Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abculatter_2

Praecantatio: Thaumcraft Integration Mod

17 posts in this topic

So a number of ideas I've recently had for integrating Thaumcraft into Terra Firma Craft has encouraged me to start learning how to Java, and I decided I'd put these ideas up here for input while I learn.

I suppose if someone else wanted to take up making this mod, that would also be fine, though I do kinda like finally feeling motivated to program, so I'd probably make my own version anyway.

As for the ideas...

(Note: This is intended to be a full integration mod, not merely a compatibility layer. This means that, when completed, Thaumcraft should feel like it 'belongs' in TFC, be balanced and believable, and have as few rough edges as possible)

Resources:

Elemental shards would be made by arcane crafting different gem types, consuming vis of the appropriate type. Higher quality gems would give more shards, with chipped giving 2 (or maybe 4) and every level above that adding 2 to the previous level's output.

Elemental associations will be as follows:

Agate: Ignis
Amethyst: Perditio
Beryl: Perditio
Emerald: Terra
Garnet: Aer
Jade: Terra
Jasper: Aqua
Opal: Ordo
Ruby: Ignis
Sapphire: Aqua
Topaz: Aer
Tourmaline: Ordo

Diamonds will be unique, in that they can be crafted into any shard, varied by where the gem is placed on the crafting grid.

Additionally, if it seems necessary, I may add an alternative crafting recipe that uses one flux dust, and instead produces a shard of the opposite type that the gem would usually make. Example: Ruby + flux would give aqua, instead of ignis. This would be added with the intention of hopefully making it a little easier to get all the shard types.

Also, if it's not already the case, I will make fortune increase the chances of receiving a gem when mining a stone block. Fortune can already be acquired from infusion enchanting, it's just a matter of making the recipe work with TFC.

Two alloys will be added by the mod:
Electrum, made with a 80-20% mix of gold and silver, and will be the same anvil tier as its components, and cannot be made into an anvil
Thaumlectrum, made with a 10-30% mix of thaumium and 90-70% electrum, and will be the same anvil tier as steel, and cannot be made into an anvil

Mundane Rings will be made by working an ingot of either electrum or thaumlectrum, yielding either one or two rings
Mundane rings can then be crafted with silk/yarn to make a mundane amulet, or leather for a mundane belt

Thaumometer will be made from a Mundane Ring, crafted normally with a shard of any type and a piece of glass

Thaumium will be made in much the same way as it is in vanilla Thaumcraft, but can be made with either a Wrought Iron ingot or a Platinum ingot. It can be worked like any other TFC ingot, with the vanilla Thaumcraft tool and armor recipes removed. It will also be the same anvil tier as wrought iron, and cannot be made into an anvil

Will add Incalcinate Clay, made in much the same way as fire clay but with lapis powder and flux instead of kaolinite and graphite

Ingots will get a recipe with the chisel, which will divide them in half, then the halves into quarters, for use in slightly altered metal transmutation recipes. These can be recombined either in an anvil with flux, just like welding together two ingots, or in an arcane worktable with a wand, at the cost of vis. There might also be an arcane worktable recipe for combining ingots into double ingots, which will require flux.

Salis Mundis will be changed slightly, so it requires a hammer on a balanced shard instead of smelting

Placing Salis Mundus into a barrel/ceramic vessel of limewater, and allowing it to percolate for an hour or two, will convert up to 1000mb of limewater per salis mundus into Aqua Salis fluid. Then adding sand to the barrel will make Salis Mortar, with the same ratios as normal mortar.

Crafting stone bricks with Salis Mortar instead of normal mortar will make arcane stone bricks, which can be crafted with a chisel to make smooth arcane stone.
Salis Mortar will also be used a lot in other recipes as well.

Glowstone duplication will be removed, and a recipe for glowstone will be added to the Nitor research, requiring sulphur, lux, and sensus.

Clay duplication will also likely be changed to use some other resource instead of just poofing clay out of nothing but essentia. Flux or Kaolinite powder seem like good candidates for this.

