.

The JVM arguments will definitely help for SSP or client side, but if they are having tps issues on a server then they'll want to adjust their launch parameters. Again it may end up needing more RAM, but like the client too much is also a bad thing. From what I'm seeing on my SSP client 2G for RAM is plenty for clients and I would not suggest going higher unless running shaders/HD textures. I do suggest bumping up the permgen as well. -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M I use this in the JVM arguments I have for a very full pack and they seem to run TFC well.