Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ziat007

[79.7] Carpenters Blocks - Cannot Place Thatch on Slopes

10 posts in this topic

Version #: [1.7.10] TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.7.292.jar (worked in 78)

SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer): Both

Suggested NameCarpenters Blocks - Cannot Place Thatch on Slopes

Suggested Category: Minor

Description: As of the new version of TFC I am unable to place Thatch on to Carpenters Blocks (Slopes). This is rather unfortunate as I build a really pretty house with a beautiful thatch roof :(

Have you deleted your config files and are still able to reproduce this bug?: Yes
*If you answered no to the above question, delete your config files and try to reproduce the bug. This question is here because many bugs are caused by mistakes in config files. All bug reports should have an answer of "Yes" to this question.

Do you have any mods other than Forge and TFC installed?: Yes

If yes, which mods?
 [1.7.10]DamageIndicatorsMod-3.2.0.jar

[1.7.10]LeatherWaterSac-3.3.B79.jar
[1.7.10]TerraFirmaCraft-0.79.7.292.jar
BetterFoliage-1.0.1.jar
Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.0 - MC 1.7.10.jar
CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.2.9-universal.jar
fastcraft-1.9.jar
JourneyMap4.0.5_Unlimited_MC1.7.10.jar
MorePlayerModels_1.7.10b.jar
NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.2.15-universal.jar
OpenEye-0.6-1.7.10.jar
OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_A4.jar
PlayerAPI-1.7.10-1.1.jar
RenderPlayerAPI-1.7.10-1.0.jar
SmartCore-1.7.10-1.0.jar
SmartMoving-1.7.10-15.2.jar
SmartRender-1.7.10-2.0.jar
TerraFirmaCraftNEIplugin-1.7.10-1.0.0.jar
worldedit-forge-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT-shadow.jar

If you have Optifine or Cauldron installed, can you still reproduce the bug after uninstalling them? Yes
*Both Optifine and Cauldron edit the base classes of forge that TFC uses. Because of this, we cannot officially support any issues that happen only when these mods are installed.

This very likely has to do with the extreme changes to thatch blocks in 79. I doubt that carpenters blocks can support blocks which mobs and players walk through, so that's why they don't work. 

This very likely has to do with the extreme changes to thatch blocks in 79. I doubt that carpenters blocks can support blocks which mobs and players walk through, so that's why they don't work.

It seems like this might be solvable via a config, I am doing more research into it.

I admit, the picture is old, but I think the problem is that you can walk through the thatch. (Same problem happens with other mods with walk through blocks). I will look into this to see if it can be fixed (it probably can't be fixed with TFC or CP doing something, but meh)

we would need a solid thatch block, something like thatch + lumber (so it's a metal age building material) that would make it possible to use it on carpenter's blocks and also make it more practical roofing material

OK, I fixed it in the CB config, make the cover options look like this: 

# This allows restricted blocks to be used as covers.
    # Add your own by supplying the display name for the block (en_US only).
    S:"Cover Exceptions" <
        Silverwood Planks
        Greatwood Planks
        Thatch
     >

Then restart the client, and you have thatch in slopes, thank you for pointing this out, I can now fix that in my modpack. I wonder if it can be done with logs aswell...

You want a thatch roof for aesthetical reasons, right? I was just thinking - why not remove thatch altogether (as of now it hasn't much purpose anyway), and make similar looking solid reed roof blocks, which would need to be bound together by rope (quite expensive, isn't it?).

I come from a rather flat part of Austria with a large lake - people there have been using reeds from that lake as a roofing material for centuries (and some still do). That looks quite appealing in real life too, and would finally give some use to these cattails :)

Edit: that was meant as an answer to aliceingame, sorry for off-topic, that idea would be better off in the suggestion forum ...

Good to see that there is a solution!

Yes, thatch is cool! If fit the TFC timeframe and it's a traditional building material for roof in Europe and in Japan too.

This is how cool thatch roof can be : http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5951.html