Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

Combat Overhaul cont. (2/3)

118 posts in this topic

Yeah I started randomly color marking parts of the skin to see what the face's orientation was (top didn't always mean up), which meant Left was rotated roughly 90 or so degrees. So some parts of the skin I had to paint sideways.

Buckler Crafting (wood):

Posted Image

Heater Crafting (wood):

Posted Image

Tower Crafting (wood):

Posted Image

Bastard Sword Crafting:

Posted Image

Warhammer Crafting:

Posted Image

Spear Crafting:

Posted Image

Block Bar: This one is particularly bad, sorry guys :S

Posted Image

k honestly do we really need 3 kinds of sheilds? i think this would just overly complicate stuff

k honestly do we really need 3 kinds of sheilds? i think this would just overly complicate stuff

different shields would have different purposes, especially if armour weight slows your character. It would all be about customization and matching your gear to your preferred fighting style.

good idea on the different weapons, but if i start thinking a bit more medieval-style i can't help but notice that you should have 3 types of weapons, not just cutting and blunt, perforating/piercing weapons are quite important too. a sword is good vs leather armor (cutting) a mace or other blunt weapon is good vs heavy (plate) armor and perforating weapons are especially useful against chainmail armor

seeing as how you have 3 types of shields, 3 types of armor could work perfectly with the shields, giving each type of armor it's own 'best option' for a shield same with weapons, each weapon would be more or less effective to certain types of armor.

i know it would complicate things a bit more but well, just thought i'd vent my comment and see what others think of it ^^

oh and @dunkleosteus : i think it's even necessary to make armor slow down you char, after all archers should rely on their speed and agility to get away from heavy armored peeps and having a plate armor wearing archer would be quite weird xP

if armor wouldn't slow you down then everyone will just be wearing the heaviest armor possible (even though blunt weapons might counter it)

anyways, looking forward to your work on the animal and can't wait to see some changes in the weaponry/armor and overall combat systems ^^

good idea on the different weapons, but if i start thinking a bit more medieval-style i can't help but notice that you should have 3 types of weapons, not just cutting and blunt, perforating/piercing weapons are quite important too. a sword is good vs leather armor (cutting) a mace or other blunt weapon is good vs heavy (plate) armor and perforating weapons are especially useful against chainmail armor

seeing as how you have 3 types of shields, 3 types of armor could work perfectly with the shields, giving each type of armor it's own 'best option' for a shield same with weapons, each weapon would be more or less effective to certain types of armor.

i know it would complicate things a bit more but well, just thought i'd vent my comment and see what others think of it ^^

oh and @dunkleosteus : i think it's even necessary to make armor slow down you char, after all archers should rely on their speed and agility to get away from heavy armored peeps and having a plate armor wearing archer would be quite weird xP

if armor wouldn't slow you down then everyone will just be wearing the heaviest armor possible (even though blunt weapons might counter it)

anyways, looking forward to your work on the animal and can't wait to see some changes in the weaponry/armor and overall combat systems ^^

shields could only be good against different attacks if they were made of different materials.

And slowing you down is already planned.

different shields would have different purposes, especially if armour weight slows your character. It would all be about customization and matching your gear to your preferred fighting style.

but still, you no matter how much you try to change the combat system, it's still minecraft, so its kinda gonna be meh

but still, you no matter how much you try to change the combat system, it's still minecraft, so its kinda gonna be meh

your opinion disheartens me, you have no faith in my abilities.

(watch me try hard and it turns out like crap though >_>)

Awwww, we know you can do it buddy

Are you gonna fix attempt to fix the spamming problem or are we just going to leave it alone for now?

its not you i doubt, its minecraft, cuz i have already lost all hope for vanilla -cough- jeb -cough-

Well i support the new shields, especially being able to customize my fighting style, however i would like to know if the hitting distance is changeable per item (ie the dagger would not reach as far as the spear) because if it isn't changeable effects and asthetics are the only things that would really matter, you know?

Well i support the new shields, especially being able to customize my fighting style, however i would like to know if the hitting distance is changeable per item (ie the dagger would not reach as far as the spear) because if it isn't changeable effects and asthetics are the only things that would really matter, you know?

I'm temped to go with the "The Aether mod has a tool that extents your range" argument, but as Eternal once said, the mod maker probably took very long time to add this feature to the mod, so i will just say, it's possible but probably hard :

Even in that way, it's worth it.

EDIT: oh, and also -i think it is mentioned in the OP, but i'm lazy to look it up xD- different weapons deal different damage, reduce different amounts from the stamina bar, and have -or should have, if this isn't in the first post- different hit rates. So, in fact, it can become a need to think about your equipment and way to use it while in a fight, either PvTFC mobs or PvP

I'm temped to go with the "The Aether mod has a tool that extents your range" argument, but as Eternal once said, the mod maker probably took very long time to add this feature to the mod, so i will just say, it's possible but probably hard :

Even in that way, it's worth it.

