Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
abandoned mines

larger mountian valleys and glaciers (the great white mountains call to you)

19 posts in this topic

this was a simple yet interesting idea that could create a better looking mountainous region.

hi there

i lve in a fairly remote area of canada (even by most standards) and have a back door view to some of the coolest mountains in north America

i live within what was once a massive glacial out flow, which over the millennium has eroded into a perfect bowled river valley.

looming above this valley is Hudson's bay mountain, a massive chunk of rock that was shaped by massive glaciers.

Posted Image

i dare you to have a better view

the large mountain is hudsons bay mountain and below it are the fresh and free waters of the pristine Bulkley river

rich in salmon and trout :) and good gold panning

here is my idea

within larger or higher mountain biomes, you may be able to find glaciers, which created large bowled valleys and leave you with good flat land and sometimes a surface river.

Posted Image

glaciers may spawn near the oceans or lakes as well, though these would be many times larger and may on occasion chunks could break off and fall into the sea or lake.

Posted Image

this is how i envision glaciers could create neat landscapes :)

i am open to more ideas :)

So are you suggesting new biomes or have the glaciers and mountains be structures like RP2s volcanos?

So are you suggesting new biomes or have the glaciers and mountains be structures like RP2s volcanos?

i would like to see them as a biome within larger and taller than normal mountain ranges, ie regular spawning mountains don t have them but when a large regular mountain spawns, you have a good chance of finding a glacier on or near it.

Merge with Extra Biomes XL = Mind Blown. Or we could recreate it even better. But yeah glaciers and large mountains could be fun, although what use they be besides aesthetic and ice?

Merge with Extra Biomes XL = Mind Blown. Or we could recreate it even better. But yeah glaciers and large mountains could be fun, although what use they be besides aesthetic and ice?

glaciers in irl are a good location to see just whats on the inside of a mountain due to how powerful a force that 1 million tonnes of ice, rock, dirt and gravel is to natural rock. most glaciers expand and shrink with the seasons = larger in winter and smaller in summer

the glacier could create small pools of finite water

the glacier could "carve" out areas on mountains allowing a peak at the core of a mountain or to see small pockets of ores

gold panning near a glacier would give the best results for gold / gems as the minerals have been dumped out into the gravels left by the glacier

larger mountains would be basically the same as the current ones (just wider and taller with more valleys and gulches.

if enough of the glacier melts away (ie the glacier has become depleted) small streams of finite water may flow from the glacial valley and could form a lake

some forms of fish could only survive in cold water from glaciers (ie trout and salmon)

I just want to start by saying you really do live in a beautiful place ! (it reminds me of my home country, albeit the mountians here are much smaller :P)

I love this idea ! I really think that adding things such as glaciers etc. would really create a great range of diverse looking, exciting to explore landscapes :)

Would you add crevasses to the glaciers ? This would add an element of danger and exploration as you could explore them (and no doubt they would be dark and ethereal and filled with monsters :P It sounds magical :D *swoon*

Loving the idea of combing TFC with ExtraBiomesXL... That would be such a great combo... Also covered with snow mountains.

I just want to start by saying you really do live in a beautiful place ! (it reminds me of my home country, albeit the mountians here are much smaller :P)

I love this idea ! I really think that adding things such as glaciers etc. would really create a great range of diverse looking, exciting to explore landscapes :)

Would you add crevasses to the glaciers ? This would add an element of danger and exploration as you could explore them (and no doubt they would be dark and ethereal and filled with monsters :P It sounds magical :D *swoon*

i agree there would be small ravines within glaciers, now i have to think up some more ideas for adding to glacial valleys. perhaps that "air" around and below a glacier is ultra cold, that could effect some aspects of exploration. perhaps you would need a down jacket or parka to explore them?

i agree there would be small ravines within glaciers, now i have to think up some more ideas for adding to glacial valleys. perhaps that "air" around and below a glacier is ultra cold, that could effect some aspects of exploration. perhaps you would need a down jacket or parka to explore them?

This ties in with the temperature section in my suggestion thread for increased difficulty (shameless self promotion ?)

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1042-hardcore-mode/

I think the staff are implementing temperature of the atmosphere and clothing anyways :)

This ties in with the temperature section in my suggestion thread for increased difficulty (shameless self promotion ?)

http://terrafirmacra...-hardcore-mode/

I think the staff are implementing temperature of the atmosphere and clothing anyways :)

interesting.

:)

Yes.

Yes.

ExtraBiomesXL style biomes...

I loved that mod.

PLEASE BIOXX, DO IT!!!!

Yes.

Yes.

ExtraBiomesXL style biomes...

I loved that mod.

PLEASE BIOXX, DO IT!!!!

and yes BIOXX PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get this and extrabiomes together, both mods are incredible :D

... Tfcraft...

...and ExtrabiomesXL...

...together?...

Posted Image

MUST HAPPEN

Aside jokes, i'd love the idea :3 it's the perfect combination...

Although, i have seen some images of ExtrabiomesXL, and i wanna ask... those glowing flowers really exist in the mod? 'cause they would be a good replacement for torches when you're a bit short in sticks.

... Tfcraft...

...and ExtrabiomesXL...

...together?...

Posted Image

MUST HAPPEN

Aside jokes, i'd love the idea :3 it's the perfect combination...

Although, i have seen some images of ExtrabiomesXL, and i wanna ask... those glowing flowers really exist in the mod? 'cause they would be a good replacement for torches when you're a bit short in sticks.

someone contact bioxx and ask him to inquire Mr. Fiber if he would like to join in on making the two mods work together please :)

Dude, I REALLY love your idea, and I wish we could do it, but we can't :(. The international definition of a mountain is one which is 1000 metres, base to peak in height. Unfortunately, minecraft is quite limited, and while we COULD extend the world so that there would be that many blocks (currently, as you must know, there are 256 metres from the bottom to the top of the world) it would be too much for most processors and would lag the game far too much. TFC already loads chunks more slowly than original minecraft because we use the sky half of the world for blocks.

Dude, I REALLY love your idea, and I wish we could do it, but we can't :(. The international definition of a mountain is one which is 1000 metres, base to peak in height. Unfortunately, minecraft is quite limited, and while we COULD extend the world so that there would be that many blocks (currently, as you must know, there are 256 metres from the bottom to the top of the world) it would be too much for most processors and would lag the game far too much. TFC already loads chunks more slowly than original minecraft because we use the sky half of the world for blocks.

So who says we need the international definition?

TFC already generates some damn impressive terrain.

Posted Image

Not Everest certainly, but I would NOT call that just a hill.

Come on dude, snow capped mountains and glaciers. Would be totally boss.

all i suggested were small tweaks to mountain height and shape, allowing glaciers to look correct when spawned on a mountain. the idea was not to really make them taller, but wider and more naturally shaped, creating long wide valleys and some taller peaks with small ice packs or glaciers within and above the valley its self. i don t think that would cause to much world lag or stress to peoples computers

though i could be wrong.

I really love the glaciers idea. :D

Some places with just ice into water, maybe some icebergs; other places that used to be some island, but got covered into snow and lots os ice... A real ice desert. Not just a taiga. A place with snow. And snow. And snow. And ice near ocean/water.

And I want a seal or walrus mob. Tameable. Please. *-*

Posted Image

i am thinking that could be a polar biome, though you can see seals and walruses near stewert bc, which has a fairly large ice sheet coming down the mountains. :)