Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECC

TFC's End: Greek Underworld

46 posts in this topic

Copied from an existing thread. Excuse inconsistencies. I've edited what I can. I am using a few sources to slowly make this.

The Underworld. Commonly mistaken name is 'Hades.' Hades is the lord of the undead, not the place he rules, though is sometimes correctly referred to as 'realm of Hades'. It is a place of the dead, all dead in fact. Not just bad, but the good and neutral too.

What is found in the Underworld:

three prominent biomes are here.

Asphodel Meadows: a place of neither, in its purest form. Where souls lay that chose to never be judged

-Biome Rarity: 86%

-Prominent mob: Soul(Passive-Aggressive) (very common)

-Other Mobs: Ghast(rare), Zombie (rare), Zombie Pigman (uncommon) Endermen(very-rare)

-Dominant Stone: Red Quartzite

-Extra Ore: None

-Other Ores found: Iron, Surface world Quartzite ores

-Temperature: Moderate

-Moisture:

-Other features: Occasional Pale Oak tree.

Tartarus: True hell, where the truly evil never rest

-Biome rarity: 7%

-Prominent mob: Damned(Aggressive) (Very common)

-Other Mobs: Ghast(uncommon), Zombie (common), Zombie Pigman (rare) Endermen(rare)

-Dominant Stone: Red Basalt(Igneous Extrusive)

-Extra Ore: Reaperstone

-Other Ores found: Iron, Surface world Basalt ores

-Temperature: Very hot

-Moisture: 0%

-Other features: rarely(5%), a fruit tree with water at its base will spawn.

Elysium: Where the valiant go, those who did great deeds. An ocean isle, full of wonder.

-Biome Rarity:7%

-Prominent mob: Soul(passive-aggressive)(common), pigman(NOT ZOMBIE)(passive-aggressive) (common)

-Other Mobs:Ghastling:(passive-aggressive) (uncommon)

-Dominant Stone: Pink Marble

-Extra Ore: Crystalite

-Other Ores found: Gold, Surface world Marble ores

-Temperature: Cool

-Moisture: Moderate

-Other features: Dirt, grass, water, and fruit trees spawn here, no lava. Fruit trees produce fruit 3 times as fast Grass gives off a light level of 12.

I will not pick the method for entering the Underworld as i want to leave that as open as possible(vanilla got one thing right XD)

blaze spawners are found in dungeons in the Underworld. Dungeons are made from stone bricks of the type of stone the biome has.

Underworld trees will not burn. Lava source blocks will not turn into obsidian in the Underworld when in contact with water. Basalt stone/cobble forms when lava touches water.

Stones in the Underworld take three times as long to remove. Stones may be crafted into all items surface world stones may be crafted into. Nether stones have a very low(0.01%) chance of cave ins.

Crystalite before mining appears as a blue pulsating(light level 8) gem embedded in marble. It is stronger then steel. It may only be mined with a steel pickaxe. In order to craft tools from this ore, you need to have a red steel anvil or better. an anvil made from this ore has a separate GUI interface that allows tier 1 enchanting for NEW ITEMS ONLY. Blocks made from this ore are the only blocks to ignore gravity. Blue Lamps(ascetic torches) can be made with this ore and produce a light level of 15.

Reaperstone before mining appears as a red-orange pulsating(light level 6) ore embedded in red basalt. It is stronger then Crystalite. It may only be mined with a Crystalite Pickaxe. In order to craft tools from this ore, you need to have a red steel anvil or better. An anvil made from this ore has a separate GUI interface that allows tier 2 enchanting for NEW OR OLD items. Red Lamps(ascetic torches) can be made with this ore and produce a light level of 15.

When crafted together, Crystalite and Reaperstone make Adamantuim, a dull green metal. It is the strongest metal and can only be forged at the highest temperatures. In order to craft tools from this ore, you need to have a Adamantium anvil or better and the anvil must have a lava block within 2 meters(may be placed under a floor and hidden for ascetics) An anvil made from this material has a separate GUI for enchanting and allows the final tier(3) of enchanting for NEW OR OLD items.

Lamps may be attached to ceilings. they produce white light(light level 14) no matter the colour lamp they appear to be. they stack up to 16. they are crafted with Iron, cinnabar(this is redstone equivalent, right?), and wood. after initial crafting, they may be combined with a Underworld ore to increase light level to 15.

MOBS:

Souls: a ghostly human. Uses player model and a random skin from a preset skin list. The charicter is slightly transparrent.

-Drops: NONE

-Rare drops: Worn items

-HP: 20

-Attack: 10+rare weapon

-Wears armor/weapons: yes(rare)

Damned: A ghostly player, died by the very hands of the gods, and thrown into the pits for eternity. uses player model and random skin from preset skin list. Eyes are all red or all white and glow similar to spiders and endermen eyes. Herobrine skin(cant resist ;P) is mixed in this. The charicter is slightly transparrent.