EDIT: oh, and also -i think it is mentioned in the OP, but i'm lazy to look it up xD- different weapons deal different damage, reduce different amounts from the stamina bar, and have -or should have, if this isn't in the first post- different hit rates. So, in fact, it can become a need to think about your equipment and way to use it while in a fight, either PvTFC mobs or PvP

Yes, this is all going to be part of combat. You will have to think hard about what you're doing, but this all comes back to organic coding. I'm not going to be making things up, so flinging a mace around is going to make your arm more tired than a sword, and will deal damage that is better against breakable things, so skeletons will fall before your mighty mace, but if you hit a slime, it probably wouldn't even notice.

I'm making things realistic/believable, and your fighting style will change as a consequence.

so skeletons will fall before your mighty mace, but if you hit a slime, it probably wouldn't even notice.

Oh, they sure wouldn't notice, but i was thinking that, when a slime is hit with the hammer/blunt weapon of your choice, you could notice some kind of "shock waves" going around it's outer side, hitting themselves at the opposite side where you hitted, then the wave coming back and hitting the mace if it is still there, dealing damage to you. All this in matter of seconds. Now, that would be awesome.

Yes, this is all going to be part of combat. You will have to think hard about what you're doing, but this all comes back to organic coding. I'm not going to be making things up, so flinging a mace around is going to make your arm more tired than a sword, and will deal damage that is better against breakable things, so skeletons will fall before your mighty mace, but if you hit a slime, it probably wouldn't even notice.

I'm making things realistic/believable, and your fighting style will change as a consequence.

Slimes should deal 2x damage to weapons and armor dude

Slimes should deal 2x damage to weapons and armor dude

I don't know if they're made out of poison though. I know they kinda are in D&D, but I don't know if that's what we want.

I don't know if they're made out of poison though. I know they kinda are in D&D, but I don't know if that's what we want.

Sorry man, but I read that as 'poison deals damage to objects', and just...

...No.

Perhaps you meant to say acid? Since D&D slimes are very acidic?

Sorry man, but I read that as 'poison deals damage to objects', and just...

...No.

Perhaps you meant to say acid? Since D&D slimes are very acidic?

oops yes I did mean acid... (why did i say poison?)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ahhh, gelatinous cubes... Nasty lil bastards, they are. Had a whole party walk smack into one once cuz they thought it was some sort of magic force field

Ahhh, gelatinous cubes... Nasty lil bastards, they are. Had a whole party walk smack into one once cuz they thought it was some sort of magic force field

. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘â€. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-â€. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . â€:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:â€. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . â€~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .â€=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~â€; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .â€=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /†. . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-â€

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . /

. . . . . . `~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,__. . . `,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

They seriously thought it was a forcefield? oh god, was it a TPK?

. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘â€. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-â€. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . â€:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:â€. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . â€~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .â€=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~â€; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .â€=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /†. . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-â€

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . /

. . . . . . `~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,__. . . `,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

They seriously thought it was a forcefield? oh god, was it a TPK?

I didn't even have to get out the char sheet for the Cleric of Nerull. We just wrote it off to them having a weird conjoined dream, they never got the loot from that dungeon as punishment and as a balancing device, and it spun into a whole dream-related conspiracy about some wizard or other, I forget the rest

Fuckin memories, man

I didn't even have to get out the char sheet for the Cleric of Nerull. We just wrote it off to them having a weird conjoined dream, they never got the loot from that dungeon as punishment and as a balancing device, and it spun into a whole dream-related conspiracy about some wizard or other, I forget the rest

Fuckin memories, man

Holy shit, man, that's... epicly depressing? Depressingly epic? I don't know which... At my college, we have quite a few gamers that organize a gaming group for several systems. I was in a D20 modern campaign a while back, and due to one thing and another, whenever we got seperated, or needed to meet to discuss stuff in character, instead of a bar, we'd all meet up at whatever Denny's we could find. It lead to hilarity on more than one occasion.

Holy shit, man, that's... epicly depressing? Depressingly epic? I don't know which... At my college, we have quite a few gamers that organize a gaming group for several systems. I was in a D20 modern campaign a while back, and due to one thing and another, whenever we got seperated, or needed to meet to discuss stuff in character, instead of a bar, we'd all meet up at whatever Denny's we could find. It lead to hilarity on more than one occasion.

lol, d20 modern...

whenever I felt the need to RP in a modern setting, I'd usually pick up a whitewolf somethingorother.

Usually Vampire: the Masquerade

Played a Daeva once that thought he was Lestat. It was specifically made very very unclear whether or not he actually was, or was just nuts and only thought so

lol, d20 modern...

whenever I felt the need to RP in a modern setting, I'd usually pick up a whitewolf somethingorother.

Usually Vampire: the Masquerade

Played a Daeva once that thought he was Lestat. It was specifically made very very unclear whether or not he actually was, or was just nuts and only thought so

I think we lost our VtM gm... But we have some really awesome people gming some really epic systems. It's sad that the gm who did an annual "Giant Robot" game graduated... :'( *sniff* But the guys we have GMing are really creative and come up with some really wierd and fun things for people to play,