Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Nameless Name

Animals Tamed or Untamed

17 posts in this topic

So, this is my first topic post so I am Kind of weary about it. The idea that I propose is such that involves animals and some sort of trust factor. In vanilla minecraft, you give a dog a bone, It loves you for life. I believe that you should be required to feed your pets to keep them alive. If you feed a dog a bone, you can only TAME it. It still shouldn't trust you. You have to gain its trust via its wants and needs. I also think that it should expand this idea to all non-hostile animals. Hurting the animal degrades the trust factor, feeding them not only keeps them alive, but happy as well. Also, a way to give the pets water, like taking them to a lake or feeding them with a bowl. The minecrafter should require water as well. I hope you like my first Suggestion! :)

I also think that the animal should run away from you if it is not tame.

The trust idea is interesting I like it. Also most the rest of your ideas were confirmed by dunk.

The trust idea is interesting I like it. Also most the rest of your ideas were confirmed by dunk.

OK sorry. Where did dunk confirm my other ideas?

Don't worry about it we are here to have ideas and you got a good idea, although you did comment on that page so i don't know how didn't see it. But anyways good job and keep up the good work.

I just love this idea. I would like to add that farm animal should need to be fed.

Since Terrafirmacraft is about realism what about adding a hunger bar to any domesticated animal? The idea is that to make an animal farm you should have to feed them or they would despawn. That would make a lot more sense. Their hunger bar should last a few days so is not like they would die just because you skip a day.

I guess I forgot to mention that I already implemented that. Animals will have to eat in the wild too, which means wolves eating herbivores and herbivores eating grass. If you don't feed them, they die, but herbivores drop less meat when they starve to death. I think the starve timer is something like a minecraft week?

whoops... I guess I dont have a good memory. Thanks, I didnt think this idea was very goo but its the only idea I had that I didnt see posted...

Taming is staying the same for the next little while. In the future, wolf cubs will follow their mother around. If they can't find their mother for a certain period of time (and are young enough) they will search for a surrogate mother. If you become that surrogate and feed it, it will learn to trust you and consider you part of it's "pack". Being the leader of it's pack, it will obey commands such as staying and will hunt and follow you. Neglecting to feed your wolf will cause it to starve (although not dying, it will become angry at you, less obedient and will be weaker when fighting)

Anyone who has posted on this topic, read my signiture... i'm sorry...

Anyone who has posted on this topic, read my signiture... i'm sorry...

calm down bro. I like your ideas. Keep 'em coming, even if you have to pm me.

It's not just this topic, on every topic I posted, the topic was already posted.... on everything that happened that I posted had already been said/ done/ both... I know it's a little far-fetched but ...

A man can only take so many insults until he breaks, only then do the true and thoughtful ones assist, those that assist him even in his darkest hour, where everyone's hope including his, has been abandoned and crushed into a dark fire of hatred. Only then do heroes like you rise.

There is no such thing as an original idea. So your bound to suggest things that are similar or the same as others, best way is to read through old threads and make sure your not making a new topic on stuff covered in those. I wouldnt apologize to other people for them getting mad at stuff you post, ignore them, they just didn't get hugged enough as children. :P

Just keep playing man.

You're bound to run across a problem no one else has yet, and then you just think up a solution and post it here.

Cake.

From the perspective of someone who hunts, this would add to the realism factor of the world. Many animals "learn" to live with humans, as can be seen with animals in urban environments. Those that live in area's where they are hunted, on the other hand, fear people and will bolt if they catch your scent. This would make for an interesting dynamic with the AI. The biggest problem I can see is that it would be difficult to manage on a server. Also, it is a shame you mentioned the thirst dynamic for the player as an afterthought, as I am very interested in pursuing that as a topic.

I didn't mean to make you feel bad, I apologize it honestly makes a lot of sense, the trust part. That is a very original idea and a dang good one at that. I hope you will continue to post them cause we need all new ideas if we are going to make this mod great.

@Jed1314 You mean you wanted to stark a new topic about it? If there isn't one already I don't see why you shouldn't.

@bsb23 No worries, even though there are allot of people criticizing me I think I'll be fine.

@EternalUndeath What's wrong with cake? Anyways how come eggs don't spawn chickens anymore?

@EternalUndeath What's wrong with cake? Anyways how come eggs don't spawn chickens anymore?

Lol well I meant 'piece of cake', as in 'simple'.

And they don't do that because Bioxx removed that mechanic

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0