Many recipes will also be changed, in order to better fit with the TFC theme and make use of otherwise useless resources. For example, essentia tubes and manipulation in general will primarily use lead, with electrum/thaumlectrum being used interchangably as a 'supporting' resource. Jet will also be used as a replacement for silverwood in vis filters, to provide it with more use and not require silverwood spawning.

Aspects will, of course, be added to as many items as I can accomodate.

Wands and Caps:

Caps:

Many TFC metals would get a wand cap, with the base cap being made in the anvil out of an ingot of the metal, yielding 2 caps. For tier 1 caps, this would be all they need. Tier 2 would require arcane crafting of the cap, while Tier 3 would require both arcane crafting and infusion.

Tier 1:

All caps of this tier would have a 110% vis cost, unless the vis type is listed, in which case it is a 105% cost.

Bismuth: Aer + Terra

Tin: Ignis + Aqua

Zinc: Ordo + Perditio

Copper: All vis

For the initial wand, these can simply be crafted with a stick in the same way as the vanilla Thaumcraft iron wand caps.

Tier 2:

All caps of this tier would have a 100% vis cost, unless the vis type is listed, in which case it is a 95% cost.

Bronze: Ignis
Bismuth Bronze: Terra
Black Bronze: Aqua
Brass: Aer
Rose Gold: Ordo
Stirling Silver: Perditio
Electrum/Thaumlectrum: All

Tier 3:
All caps of this tier would have a 90% vis cost, unless the vis type is listed, in which case it is a 85% cost.

Thaumium: None

Platinum: Ordo, Perditio

Nickel: Ignis, Aqua, Terra, Aer

Blue/Red Steel: All

Wands:

Greatwood Wands will be renamed and retextured, or simply replaced, with Jet Wands. They will be functionally identical to greatwood, and be made the same way, but with jet instead of Greatwood.

Likewise, Silverwood will likely be renamed/replaced with Black Steel Wands, though I'm still a bit iffy about whether black steel is best for this. Blue/Red steel seem too far in the tech tree, and I'm unsure of what else might be a good candidate for material. This would be made in exactly the same way as a silverwood wand, just with a black steel ingot instead of a silverwood log.

All of the self-replenishing wands will have their central infusion ingredient be replaced by pitchblende

Infernal Furnace Replacements:

(Thinking about this further, I'm thinking that maybe the Nitor and Infernal Anvil might be a bit OP, or at least make metal working considerably less interesting, so maybe not implement those)

Nitor Pit:

An arcane construct, using a wand and some vis, made by placing a nitor block above a copper or black bronze sheet block.

This essentially acts as a firepit/forge, but will maintain a steady, fuel-less temperature of Hot***

Research also unlocks the Arcane Bellows, which can be placed around the Nitor Pit to increase its maintained temperature. The first bellows will increase the temperature to Very Hot, the second bellows will increase it to Very Hot****, the third to Faint Red***, and the fourth to Dark Red*

Nitor Anvil:

An upgrade to the Nitor Pit, using a copper or black bronze anvil instead of a sheet.

Has the same mechanics as the Nitor Pit, but has an anvil interface. Items in any slot will be maintained at the appropriate temperature.

Infernal bricks: Made in the same way as fire bricks, but with Salis Mortar instead of normal Mortar

Ignis Bricks: Made by arcane crafting infernal bricks with one or two fire shards

Infernal Forge:

An arcane construct, made with two rings of 8 Ignis bricks, an arcane bellows, and a lava source block. It might also require metal plates, though I'm not sure. If it does, it will likely be either Red Steel or a fire-infused Thaumlectrum plate. EDIT: Or, much more likely, it will require the vis of a Black Steel Wand.

Like the Nitor Pit, it will maintain a free, fuel-less temperature of Bright Red

Adding Ignis essentia or vis will cause items placed within the Forge, as well as the forge itself, to heat up at a faster rate, and also increase the temperature limit to Bright Red****. This ignis will be consumed over time.

Adding Alumentum will increase the maximum temperature to Brilliant White. The Alumentum will be consumed over time, and higher temperatures will require more alumentum to maintain then lesser ones. (using Ignis vis will cause the Alumentum to last longer then it would in a normal forge)

Infernal Anvil:

Same as the Nitor Anvil above, but with the mechanics of the Infernal Forge. Made in a similar way to the Infernal Forge, but with a Red Steel Anvil added.

