Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryuugumo

Tamable Bear Mount

21 posts in this topic

Title says it all.

Overpowered doesn't even begin to describe .....

Edit: Woo, 200 posts :D

Because when i think TFC, I think spearmen riding bears.

Because when i think, I think spearmen riding bears.

Fixed :D

Because when i think TFC, I think spearmen riding bears.

Throw in some Red Steel Armor and it's EPIC!!!

Throw in some Red Steel Armor and it's EPIC!!!

My first thought would be the bear mounts from Narnia, the second would be the polar bears from the golden compass.

My first thought would be orcish bear raiders. BTW, if they put this in I'm totally changing my skin.

I am sincerely not against this as long as they're prohibitively expensive to upkeep compared to ponies, camels, and whatever other pack animals we might get. If we get them. :U

I am sincerely not against this as long as they're prohibitively expensive to upkeep compared to ponies, camels, and whatever other pack animals we might get. If we get them. :U

I can get on board with that. They would need to be useful in combat to make up for the prohibitive expense though :P

i know when im tired of walking to the store or driving the car to work. I just jump on the old polar bear .....

Well seeing as we don't have any mounts yet (other than that stupid pig that never listens) this would be awesome. No real need to make it expensive if it doesn't attack. So it should be something like "if enity_BearSaddle=1 then enity_BearAttack=0" . (Disclaimer: that is not real code so don't bother me with "lol noob the line should be ...") If you let them keep their attacks it might be hard to control them because they're trying to attack and you're trying to run.

-snip-

OMG XDDDDD I cried from so much laughing

Whatever... i don't really know if you can tame bears. I mean, they are wild animals which eat anything, including you... how the f+ck you convice them to not only let you riding them, but also not lunching you?

Maybe if you constantly feed them from a distance, they will begin to trust you and become tamed. You have to constantly feed them, they would in winter become untamed and go to sleep, and if you didn't feed them, they would become untamed, get angry and attack you. The same if you dare to attack them first.

anyways, i dare anyone here to go to a forest, mount a bear, take a picture and get back here to post it... xDD

Look up 4 posts mate.

getting a bad redirect error

y, you tried posting the same pic? lol

getting a bad redirect error

y, you tried posting the same pic? lol

It's the same picture without the demotivational border.

Kidnapping a bear cub, getting away with it and raising it as your own would be a good way to get a bear mount. Taming a grown bear seems a little excessive.

I don't know guys. It seems like it could be cool, but could be abused on servers. Bears currently have a lot of their own AI and I'm trying to think of a way I could implement this. I hadn't considered this, and it's currently not at the top of the list, but all of your support has put it ON the list, so I'll see if I can do this later.

Posted Image Traded in my polar bear for a Grizzly...40 Mpg....

I don't know guys. It seems like it could be cool, but could be abused on servers. Bears currently have a lot of their own AI and I'm trying to think of a way I could implement this. I hadn't considered this, and it's currently not at the top of the list, but all of your support has put it ON the list, so I'll see if I can do this later.

I'd much rather more important stuff was developed first, this is a icing on the cake kind of thing :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0