Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECC

TFC's End: Greek Underworld

46 posts in this topic

5u|0 n1664

7747<h 0u7, 773 607 4 |34|)455 0/3r h3r3

n1664 |013453, u 41n7 5h17

5u|0 n1664

guys can we stop using the "n" word? :/ it might make some people feel uncomfortable.

eternal... we should do what he says... he might have a gun....

Yeah, even in 1337 5|034|<, many people can understand you ;)

We had best avoid things like the n word .. Political correctness and all that -.-

(God, that was depressing. I hate political correctness with a firey burning passion :P)

Yeah, even in 1337 5|034|<, many people can understand you ;)

We had best avoid things like the n word .. Political correctness and all that -.-

(God, that was depressing. I hate political correctness with a firey burning passion :P)

yeah well, political correctness is something you have to uphold when you're in a position of authority, so that it doesn't seem like you're being biased or abusing your power.

yeah well, political correctness is something you have to uphold when you're in a position of authority, so that it doesn't seem like you're being biased or abusing your power.

I know that feeling .. This is a public forum after all .. So you are correct. Ignoring political correctness is something to do in the privacy of your own life :P

heh i love politically correctness, especially that whooshing sound it makes when i throw it out the window

heh i love politically correctness, especially that whooshing sound it makes when i throw it out the window

Haha :P Is that followed by a splat as you are crushed by the nearest athletic ethnic minority ?

Haha :P Is that followed by a splat as you are crushed by the nearest athletic ethnic minority ?

the fact that i dont care because im not a political figure and dont really have a public reputation to uphold

the fact that i dont care because im not a political figure

It was a joke, needn't worry :P

I don't much support political correctness either, but you'd be a fool not to obey in certain circumstances..

It was a joke, needn't worry :P

I don't much support political correctness either, but you'd be a fool not to obey in certain circumstances..

well obviously one should try not to offend people when you would benifit from not offending them

well obviously one should try not to offend people when you would benifit from not offending them

Pretty much.. That being said .. I never really got into the whole internet thing of casual racism, so I rarely need to try and avoid offending people. I've also given up talking about religion and politics because I've come to the conclusion I will never convince anyone who disagrees with my views to change theirs, and if they already agree, you just spend like 2 hours agreeing on things, which isn't really a discussion :P

It suddenly got a lot easier to make friends on the internet when I stopped talking about such deeply personal things :P

well... how in the name of .....whomever you believe in.... did we get from the awesome greek underwold ( i kind of like greek mythology :3) to racism...

this has gone so far off topic xP

well to get a bit more on topic, i don't think the old greeks were racists... they certainly weren't homophobic, it was quite customary for a student to 'please' his master in return for the wisdom he obtains...

weird lads... the old greeks... but awesome mythology ^^

I go to sleep.... see 37 replies... go 'wooo'

then, realize you are all as bad as the members in my pb2 forum... loool.

you need a forum games section, really. Might cut on what most forums consider spam. lol.

anyone have any additions to this idea? Personally, I feel it has barely been fleshed out.

EDIT: as an addition, PROVIDE SOURCES for any further information. Personally, i want something to read, but I would also enjoy seeing you all actually go though the same process' used for making it realistic :)

Oh my this is soooo offtopic, i'm just going to stay away from all the dolan and interweb speak.

well... how in the name of .....whomever you believe in.... did we get from the awesome greek underwold ( i kind of like greek mythology :3) to racism...

through the magic of the internet Psychotimo

Edit: also, this is what happens when people are active on the forums at 2:00 in the morning

through the magic of the internet Psychotimo

Edit: also, this is what happens when people are active on the forums at 2:00 in the morning

sadly, i know all too much about this magic, but sometimes i just enjoy acting as if i'm not fully corrupted by it xP

and well... following my current day-night rhythm i don't think i'll have much problems with being active on the forum at 2:00 ^^

anyways, dunk really got me thinking... it'll be more like the greek underworld but there'll be some bioxx/dunkleosteus element in it... well as long as there's a giant three-headed dog guarding the entrance i really don't care about the rest... i'd try to train it and i'd call him mister dinkywinks, i'd keep him with me at all times so he can protect me from the evil cows... their udders are so horrifying :'(

no but seriously, a 3 headed dog would actually be pretty damn awesome :P

sadly, i know all too much about this magic, but sometimes i just enjoy acting as if i'm not fully corrupted by it xP

and well... following my current day-night rhythm i don't think i'll have much problems with being active on the forum at 2:00 ^^

anyways, dunk really got me thinking... it'll be more like the greek underworld but there'll be some bioxx/dunkleosteus element in it... well as long as there's a giant three-headed dog guarding the entrance i really don't care about the rest... i'd try to train it and i'd call him mister dinkywinks, i'd keep him with me at all times so he can protect me from the evil cows... their udders are so horrifying :'(

no but seriously, a 3 headed dog would actually be pretty damn awesome :P

When I said it would be like the greek underworld, I didn't mean exactly like the greek underworld, I more was implying that it would fulfill the same position in the universe. Greek mythology didn't have a "heaven" or "hell" (don't get into that one little place in the underworld you went if you were good, no time lol), like Christianity or the other religions like that, they simply had a place to go when you die. The TFC End will be like this too. It is the place of death, no joyous clouds or fiery hell pits, just blackness, silence and infinity. A much more daunting and surreal vision of death. It is the end, not the beginning of some new eternity of happiness or punishment. It just is.

'3 headed dog'

I was very careful to not put this one in.

'When I said it would be like the greek underworld, I didn't mean exactly like the greek underworld, I more was implying that it would fulfill the same position in the universe. Greek mythology didn't have a "heaven" or "hell" (don't get into that one little place in the underworld you went if you were good, no time lol), like Christianity or the other religions like that, they simply had a place to go when you die. The TFC End will be like this too. It is the place of death, no joyous clouds or fiery hell pits, just blackness, silence and infinity. A much more daunting and surreal vision of death. It is the end, not the beginning of some new eternity of happiness or punishment. It just is.'

Oddly, that sounds darker then it should to me...sounds more like the current Void.(that hell below the bedrock)

'3 headed dog'

I was very careful to not put this one in.

'When I said it would be like the greek underworld, I didn't mean exactly like the greek underworld, I more was implying that it would fulfill the same position in the universe. Greek mythology didn't have a "heaven" or "hell" (don't get into that one little place in the underworld you went if you were good, no time lol), like Christianity or the other religions like that, they simply had a place to go when you die. The TFC End will be like this too. It is the place of death, no joyous clouds or fiery hell pits, just blackness, silence and infinity. A much more daunting and surreal vision of death. It is the end, not the beginning of some new eternity of happiness or punishment. It just is.'

Oddly, that sounds darker then it should to me...sounds more like the current Void.(that hell below the bedrock)

meh, I think it should be dark. Maybe it is a little void like, but idk

Maybe it is a little void like

SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0