As a drawback to the anvils, they will not have slots for ceramic molds, and also will either not accept anything that isn't made of metal, or heat non-metal things up so rapidly that it would be nearly impossible to use it in a practical manner.

Also, both the Infernal Forge and the Nitor Pit would be accepted as heat sources for the TFC Crucible.

Alchemy Changes:

Crafting 7 incalcinate clay in a u shape like a Crucible will make an Alchemical Crucible, which will act similarly to the Thaumcraft Crucible but uses Aqua Salis instead of water, and requires a firepit underneath it above a certain temperature. Melting items into aspects will also consume temperature, and will consume Aqua Salis at a rate of 1mb of Salis = 1 essentia

Also will add an arcane furnace, which has a tank within it for Aqua Salis and uses 1mb Aqua Salis per essentia, and additionally will use the temperature of a forge/firepit beneath it to melt items into essentia. Also will have a model that allows right-clicking the block underneath.

Will add an 'essentia scrubber', which converts 1 essentia into 1mb of Aqua Salis, producing flux goo and/or gas as a byproduct. Praecantatio essentia will produce considerably more flux goo/gas, and also has a chance to produce tainted mobs.

Edited by abculatter_2

Seems like an awesome idea if you can pull it off :D My two of my favorite mods in one game 

It would be great if you could pull this off! One thing i noticed though that seemed worth considering:

"Thaumium will be made in much the same way as it is in vanilla Thaumcraft, but can be made with either a Wrought Iron ingot or a Platinum ingot."

I hope you considered that iron needs the bloomery to be made, while platinum can be smelted in a crucible without the need of a bloomery. Thus even though being high tier, is lower down the techladder.

Seems like an awesome idea if you can pull it off  :D My two of my favorite mods in one game 

Well, 90% of the mod is just going to be adding and removing recipes, which from what I understand isn't especially difficult. I could even do it with ModTweaker if I really wanted, though unfortunately Modtweaker doesn't let you add new items, and doesn't have TFC support. It also doesn't have support for adding wand cores and wand caps.

It would be great if you could pull this off! One thing i noticed though that seemed worth considering:

"Thaumium will be made in much the same way as it is in vanilla Thaumcraft, but can be made with either a Wrought Iron ingot or a Platinum ingot."I hope you considered that iron needs the bloomery to be made, while platinum can be smelted in a crucible without the need of a bloomery. Thus even though being high tier, is lower down the techladder.

This was considered, and is made irrelevant by the fact that Thaumium is only workable in a wrought iron or above anvil, and thaumium ingots will, on their own, be largely useless. You'll have to be able to work the metal to make anything with it.

And a few new ideas, which are probably quite a ways out there but might as well put them here:

These will act as replacements for the Infernal Furnace, which will be disabled.

Nitor Pit:

An arcane construct, using a wand and some vis, made by placing a nitor block above a copper or black bronze sheet block.

This essentially acts as a firepit/forge, but will maintain a steady, fuel-less temperature of Hot***

Research also unlocks the Arcane Bellows, which can be placed around the Nitor Pit to increase its maintained temperature. The first bellows will increase the temperature to Very Hot, the second bellows will increase it to Very Hot****, the third to Faint Red***, and the fourth to Dark Red*

Nitor Anvil:

An upgrade to the Nitor Pit, using a copper or black bronze anvil instead of a sheet.

Has the same mechanics as the Nitor Pit, but has an anvil interface. Items in any slot will be maintained at the appropriate temperature.

Infernal bricks: Made in the same way as fire bricks, but with Salis Mortar instead of normal Mortar

Ignis Bricks: Made by arcane crafting infernal bricks with one or two fire shards

Infernal Forge:

An arcane construct, made with two rings of 8 Ignis bricks, an arcane bellows, and a lava source block. It might also require metal plates, though I'm not sure. If it does, it will likely be either Red Steel or a fire-infused Thaumlectrum plate. EDIT: Or, much more likely, it will require the vis of a Black Steel Wand.

