Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaemonawa

Etching: Scribe a Message on Your Pretty Stone Wall!

17 posts in this topic

Haven't you ever wanted to carve the history of your world into the walls of your castle?

As a minor addition for some fun playability, why not add a setting to the chisel that allows a would-be mason to carve a message ( using the same interface as with a sign) on any chisel-able block? Text color could be white on darker stones, and black on paler stones.

While this does essentially do the same thing as a sign, it allows for a more aesthetic method of conveying your message. I personally would love to see this added just because it would make my Romanesque map more believable ;)

I thought this was going to be added with cubit carving.

I think it is. I think it was discussed in that thread as well.

EDIT: For clarity, my understanding is that, by being able to carve a block one little square at a time, you could conceivably accomplish etching.

I thought this was going to be added with cubit carving.

i think he means instead of carving out little bits of blocks, stone could act like a sign that you could type on if you have a chisel

i think he means instead of carving out little bits of blocks, stone could act like a sign that you could type on if you have a chisel

Indeed. I had checked the cubit thread, but it seemed like it would be painstaking to carve a message etch by etch. Specifically, I would like to stone, stone bricks, and smooth stone to act like signs when right-clicked with the etch mode enabled on a chisel. The font color would be white, grey, or black, depending on the stone's color.

At first, I didn't like this idea much. It seemed too easy. But, now I can see how the possible level of detail for the etching would be much greater and open up the possibility of ornate woodcarving as well.

Endorsed.

I see a large lack of Diamond spam buttons in this menu so I'll just add 2 cents here:

Ascetically, its genius to have such things. can we agree adding metal/stone plaques to this as well would be nice? something that works almost like a sign? Difference would be when placed on ground it lays there.

Indeed. I had checked the cubit thread, but it seemed like it would be painstaking to carve a message etch by etch. Specifically, I would like to stone, stone bricks, and smooth stone to act like signs when right-clicked with the etch mode enabled on a chisel. The font color would be white, grey, or black, depending on the stone's color.

No. The cubit thing is already confirmed and this would seriously fuck with it. You don't even know.

The cubit thing is already confirmed

Not enough like buttons >.<

How the hell do you like something more than once I need to like this five hundred times.

How the hell do you like something more than once I need to like this five hundred times.

go find my other posts and like them :)

Eeee! the cubits are officially coming??!

Would be painstaking to carve a message etch by etch, hmm now this makes me think of something, you know, Actual etching comes to mind... but seriously, there is a reason not many books are imprinted in stone/wood. it takes mass amounts of precision, and paitence, i would be happy to see someone carve out a design on a temple/palace etch by etch... "Yes, little dwarves.... yesss....."

It could work something like carving from inficraft or the hammer and chisel feature from the runic dust mod.

No. The cubit thing is already confirmed and this would seriously fuck with it. You don't even know.

If I may ask, when will this cubit thing be added? It would seriously improve my Roman world lol

If I may ask, when will this cubit thing be added? It would seriously improve my Roman world lol

as soon as half life episode 3 comes out

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0