Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Miklosh

A little romantic suggestion about hostile mobs spawning.

89 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or does this thread have NOTHING to do with romance in any form?

I think it means romantic in the sense of hopefully but kinda stretching it. Think of the Romantic movement in literature in the 1800s. Its not about romance, as that would be quite... odd, to do in MC

Is it just me, or does this thread have NOTHING to do with romance in any form?

Well, you know... Lost cities... Ruined houses... Evil Hordes of monsters... Treasures Useless crap left in chests... It all looks like this to me.

No, it's not just you.

Its not about romance, as that would be quite... odd, to do in MC

trying NOT to think too hard about that...

Creepers aside, we could have a spawn buffer. For every four mobs that didn't spawn due to protections one would spawn instantly once protection is removed. This would cause sieges and heavy mob density for ruins. Only problem I can think of is how to prevent them (the special summoned mobs not standard summon) from despawning.

Ok, you converted me, that sounds awesome

And why in all that makes sense should creepers be afraid of cats? That imo was one of the worst and stupidest design decision of VMC -.-

IRL many black bears are afraid of cats, no reason for that shit either, but it happens.

Creepers may be getting the boot, they may not

I'm fully aware of the symbolism between creepers and minecraft (I have a shirt with a creeper on it), but that doesn't mean we can just grandfather them into a world they clearly don't fit in.

We might just throw them somewhere else so they don't mess with your shit.

Nah, that doesn't quite fit them.

Dunk is redoing the Nether to be more alien I figured they would fit nicely.

Dunk is redoing the Nether to be more alien I figured they would fit nicely.

no, exploding phalluses don't really fit anywhere, and definitely not in the new nether.

We'll put them somewhere, but not as a main feature, sort of like shoving them out of the way and putting them somewhere where they can't do much damage, but I guess you can go find them for a novelty. Maybe creeper islands like vanilla's mushroom ones?

Maybe creeper islands like vanilla's mushroom ones?

YEAH!!!!!! Creeper Island!! you should make it like the vanilla ones except all creepery. :D

A barren wasteland, pockmarked by craters filled with sulfurous lava, rimmed with obsidian and topped by none other then the deadly and rare creeper. Those who dare to stumble upon this hell of earth be warned, none come back alive. Beware.

~read in a humorless, deep and dark voice with not even the moon out to light.

I imagine people will look for such an island and dare themselves to stay there a night. heheheh

A barren wasteland, pockmarked by craters filled with sulfurous lava, rimmed with obsidian and topped by none other then the deadly and rare creeper. Those who dare to stumble upon this hell of earth be warned, none come back alive. Beware.

I imagine people will look for such an island and dare themselves to stay there a night. heheheh

And maybe the islands could spawn in the polar areas, but keep higher temperatures because of the volcanic activity that's happening there.

Perhaps has a few new and VERY rare trees? something better then hickory. give people a reason to go there, rather then leave it a useless wasteland.

spawn rates would have to be very high(and work in daylight too D:), the natural rocks would have to have a high blast resistance(another resource people would want), New mobs(lets add borderlands 'badass creeper'), Rock hard, long burning, hot smelting woods comparable to living charcoal. Can be regrown from saplings, but only picks cut them down

oh and, no water. Nothing but finite lava. Lots and lots of hellish lava.

yes, this is OP. hehehe. I had time, And i was bored.

eh i was thinking more like a jungley island, seeing as creepers appear to be either plant camouflaged or plant-based lifeforms,

so it appoears to be a tropical paradise, but in the caves and dark places on it, there are creeper "nests" or whatever that they spawn from to go and give you hugs

eh i was thinking more like a jungley island, seeing as creepers appear to be either plant camouflaged or plant-based lifeforms, ...

Wait, so creepers are animated sulfur based herbascious lifeforms? That's awesome! Maybe they could spawn randomly when you cut down a tree. (with a very low chance)

Wait, so creepers are animated sulfur based herbascious lifeforms? That's awesome! Maybe they could spawn randomly when you cut down a tree. (with a very low chance)

ehehehehehe....no

Maybe they could spawn randomly when you cut down a tree. (with a very low chance)

Riiiiiiight... And let's make a gigantic cave-in half of the times you break a rare metal ore block. Just for the sake of making player's life difficult in a very, very noisy way.

I don't want them removed, they are a great challenge indeed... However, a challenge is only fun if there is a way to overcome it. I mean, creepers are a great challenge, but they become a good one because, if you pay enough attention to your sorroundings, you are mostly safe from them. Now, having a challenge appearing randomly when you are doing a vital task for your survival, such as woodcutting, won't do anything but scare players away from the mod.

Could always just change the shape of creepers to be sort of a tick (bug) keep it an off green color and leave the general face shape of a creeper on it's back like a fucked up black widow hourglass and you have a creature made for underground spore colonies.

... if you pay enough attention to your sorroundings, you are mostly safe from them. ...

The problem I have with creepers is I see them standing where I need to go. There's no way around them and if you come within like ten blocks they blow up the thing you're trying to get to. I never build just one huge giant building and stick all my industries in it. No, I build compounds and cities with each industry having it's own building. Before you try to tell me to just light in up, I do and they still manage to wander like 30 blocks into my cities unless I wall them up. I do wall them up; however, my arguement is that creepers are only good at being annoying and not my idea of fun with their current attack being "explode if player is within eight blocks." I'm not for the removal of creepers just a rewrite of their attack to something non-explosive.

calm down guys. Lets not get carried away here. No new resources or any incentive to go to this island other than to get the shit blown out of you.

calm down guys. Lets not get carried away here. No new resources or any incentive to go to this island other than to get the shit blown out of you.

I went to Houston Texas once for this very reason.

I went to Houston Texas once for this very reason.

well thew same could be said for most of the middle united states, no real incentive to go there, well unless you like corn, and cows, and maybe more corn