Like the Nitor Pit, it will maintain a free, fuel-less temperature of Bright Red

Adding Ignis essentia or vis will cause items placed within the Forge, as well as the forge itself, to heat up at a faster rate, and also increase the temperature limit to Bright Red****. This ignis will be consumed over time.

Adding Alumentum will increase the maximum temperature to Brilliant White. The Alumentum will be consumed over time, and higher temperatures will require more alumentum to maintain then lesser ones. (using Ignis vis will cause the Alumentum to last longer then it would in a normal forge)

Infernal Anvil:

Same as the Nitor Anvil above, but with the mechanics of the Infernal Forge. Made in a similar way to the Infernal Forge, but with a Red Steel Anvil added.

As a drawback to the anvils, they will not have slots for ceramic molds, and also will either not accept anything that isn't made of metal, or heat non-metal things up so rapidly that it would be nearly impossible to use it in a practical manner.

Also, both the Infernal Forge and the Nitor Pit would be accepted as heat sources for the TFC Crucible.

My two absolute favourite mods...

Sounds megalomaniac.

Sounds awesome!

I started looking into TFC-Thaumcraft last week as well. Managed to get some of the worldgen working with a magic forest biome and silverwood. I'm currently trying to figure out how to trick thaumcraft code into believing it can work together with TFC, without me copying their code (which I won't do). I also believe I can get the trees to behave TFC-like with it chopping down all at once, and only with axes.

If you like, I can help you out with the mod. Put it on github and I'll collaborate with you :) Who knows, maybe I can learn you a trick or two with java :)

Sounds awesome!I started looking into TFC-Thaumcraft last week as well. Managed to get some of the worldgen working with a magic forest biome and silverwood. I'm currently trying to figure out how to trick thaumcraft code into believing it can work together with TFC, without me copying their code (which I won't do). I also believe I can get the trees to behave TFC-like with it chopping down all at once, and only with axes.If you like, I can help you out with the mod. Put it on github and I'll collaborate with you :) Who knows, maybe I can learn you a trick or two with java :)

Well, I'm currently following Pahimar's Let's Mod Reboot, so not much of interest yet, but here's a github I started: https://github.com/abculatter2/Praecantatio

Also, considering I've never actually programmed any complete projects in Java before, just did some tutorials and made some first-step modding attempts, I have a feeling it won't be hard to learn me a thing or two about Java. :P

I've also made a few complete Computercraft programs, so I'm not a TOTAL programming noob, but yeah.

EDIT: Also, I kinda figured the Thaumcraft worldgen would probably be buggy with TFC, which is one of the two reasons I chose to instead use pre-existing TFC stuff and say damn the worldgen. (The other being that it adds uses for the currently useless) It also feels more appropriate and integrated to TFC, rather then just something that's tacked-on.

Edited by abculatter_2

I got basic magic forest biome worldgen working now: Posted Image

It's a proper TFC biome with all TFC stones and oregen, decorated by TFC and treegen, nodegen and flowergen by Thaumcraft. All thaumcraft trees behave correctly with axes (cut whole tree), and the flowers generate near silverwoods. I haven't fixed saplings, so they don't grow as expected yet.

What I didn't think of when I started this is that forests in TFC are scary. Really scary. Magic forest? Really really scary. It's soo many monsters in there.7

When I get the code a bit more stable, I can create a pull request so you can check it out and include it in the mod if you want to.

Heheheee, I like the scariness, I might use it for something just because of that... Most likely though I'll just stick with replacing Thaumcraft worldgen with TFC worldgen.

What I would really like to know, though, is whether thaumcraft nodes can generate normally in TFC worlds? And does it handle special nodes such as those dungeons and obelisks well?

Nodes generate normally, but that's it. Dungeons, obelisks and all the rest doesn't generate. I'm trying to get everything to generate how it's supposed to, but it's quite hard work.

