Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loki93

Minecart idea

13 posts in this topic

i have a suggestion about minecarts:

making minecarts to be able to drop what they have in, you could make a special rail that when a minecart stops completely on it it makes all that was inside the cart get ejected into a direction decided right clicking o the rail, so you could easily fill up a cart with charcoal and ore and send it to dump it all into a bloomery.

Download Railcraft right now.

does railcraft work with this?

aww

i prefer redpower anyway. I'm *working* on a compatibility patch with a friend right now. It should be done in about a year as my schedule looks something like this:

learn more java (specifically netcode)

figure out how MCP works

understand modloader a little better

write patch

so don't expect anything soon

aww

i prefer redpower anyway. I'm *working* on a compatibility patch with a friend right now. It should be done in about a year as my schedule looks something like this:

learn more java (specifically netcode)

figure out how MCP works

understand modloader a little better

write patch

so don't expect anything soon

--- Sorry, offtopic ---

If you have any superior resources to learn java, do me a favor and threw a few links my way :)

--- offtopic end ---

I think before we talk a lot about minecarts, we should wait for bioxx to come to a conclusion about redstone and power, because obviously minecarts heavily depend on that.

Btw: I think booster rails are pretty hilarious but not really realistic. What about actual mine trains... sorry, not sure what to call them (German). Those little things that drive in mines and use coal.

/me prefers to program in C (and as of late, C# since it's better than the JS that Unity uses heh).

[end pointless sidetrack]

Railcraft will work with this mod, if you can get all the Block IDs right, but you would not be able to craft the items legit in a survival game

-back to offtopic-

My best resource for learning java is an older friend of mine (programmer :))

That and codingbat.com for practice

-back to topic-

Railcraft could work if you turned on compatibility recipes.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

WHAT?! Well, I guess I'll do it in a post: Thank you Peffern, I guess I'll need to find me a teacher then as well ;-)

/me likes Peffern's last post

ok thx lol. However I agree. A lot of what made transition to steampowered age etc. was machines doing work. And that means item transportation. With tfc growing the way it is, we may need automation. Also, I find railcraft relatively useless without the rest of the techmods, and buildcraft/redpower makes it relatively useless, so I would like to see the minecart system get some love in TFC.

As I see it now, a minecart will be a massive investment in the current TFC tech/resource model. I'm sure whatever Bioxx has planned for them, they will be very useful.

As I see it now, a minecart will be a massive investment in the current TFC tech/resource model. I'm sure whatever Bioxx has planned for them, they will be very useful.

The current temporary recipes are fairly high yield, but it was probably made that way to make people stop whining about transportation (myself included among them). I definitely foresee some nerfing when he gets back to it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0