Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holy_Shield

Monster squids

27 posts in this topic

I think there should be some giant squids in the ocean to slaughter us the way we do squiddies.

I think there should be some giant squids in the ocean to slaughter us the way we do squiddies.

Aye, i love me calamari in teh mornin`

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

The Kraken!

then we need also a davy jones :D

I actually think this would be good addition to TFC. After all, there is absolutely no challenge in swimming across an entire ocean with no opposition, even in night. With this people would have a reason to actually FEAR the ocean and have a bit of challenge addad to the game. I think it would go great with the insanely deep oceans that TFC creates. Overall, if it was implemented right, this could be an incredible addition to TFC. ^_^

If the oceans are that deep now it would be really usefull to have something to keep air in and something like a lead ball to keep you on the bottom. Mining in the water is just to slow now =/

we just need the ocean to be a more lively place. Including monster squids (which actually exist), sharks, but also new oppertunities to obtain food like seaweed.

I dont think everything in the water tht is big should be dangerous, such as whales that could turn up on the beach occasionally is natural disasters come into the mod. They could be a sorce of whale oil that is really flammable, easy torches, and the skin could make clothes to keep you warm in cold biomes. Also they should be more common in certain places then others and actually grow as they get older, maybe naturally die from age and float on the water for a time to be harvested. Then they could actually breed bringing over fishing into the mod, take enough of the whales out and so few of them find each other that they die out compleatly in a area. I would love a opportunity to get more then invisible fish and whales from the thing that sometimes is all I get with a pie of dirt.

Hey guys, I had this EXACT idea lol. I talked to bioxx about it, but the coding is pretty daunting so i don't know if I'll ever get around to it. I was watching a program on Humboldt squid when I thought of it lol.

Kraken is the best rum ever.

Back on topic, I fully support the idea of more water mobs in general. The oceans are big places, and you're telling me that 2-block squid are the sole inhabitants? I call shenanigans.

This idea is more of a "meh" for me. The only use I see for it is when you're disadvantaged and spawn on an island with nothing on it, or just atmosphere.

Kraken is the best rum ever.

Back on topic, I fully support the idea of more water mobs in general. The oceans are big places, and you're telling me that 2-block squid are the sole inhabitants? I call shenanigans.

maybe bioxx should talk to dr zark or one of the other animal modders

I'm all for any mod joining TFC would be great for the base of a pack when FutureCraft comes out and someone makes a patch. I think we could almost have people pay for a grouping like that (almost).

hmm maybe not adding giant squids but as i see it, those vanilla squids are pretty friggin huge already

maybe they could be neutral mobs that attack you if you attack them

maybe bioxx should talk to dr zark or one of the other animal modders

bro... I am the mob modder

bro... I am the mob modder

than i am sorry for not recognising you my lord

would you please create for us, the most terrifing beast, to devour ships and to put fear in the hearts of men ? do this, and be forever recognised for your greatness :D

than i am sorry for not recognising you my lord

would you please create for us, the most terrifing beast, to devour ships and to put fear in the hearts of men ? do this, and be forever recognised for your greatness :D

lol I'm really behind on my other modding stuff, but when I'm done with the deer and stuff I will get right to it just for you.

lol I'm really behind on my other modding stuff, but when I'm done with the deer and stuff I will get right to it just for you.

lol exelent :) take your time, this beast may take awhile

lol exelent :) take your time, this beast may take awhile

Some preliminary testing has realized my fear: something large like this doesn't fit very well in minecraft. The oceans are not very deep and the shallows are deadly to it. A monster may be out of minecraft's reach, but I could still make squids deadly if you like. (They would grab you with their tentacles -after a remodeling of course- and try to drown you) What do you think?

Some preliminary testing has realized my fear: something large like this doesn't fit very well in minecraft. The oceans are not very deep and the shallows are deadly to it. A monster may be out of minecraft's reach, but I could still make squids deadly if you like. (They would grab you with their tentacles -after a remodeling of course- and try to drown you) What do you think?

Or just shoot poisonous ink... whichever seems easier.

any way of making them just a little bit bigger? perhaps so they look simaler to a humbot squid? maybe add longer tenticles and a sharper more pointed body?

any way of making them just a little bit bigger? perhaps so they look simaler to a humbot squid? maybe add longer tenticles and a sharper more pointed body?

Oh for sure adding the two arms. While the main body + tentacles of the squid will stay the same, i think I'll add a top onto the body to make it pointier and then two arms each about as long as the original squid. Total length might be 5 blocks?

I'm thinking something closer to this http://www.wpclipart.com/animals/aquatic/squid/squid_catching_a_fish.png

Oh for sure adding the two arms. While the main body + tentacles of the squid will stay the same, i think I'll add a top onto the body to make it pointier and then two arms each about as long as the original squid. Total length might be 5 blocks?

I'm thinking something closer to this http://www.wpclipart...hing_a_fish.png

very good choose :D

also one of my friends on theTFCraft esper net talked about some other sea life (though his ideas were abit odd)

could your squid perhaps take some ideas from the colossal squid? i think it looks abit more threatning and also looks abit more interesting

Posted Image

very good choose :D

also one of my friends on theTFCraft esper net talked about some other sea life (though his ideas were abit odd)

could your squid perhaps take some ideas from the colossal squid? i think it looks abit more threatning and also looks abit more interesting

Posted Image

You know what I could do? I could have a very small chance for a normal squid to spawn larger with a few different body proportions to look like your colossal friend here.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0