I would really like to see where you can get with this thing. I have been working on a  TFC-Thaumcraft based modpack using minetweaker, ever since I learned that Nodes generated properly in 1.7. As you might expect, it is a little rough around the edges. I am not an experienced coder, or I probably would have tried to do what you are doing a while back. Anyways, I have some ideas for what you could do with the pack, and some tips that I figured out.Suggestions:I also used TFC crystals to get shards, but I decided to make it so that you have to refine shards into balanced shards (in the crucible). I then made it so that balanced shards can be "unbalanced" by arranging them in various patterns in the arcane worktable. I think that your current idea would probably work better for a mod, but I think that it would be cool if diamonds could be made directly into balanced shards.I am not sure if you are already planning this, but magical metalworking (thaumiumworking etc.) should require vis to work the metals. Maybe add thaumium and voidmetal anvils?Not sure what your plans are for transmutation and ore-duplication. I ended up implementing transmutation similarly to Thaumcraft, but with a "Tier" system. (If you want to see the scripts, I will post them. I haven't tested the balance, and I balanced my pack to offer some shortcuts through TFC, but the system accounts for metal tiers) As for duplication, I made it possible to enrich poor and normal ores.One thing that I am really interested to know, is how do you plan to implement the pickaxe of the core? Will you split the functions, i.e. have a pickaxe of the core which mines richer ores and a ProPick of the core (please come up with a better name) that does the really cool ore-vision thing?I really like the wand cap system that you are planning, not so sure about the wand cores. I think the pitchblende thing is cool, and actually makes sense, but I think you should leave the silverwood and greatwood cores in the game. There is something intrinsically wrong, in my opinion, with metal wand cores. It just doesn't make since that you would have a metal wand, and metal wand caps, I guess.

Also, you said that you want to make the integration as seemless as possible. I recommend using vidaj's worldgen, as he seems to know what he is doing, and honestly, TFC worldgen is not innately magical enough to make sense as the setting for a magic mod.

I will probably suggest more things as they come to mind, but for now I have one final request: Make sure to keep your priorities straight with development. That is to say, creating functioning, and preferably tamable Taintacles should be your number one priority.Oh, and vidaj, if you are reading this, you should make the magical trees in the magical forests drop a different kind of wood.Advice/Notes

Enchantment Tables, along with, as you mentioned infusion enchanting both work fine, though sharpness and power are incredibly useless.In case it could effect your balance, Golems can work bellows.The arcane bore works beautifully, aside from a quirky bug where it harvests the wrong type of rock. i.e. granite might drop rock salt. I am not sure what the heck is up with that, but it is certainly odd.

Greatwood trees spawn normally, but the cave spider ones spawn normal cave spiders, not TFC ones. (I am not sure there are TFC ones, actually)TFC has a lot of unused mobs from vanilla, for example TFC Blazes, Pigmen and Ghasts.Nether generation is fine, except for the wither skellies and blazes being Non-TFC versions. My MT based conversion introduces a Crimson Cult tab to the thaumonomicon, through which I added a recipe for obsidian.The Outerlands don't work at all. Even if you cheat in a portal, it doesn't work. I am not sure why, but probably TFC's fault. 

Thanks for taking the time to read all of the way through to this message. My apologies for my verbosity, but I am really excited about this, and I can't wait to see what comes of this. In fact, if this mod indeed comes to full term, I will even cease to be annoyed that I spent so much time on my minetweaker scripts. Also, if you want any help I may not know Java, but if you want someone to bounce ideas off of, or someone to make textures, or write MineTweaker scripts, I am willing to collaborate.

Edited by Therighthon

Therighthon, I went on a bit of a minecraft playing splurge the last day or two, but your post has really motivated me to start on this again. Thanks for the ideas and constructive criticism. :P

As for the specific points...

