Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Jed1314

The Wailing (1/2) An alien new realm

108 posts in this topic

I am quite sure he refers to explosive properties of certain metals during the game as suggested in this thread, which would allow their use as TNT even when one wants little to do with the dimension itself.Other than that I like the ideas of big, big creatures traversing the world - though not necessarily hostile - and of hiding spider, though I get an impression of the whole idea turned from alien, sinister dimension into one about the world trying to be as scary and dangerous as possible.As I argued in the past, I wouldn't mind more alien/pocket dimensions but I'd rather keep them from adhering just to single theme (more 'alien' than 'a trip to a themepark - choose whether you want something scary, cute or heroic fantasy'). Here, it seems it'd be mostly about avoiding or fighting all kinds of random things wanting to hurt the character and I think it could do better than this.

Stick to the first page then. Plenty of stuff there you'd rather just hide from, or will flat-out ignore you

...What? What in the hell are you talking about

Travel to the wailing will be done in two ways. The most simple of them is to smelt the Scourge ore down into a clay pot. As the ore will not have any stabilizing medium when out of the pot, it will allow massive amounts of energy to seep in at once when thrown to the ground. This will cause 2 things: A rift to the wailing will open and some monsters may spawn. This temporary rift will stay open for the entire night, but no longer. This must be done outside at night. If you attempt to open a rift during the day, the ingot will explode like tnt. If you attempt to open a portal underground, the pressure wave caused by the tear will cause a cave in, even if the roof is supported

Are you sure you read the OP and not just here to troll?

I don't see parts about exploding there either.

The Wailing - An alien new dimension

I want to say thanks to Lumireaver (for helping to inspire this with his vision of the nether), EternalUndeath (for pushing me to do something far more creative than the original idea) and Justanotherguy (Because you're just so damn supportive !) :)

The Wailing:

The Concept: Black fear (as EternalUndeath put it).

Recent Edits: Changed inhabitants section to reflect the new mobs envisioned by Eternal and myself

Did YOU read the OP? I helped fucking make it.

I've been sort of pushing for new dimensions, but the rest of the team isn't as on board.As for scary end game stuff.... my ideas for the ender dragon will make you sh*t your pants. :)

As a way of doing an alternate dimension of stuff, or this dimension (in a style) you could always add this dimension as an "alternate" world option, in world options, making it be an ultra hard version of TFC.

There can be two options for players in TFC a realism one (as it is currently) and a "magical" or more game like option. The second one would be base TFC, but with magical, or fantasy elemts of such, such as this topic, and Thaumcraft.

I don't see parts about exploding there either.

Travel to the wailing will be done in two ways. The most simple of them is to smelt the Scourge ore down into a clay pot. As the ore will not have any stabilizing medium when out of the pot, it will allow massive amounts of energy to seep in at once when thrown to the ground. This will cause 2 things: A rift to the wailing will open and some monsters may spawn. This temporary rift will stay open for the entire night, but no longer. This must be done outside at night. If you attempt to open a rift during the day, the ingot will explode like tnt. If you attempt to open a portal underground, the pressure wave caused by the tear will cause a cave in, even if the roof is supported

Did YOU read the OP? I helped fucking make it.

easy there kiddo no need to use big words. and what is the quote for not sure theres and info that changes my point.

I for one immediately saw what he meant by the tnt comment.

I just don't really think this is in the scope of TFC's future so there isn't much point beating people around with tiny details.

I for one immediately saw what he meant by the tnt comment.

I just don't really think this is in the scope of TFC's future so there isn't much point beating people around with tiny details.

Don't take eternal's fun away he holds it dear to him.