Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Srgnoodles

Lamps, Candles and Torches oh my! (new lighting ideas)

153 posts in this topic

-poke-

Oy you, I want your opinion on the post I made of chandeliers

oooh are we going to start poking people now? heeheee!!!

-poke-

runs away giggling

like your idea

no i wont read it, since 1. many people say the series is very good 2. if i watch the epic series, the book might give me hints or give me a feeling of let down of the series

with any adaption, i choose a side and stick with it

like your idea

no i wont read it, since 1. many people say the series is very good 2. if i watch the epic series, the book might give me hints or give me a feeling of let down of the series

with any adaption, i choose a side and stick with it

eh i always read the book before watching the movie or tv show of it, just a habit i have

eh i always read the book before watching the movie or tv show of it, just a habit i have

most stuff "based on the novel...." is damn expensive in europe or internet only, i dont trust the us amazon and their prices,so i stick to the internez version if you know what i mean =)

and im in the beginning of "the foundation and earth" so i wouldnt have time nor place in my bookshelf nor money

most stuff "based on the novel...." is damn expensive in europe or internet only, i dont trust the us amazon and their prices,so i stick to the internez version if you know what i mean =)

and im in the beginning of "the foundation and earth" so i wouldnt have time nor place in my bookshelf nor money

yknow theres this thing called a library...

Idk about Europe, but my girlfriend bought me the first four books the other month for $40...

-poke-

Oy you, I want your opinion on the post I made of chandeliers

Hmm.. I like it :) It makes chandeliers suitably complex and costly. They are so ornate that sticking 4 torches together just wouldn't do, so I'm a fan :)

Hmm.. I like it :) It makes chandeliers suitably complex and costly. They are so ornate that sticking 4 torches together just wouldn't do, so I'm a fan :)

yay <3

means my idea was actually good

yay <3

Haha :) I'm flattered !

How would the sconces be crafted ? Anvil and 1 ingot I presume ?

you have to pay for these too (membership etc.), and most of the time, they dont have any newly released books

yay <3

do we get candles ? if not, we should be able to lamps and/or torches should switch texture to candles (torch chandelier meeeh you know :P )

I keep reading sconces and seeing scones instead.... lol anyways, i am wholeheartedly in support of chandeliers and different light sources, having torches need to be relit... i'm neutral about.

I keep reading sconces and seeing scones instead....

ohmygod DUNK WHERE ARE YOU WE NEED PLACEABLE SCONES!!!!!

also, torches would not be the best light source, lanterns would be the optimal source of light if not candles, torches are mostly gonna be for exploring at night or in caves

ohmygod DUNK WHERE ARE YOU WE NEED PLACEABLE SCONES!!!!!

also, torches would not be the best light source, lanterns would be the optimal source of light if not candles, torches are mostly gonna be for exploring at night or in caves

ok

What's a scone ._.?

-runs over to wikipedia-

here

The Scone is a small British quick bread, traditionally hailing from Scotland. They are usually made of wheat, barley or oatmeal, with baking powder as a leavening agent. The scone is a basic component of the cream tea or Devonshire tea. It is generally speaking similar to but different from both a tea cake and a currant bun.

in other words, a buiscut thingy,they're actually pretty dang good

edit: gaddangid dunk you beat me

-runs over to wikipedia-

here

The Scone is a small British quick bread, traditionally hailing from Scotland. They are usually made of wheat, barley or oatmeal, with baking powder as a leavening agent. The scone is a basic component of the cream tea or Devonshire tea. It is generally speaking similar to but different from both a tea cake and a currant bun.

in other words, a buiscut thingy,they're actually pretty dang good

edit: gaddangid dunk you beat me

yeah but I did it in spanish.

Dunk wins this time :P

And i knew they were biscuit, but srg said something about them being placeable, and then i thought it was something else with the same name :

Dunk wins this time :P

And i knew they were biscuit, but srg said something about them being placeable, and then i thought it was something else with the same name :

ah sorry about confuzzling you there

Haha :) I'm flattered !

How would the sconces be crafted ? Anvil and 1 ingot I presume ?

Yeah, with a plan like this

__@@___

__@@___

__@@___

@@_____

@_______

you have to pay for these too (membership etc.), and most of the time, they dont have any newly released books

do we get candles ? if not, we should be able to lamps and/or torches should switch texture to candles (torch chandelier meeeh you know :P )

1) most public libraries don't require paid membership, you just have to show them some form of ID and give them a means of contacting you (email, home address, etc...) - well, by me anyway

2) Candles would be totally separate, and wouldn't be used in sconces. Candles could freely be placed on the top of blocks, but not the sides. Torches can't be placed at all, but a sconce can be placed on the top OR side of a block, and can accept a torch.

In my idea, anyway.

1) most public libraries don't require paid membership, you just have to show them some form of ID and give them a means of contacting you (email, home address, etc...) - well, by me anyway

if you live in the right cities :P

2) Candles would be totally separate, and wouldn't be used in sconces. Candles could freely be placed on the top of blocks, but not the sides. Torches can't be placed at all, but a sconce can be placed on the top OR side of a block, and can accept a torch.

In my idea, anyway.

idk if torches would look so swell in a chandelier, just sayin

idk if torches would look so swell in a chandelier, just sayin

Yeah really candles would go in better... but then candles just get kinda TOO useful, you know?

Yeah really candles would go in better... but then candles just get kinda TOO useful, you know?

you hatin' on my candles??

you hatin' on my candles??

Balance brah. Everything in the game needs balance.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0