The shards coming from gemstones just seems kinda obvious, really, given that gemstone have been seen as magical in real life sometimes. I've also considered the making diamonds directly into balanced shards, which is something I have been a little 'meh' about, since the advantage of them being a more easily found source of every shard, as opposed to the random drops of gems from stone and sluices (do sluices still drop gems?) seemed like a big enough advantage to make them worthwhile. However, giving it a bit of thought, I do have some plans for alchemy which might make that addition more of a convenience then anything. (doubling the amount of salis aqua per salis mundus, and making it replace water in an arcane crucible at one mb of salis aqua = 1 essentia. Obviously, this would also mean adding an arcane crafting recipe for balanced shards, so you can get them to start alchemy. Also adding my own versions of the arcane crucible and arcane furnace to facilitate this as well as integrate the whole process into the TFC theme IE making them have temperatures you have to maintain for calcification and alchemical binding. And finally adding an 'essentia scrubber' to convert essentia back into salis aqua losslessly, at the cost of spewing out flux goo and gas)

I like the idea of magical metal working using vis, though at the same time I think the anvil smithing mechanic is more interesting then arcane crafting and infusion, and adding my own mini-game to replace arcane crafting DID cross my mind, and it's not off the table, but honestly I think I'm already being ambitious with what I've already stated, considering I have essentially zero coding experience. Personally, I'd rather just use a system that works well and already exists, then just add my own similar system simply because I think it would be cool. (Note that I do have justification for the above alchemy changes, mainly being that I feel that simply using water for calcification seems really odd in the TFC setting, and also to add a theme of 'I'm exploiting resources from another dimension to do impossible things in this one')

I also do have a few plans for convenience arcane crafting recipes for making metallurgy a little easier at the cost of vis, (mainly just combining ingots) and I suppose I could add something for 'improving' toolheads as you craft the tool. But I'll have to think on it a bit. Maybe it could be that, if you do a poor job on smithing, you can make it a little less poor by using vis?

My plans for transmutation is simply to make ingots be equivalent to 8 metallum and 4 secondary aspects each, adding some chisel/arcane crafting recipes to turn ingots into fourths and eighths (which I'm actually debating on, given that you can basically accomplish the same thing with just ingots), and add 4 permutatio to the recipe. (Which I plan to add to flux) So not too much different from vanilla, really, though that above mentioned alchemy change will make it a little more expensive... Though, considering excavation foci, arcane bores, and repair enchants, I feel that mining out huge amounts of stone and getting lots and lots of gems/shards won't to too much of a problem, provided the player makes a bit of progress.

As for my decision to go with TFC worldgen instead of silverwoods/greatwoods, it's mainly because I feel that it is a bit of wasted effort, considering we already have materials in TFC that have no or little use currently. For example, when I first conceived of this mod,  was planning on making it automatically readd petrified wood, and using that instead of jet for wand cores, since it fit with the Thaumcraft theme of wood for wand cores and also added something interesting to go prospecting for. However, when I found out that jet is already on in the default configs, it really seems like it would essentially amount to the same thing just with a different name and wouldn't require people to regenerate their worlds in order to get. Plus, when I found out that jet is actually a form of fossilized wood, that pretty much sold me. :P

As for the use of metal for wand cores (Which I assume you mean the use of Black Steel for silverwood-tier wand cores) I actually kinda agree with this. However, I'm not really sure what else to use... I did think of just infusioning a jet wand core with all of the shards, but then again getting all of the different shard types with the above doesn't really seem like it would be much harder then finding jet, anyway, so I scrapped that idea. I arrived at black steel mainly because it's black and jet is black and so is voidmetal, and it's relatively difficult to get, requiring progressing through pretty much the entire TFC tech tree as it stands right now. So it would add some interesting progression to the wand system, though I do agree it's not really entirely thematically approprate. I suppose I could explain it away as the vis storage actually coming from all the shards you infuse into it, and black steel just being special in that it is unusually good at absorbing infusion energies?

I also do kinda disagree with TFC worldgen not being magical enough, but at the same time I also kinda address this with the above theme of having vis play a part in every aspect of thaumaturgy, so as to add a sense that you're not so much using magical elements already in the world, but rather importing magic from elsewhere, through the use of nodes.

As for the advice/notes section, I had no plans of integrating the two vanilla dimensions, and considering that I plan on keeping arcane bellows and using them in infinitely fueled magical forges and firepits, I don't really see golems automating mundane bellows to really be affecting balance that much. Which, actually kinda makes me question the balance of the aforementioned forges/firepits... I'll have to make sure I make those suitably expensive.

Oh, and obviously the lack of mention of my plans for tamed Taintacles was a massive oversight. They will, of course, be a huge part of the mod.

