Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DJFergy

Geological Events

172 posts in this topic

Volcanoes must be of vary types:

-Fissure vents (Smallest)

-Shield volcanoes (Largest)

-Lava domes (High enough)

-Volcanic cones (Classic)

-Stratovolcanoes (Composite volcanoes with many layers of different stone)

-Submarine volcanoes (Under the water, make lots of bubbles :) )

-Subglacial volcanoes (The funniest)

oh, btw, while its on volcanoes, why no underwater volcanoes, spewing a new block: magma, which would have a heat value and travel some blocks beyond the initial eruption area, then cool off and turn into some type of solid, gravity affected block (cobble wouldnt be realistic i think) which, over time, would form an natural new island or even continent, if their close enough :D, of course after that it'd need to be agricultured before its ready to be habitable :D

Already talked about, Thread about tropical islands I think. We de-railed into what you just talked about.

Already talked about, Thread about tropical islands I think. We de-railed into what you just talked about.

I remember of that topic. By Noodles, true?

iirc

Completely off topic... what did that mean again? :

Volcanoes must be of vary types:

-Fissure vents (Smallest)

-Shield volcanoes (Largest)

-Lava domes (High enough)

-Volcanic cones (Classic)

-Stratovolcanoes (Composite volcanoes with many layers of different stone)

-Submarine volcanoes (Under the water, make lots of bubbles :) )

-Subglacial volcanoes (The funniest)

Subglacial volcanoes would require... well, glacials : that was confirmed in it's thread or ti wasn't? i don't remember...

Other than that, i think it's a pretty nice list :3

GUISE. STOP TALKING ABOUT VOLCANOES. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING SUGGESTIONS ABOUT VOLCANOES ANY FURTHER. IF THEY ARE ADDED, WE ALREADY NOW EXACTLY HOW AND WHY AND WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY OTHER IDEAS REGARDING THIS. STOP NOW.

WE ALREADY NOW EXACTLY

*Know :3

anyways, listen to dunk, he KNOWS (:P) things.

GUISE. STOP TALKING ABOUT VOLCANOES. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING SUGGESTIONS ABOUT VOLCANOES ANY FURTHER. IF THEY ARE ADDED, WE ALREADY NOW EXACTLY HOW AND WHY AND WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY OTHER IDEAS REGARDING THIS. STOP NOW.

Ok... :

But you never answered the question i made...

Guys?

Guys?

He's an english teacher and he can say this. It's not a mistake, it's art.

Thats what you get for trying to put a thread back in its rails...

Relatives maybe?

No my dear guy. This isn't a relative. It's because IDK but it's funny.

I got a feeling that the vulcanoes you planned will be ones that slowly build up throught slow magma flow, one chunk a minute or something like this. (As is the case in real life. Volcanoe =/= sudden mountain in 10 seconds.)

I got a feeling that the vulcanoes you planned will be ones that slowly build up throught slow magma flow, one chunk a minute or something like this. (As is the case in real life. Volcanoe =/= sudden mountain in 10 seconds.)

nope, good guess though. That would take hundreds of years :)

Maybe we can have simulated tectonics. Along fault lines, mountain ranges and ravines form. And areas near them can get earthquakes.

(Items randomly breaking and erratic mob/player movement if not crouching)

And then we could have hail, and hurricanes and monsoons and tsunamis and all that junk! WOOT!

Maybe we can have simulated tectonics.

Yes!!! Only this gives me lots of ideas!

Maybe we can have simulated tectonics. Along fault lines, mountain ranges and ravines form. And areas near them can get earthquakes.

(Items randomly breaking and erratic mob/player movement if not crouching)

And then we could have hail, and hurricanes and monsoons and tsunamis and all that junk! WOOT!

haha, you're obviously not a programmer :)

haha, you're obviously not a programmer :)

Actually, I am a programmer. All that's needed is a re-write of the main world gen code while referencing each block's variable. The world first is made flat with random blocks spawn with a variable meta data saying how close they are to a fault line. Then it is used to spawn mountain ranges and such near/on it. Then random hills are spawned just to fill in the gaps. It may take at least a month to code and 2 to bug fix. But it does give a good feel to the game.

And yes, I am a programmer. I am new to programming, but I understand the ins and outs of it better than you may think.

you do realise that if you calculate the changes for every block affected by an e-quake for every player and mob nearby, you'd have an efficient way of killing your memory? (i'm not a programmer but even i can get the gist of it from a previous post by dunk: we could simulate shaking and just have them sit through the massive lagspike while calculating every blocks variable affected)

Actually, I am a programmer. All that's needed is a re-write of the main world gen code while referencing each block's variable. The world first is made flat with random blocks spawn with a variable meta data saying how close they are to a fault line. Then it is used to spawn mountain ranges and such near/on it. Then random hills are spawned just to fill in the gaps. It may take at least a month to code and 2 to bug fix. But it does give a good feel to the game.

And yes, I am a programmer. I am new to programming, but I understand the ins and outs of it better than you may think.

I said that because what you asked is well beyond the scope of this mod and the abilities of it's programmers.

nope, good guess though. That would take hundreds of years :)

It could. But getting a ten meter high volcano could take just one day.

Plenty of time for it not to pose any danger to the people settled in it's vicinity. ;d

I advise you to look into mc code... what you're suggesting will change, well, if not all, then most classes...

The world isn't generated flat, it is generated through perlin noise, what you're asking for is to have a pre-simulation of the world, well, that is not minecraft... Imagine that chunks aren't generated when you enter the world, but as you discover them, so your idea isn't for minecraft

I advise you to look into mc code... what you're suggesting will change, well, if not all, then most classes...

The world isn't generated flat, it is generated through perlin noise, what you're asking for is to have a pre-simulation of the world, well, that is not minecraft... Imagine that chunks aren't generated when you enter the world, but as you discover them, so your idea isn't for minecraft

I was meaning, have that for the first chunks, then simulate the rest of the chunk tectonics using a complex formula.