-Drops: Magma cream

-HP: 20

-Attack: 15+rare weapon

Pigman: Orcs, beast people of good will and strong, honorable fighters. they are known to typically carry gold weapons.

-Drops: Pork(1-4), Gold nugget(1-2)

-HP: 30

-Attack: 15

Ghastling: Young ghasts are born in a dreamworld and live happily for several years before being swept out by the gods into the far reaches of the underworld. looks like a smaller 'happy' ghast. They are a light blue.

-Drops: ghast tears(1-2)

-Rare drops: NONE

-HP: 15

-Attack: 15

-Wears armor/weapons: no

May edit this later, nothing is finallized. only reposted for organizational perposes and do not expect any of this to be implemented in any way.

I defininately like the idea of drawing inspiration of the Greek Underworld. If we plan to change/add realms, I vote for this. Maybe a bit more variety in biomes though. In Greek Mythology there were several more levels in both directions for souls.

TFC's end is definitely closer to this than all other suggestions, (thanks for listening =P) but will also contain a spark of vanilla and Bioxx and I.

"I defininately like the idea of drawing inspiration of the Greek Underworld. If we plan to change/add realms, I vote for this. Maybe a bit more variety in biomes though. In Greek Mythology there were several more levels in both directions for souls."

I labeled the Prominent biomes only as I wish to leave it as open ended as possible for two reasons. One, This is not my game to dev, Two, its minecraft... the literal most open ended game in the world(other then then D&D)

"TFC's end is definitely closer to this than all other suggestions, (thanks for listening =P) but will also contain a spark of vanilla and Bioxx and I."

See above ;P

I am willing to put much more research time into this, as I hate not fulfilling an idea, and this is one of the few i've had that researching would be quite fun for me(its a subject I enjoy)

on another note, anyone catch the fruit tree in water reference?

on another note, anyone catch the fruit tree in water reference?

Yes, Demeter and pomegranates I assume?

Negative, not even close also its Persephone and the pomegranate Demeter is Persephone's mother however the reference was to King Tantalus, a man sent to Tartarus for dismembering, boiling and then eating his own son along with other crimes. He was placed on an island in the middle of one of the Underworld's rivers (the Styx if I remember right) and on this island was a single fruit tree whenever he reached for fruit it would bend away from him and whenever he tried to drink from the river all the water would flee from his hand. Not a good life.

TFC's end is definitely closer to this than all other suggestions, (thanks for listening =P) but will also contain a spark of vanilla and Bioxx and I.

-sad face-

well, looks like, unless i really need to, i am not going to the end

Negative, not even close also its Persephone and the pomegranate Demeter is Persephone's mother however the reference was to King Tantalus, a man sent to Tartarus for dismembering, boiling and then eating his own son along with other crimes. He was placed on an island in the middle of one of the Underworld's rivers (the Styx if I remember right) and on this island was a single fruit tree whenever he reached for fruit it would bend away from him and whenever he tried to drink from the river all the water would flee from his hand. Not a good life.

Derp, meant persephony x_x

I also sometimes say artemis

Also, knew all about tantalus and his river, but did not know there was a fruit tree on it

Edit:

Also, woooo! My millennial post!

*mines some silver*

Also, woooo! My millennial post!

*mines some silver*

Congratulations on that!!!

here have a cupcake

Congratulations on that!!!

here have a cupcake

Only if its one of pinkie's

Only if its one of pinkie's

goddamnit eternal, now i have a craving for cupcakes

goddamnit eternal, now i have a craving for cupcakes

Posted Image

Mods are asleep, post ponies

Mods are asleep, post ponies

wut. I'm just watching dragonball.... 0.o

wut. I'm just watching dragonball.... 0.o

Its okay Dunk, just go to sleep...

...these are not the droids you're looking for...

Its okay Dunk, just go to sleep...

...these are not the droids you're looking for...

...these aren't... the droids I'm looking for... ok, you can go.

And suddenly,

This.....

Posted Image

carry on citizen

And suddenly,

This.....

Posted Image

sup uncel scroooodge

Srg pls.

please?

please what?

please make you a sandwich?

please turn the world into a giant gummy worm?

please explode into a shower of english muffins?

i dont know what you're asking for here

Dunt wurry srg.. itz just fur da gagz

Dolan to English translation: Dont worry srg... its just for the gags

Dunt wurry srg.. itz just fur da gagz

Dolan to English translation: Dont worry srg... its just for the gags

do not worry yourself, i speak fluent internet

do not worry yourself, i speak fluent internet

I can still speak in the long forgotten language of l33t5p3a|<

I can still speak in the long forgotten language of l33t5p3a|<

n1664 |013453, u 41n7 5h17

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0