PREDIT: Oh, and honestly I haven't really given the arcane tools much thought. I kinda dislike the idea of the pickaxe of the core just telling you where the ores are, though, which I feel would invalidate the currently very fun minigame of the propick... Though, then again, I don't really use the pickaxe of the core much. Maybe the feature has a small enough range that it's not a big deal?

Also, my plans for ore improvement is to just remove the metallum requirement, and replacement it with permutatio and make the recipe accept either poor or normal ore and just upgrade it into rich ore.

Also, thank you for the offer, but I'm capable of making my own art assets. It is nice to be able to discuss ideas before I spend time implementing them, though.

Edited by abculatter_2

If you pull this off you earn a gold star and my complete respect! And maybe the title of ultra modder and some imaginary pi!

Also maybe an propick of the core, if you have a high enough skill and you find an ore it will tell you where another piece(s) are at it would be made by getting two picks of the core and two ignis gems and maybe a thaumium propick?

Finally a arcane anvil, its like the infusion altar but in an anvil form, it can take aspects and make special caps in there but basic caps can be made in a regular anvil

Edited by KyleMan

There is one thing i see in a cheaty thing. Wand focus of equal trade. If you find an ore vane you can select dirt to switch it with, i dont know if this gives the item or what, might be a thing to consider

The Outerlands don't work at all. Even if you cheat in a portal, it doesn't work. I am not sure why, but probably TFC's fault.

It has something to do with preloading of the obelisks for everytime thaumcraft generates a obelisk it generates a dungeon for that spot. so if no Obelisks no mazes, but it would be a cool concept for an underground ruin thing

First off, careful on the triple post, KyleMan.Abuclatter, the pickaxe of the core I believe has a smaller range than a TFC propick, but it also is much easier to use, as it just highlights the ore, almost as if it where a node. I think it would be a cool late-game item, but it mightn't work well in TFC.I definitely like the idea of something replacing the arcane worktable, but I wouldn't make it a priority.As for the transmutation thing, one thing that you could consider, is having different tiers of metal have different amounts of metallum. Then, to transmute the metal, you just require the amount and type of essentia possessed in each ingot. This is what my MT script looked like. I would suggest turning up the amounts of essentia, so that you can afford to give ore some metallum. I still debate whether or not iron should be creatable through transmutation. Maybe you could have transmutation into iron create a bloom instead of a finished ingot? Also, I personally think it would be better if you just duplicated the ingots, rather than breaking them into pieces first.mods.thaumcraft.Aspects.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.Copper Ingot>, "metallum 2, permutatio 2");mods.thaumcraft.Aspects.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.Zinc Ingot>, "metallum 2, pannus 2");mods.thaumcraft.Aspects.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.Bismuth Ingot>, "metallum 2, gelum 2");mods.thaumcraft.Aspects.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.Tin Ingot>, "metallum 2, vitreus 2");mods.thaumcraft.Aspects.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.Lead Ingot>, "metallum 4, venenum 2");mods.thaumcraft.Aspects.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.Gold Ingot>, "metallum 4, lucrum 2");mods.thaumcraft.Aspects.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.Silver Ingot>, "metallum 4, lux 2");mods.thaumcraft.Aspects.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.Platinum Ingot>, "metallum 6, ordo 2");mods.thaumcraft.Aspects.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.Nickel Ingot>, "metallum 6, alienis 2");mods.thaumcraft.Aspects.add(<terrafirmacraft:item.Wrought Iron Ingot>, "metallum 8");Oh, and I just thought of a second option. You could make it so that you can only transmute the raw ores, which would solve the bloomery balance issue.Also, I do see your point with the black steel wand. Maybe you should turn on petrified wood generation, and use that for a wand core? You could add various things to the recipe so that you would have to have black steel first, but I think you should try not to over-bind TC to TFC's metal progression. If there is something TFC needs, in my opinion, it is more options.Oh, and will giant taintacles be preserved? Or will you just add a size gene to taintacles, similar to how TFC animals have different adult sizes? That said, Taintacle breeding is not a well studied occurence. I would guess that they are related to fungi though, taint biomes being fairly similar to mycelium...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0