Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Lumireaver

Resins and Awesome Tree Stuff

14 posts in this topic

I posted this at in the thread over at the Minecraft Forum, but I figured I'd bring it here for further review.

...Regarding the spear fix... Posted Image

I couldn't possibly be the only one that feels one spear should at least by able to drop three zeds, right? If you're comfortable where it's at, there at least ought to be a second tier spear.

Also a(nother) suggestion that would fit with the upcoming agriculture update. If you would consider perhaps adding resins as a random drop to various trees. You can go as far as you want with it.

The most simple implementation would be adding a generic 'amber' gem-type item as a rare drop. (IE: Chipped, Flawed, Normal, Flawless, and Exquisite Amber) Going further, different resins could be taken from different trees, and they could see different uses. Either as ingredients in medicinal items, or varnishes for tool durability buffs? ...I believe the earliest inks were resin-based, too. That would be much better than having to slay squids.. Posted Image

Lazy post is lazy

I'm not sure what need to be elaborated on, currently. Actually I'm researching resins myself to see what comes from where.

Also requsting Dracaena cinnabari.

WOW, Those trees look AWESOME!

I want to see them in game!

Also requsting Dracaena cinnabari.

Given my avatar, is it weird or expected that I know that name off the top of my head... as well as the tree's preferred climate, soil type, and the fact that it only grows naturally on the island of Socatra off the southern coast of Yemen in the middle east. I swear to the gods I did not just look that up, I actually legit know that off the top of my head.

Dragonsblood is my absolute favorite incense, and I make it my business to keep tabs on where the things I like come from.

Honestly, this would be SOOOOOOO useful in TFC. Felling the tree would produce both logs and resin bits - resin could be right-clicked directly to heal half a heart of damage instantly, with a 5-minute cooldown (dragonsblood resin is a powerful coagulant, and compresses made from them rapidly stop bleeding and help the flesh mend)... it could be applied to a stick to make an unlit incense, which you could light in a campfire like a torch. Placing it in-world would cause players in a 3-block area to have slightly faster regeneration from having a full hunger bar. You could also craft ink sacs and rose red together to create red markings (usable in a planning bench just like regular markings), and then craft THAT with the resin to get Dragonsblood Markings, which could be used in the future enchanting system.

- the post is right above me snip -

Oookay, you're pretty enthusiastic. I'd imagine the dragon blood tree would produce lots of wood relative to sticks and saplings which kind of justifies it being more valuable than other trees. I was thinking it's resin could be used to cure a bleeding status effect instead of just healing, as well as being used in different medicines. Not sure if it should have to be combined with some kind of bandage first though. The actual uses for medicinal items kind of depends heavily on what Bioxx wants to do with the health/medicine system...

I like where you're going with AoE incenses though. I wonder if it could be built into an artisan craft... You know, like another profession.

Images for those of you who are curious but don't want to look anything up...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Images for those of you who are curious but don't want to look anything up...

Posted Image

Posted Image

this things look like giant leafy mushrooms O.o

this things look like giant leafy mushrooms O.o

That was my first thought after clicking the "dragon tree" link expecting to see something dragon-like. It's still cool looking, but you've got to wonder how it got the name.

That was my first thought after clicking the "dragon tree" link expecting to see something dragon-like. It's still cool looking, but you've got to wonder how it got the name.

It's named after the dragonsblood resin it produces.

The more you know.

Water producing trees? I.e. tap them to get rubber.

I think pine resin would be a new hot-burning material used on a campfire

Hey... guess what Iiiiiiii got on my vacation?

Here's a hint: it came from a wicca shop, comes in thick irregular chunks, and is very relevant to this thread

Hey... guess what Iiiiiiii got on my vacation?

Here's a hint: it came from a wicca shop, comes in thick irregular chunks, and is very relevant to this thread

Just admit it. You went on the vacation entirely to go get some Dragonsblood.

Just admit it. You went on the vacation entirely to go get some Dragonsblood.

Nopers. Had no clue the place had it, and my parents picked where we were going anyway.

Course once I saw a wicca shop, I did make sure to check - thank the gods I did! :3