Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Menoch

Music for the Cause

34 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

As many of you know, Bioxx has added some new tracks to Terrafirmacraft. I write music... have been for over 20 years, love gaming, and while I had always thought about writing music for games, it wasn't until I started playing this mod that the proverbial fire was lit under my ass.

I saw great things in this creation, and I felt something akin to a primal urge to discover, unearth, explore, and experience something new around every corner and over every hill. It moved something inside of me.

I liked what I saw, and what I was playing, and I definitely wanted to give back to the author of such a great piece of art.

I emailed Bioxx, and sent a few tracks, and he liked! So there ya have it. So why the post?

Well I am creating an entire soundtrack for TFC (as most of you probably know already) which will include the 5 tracks already added. At first I was just going to record these tracks, and then send them right on over to Bioxx. Then I read the topic "Why is TFC just a mod?" (or something to that effect), and it go me thinking.

I have dealt with music marketing before, had CD's available on iTunes, Amazon, Lala, Limewire, Shockhound, Napster... etc..etc..etc.. so I already know what it takes to do it. And if enough people are interested, I am willing to put together an entire package (CD, Cover, the whole shabang),front the cash, and market it through Tunecore, hitting over a dozen internet store fronts worldwide. The hardcopy of the CD's would be available to order in Canada, Japan, the US, and I think parts of the UK not to mention available to download all over.

In doing this, not only will this put TFC out there on a broader spectrum, but I will be giving much of the sales (minus recoup fees for myself and maybe something for the dollar menu), in return as donations to Bioxx.

By reaching a broader spectrum, imagine if you will the sheer amount of gamers who download music to listen to while they game, or just to listen to. With the title of the CD including "Sounds of Terrafirmacraft", people searching for gaming music, ambient music, instrumental music, etc... have the likelihood of pulling up this CD in a search, and lo-and-behold.. now terrafirmacraft.com has hits from people curious as to what this thing is all about.

This mod needs to grow, And I want to help the cause.

If you want to help the cause, buy the CD when it comes out. You will have TFC music for your head, and Bioxx will have some extra cash to pour into his STAND-ALONE GAME!!! wink wink nudge nudge ;) LOL. Ok. If not a standalone, then one hell of a mod!!!

Interested? Sound off!!!!

If I can get enough feedback from the TFC community, I am going to go ahead and plan accordingly.

GAME ON!

Menoch

I will definitely buy the CD when it comes out! I am happy that people are doing this. While I don't really have any art or music to offer, I will do whatever I can in the community to help TFC grow, survive, and thrive!

I will do whatever i can for getting that CD. This mod earned it, and continues to earn it update after update. As Kimb said, we gotta do whatever is on our hands to help it's community:

to grow, survive, and thrive.

(that should be this mod's slogan...)

(that should be this mod's slogan...)

TERRAFIRMACRAFT: TO GROW, SURVIVE AND THRIVE :)

TERRAFIRMACRAFT: TO GROW, SURVIVE AND THRIVE :)

Don't you make fancy titles in the middle of a thread. I'm the one who makes fancy titles in the middles of threads ¬___¬ my territory

Don't you make fancy titles in the middle of a thread. I'm the one who makes fancy titles in the middles of threads ¬___¬ my territory

Don't be silly... Everyone knows the All-Seeing-Eye beats a snake-bird-mountain-dragon with glowing feathers in the head. (Whatever that is.....)

Anyway, I could just do it in the BEGGINING OF THE THREAD!!!! I edited it to make it so.

:P

Greetings all,

As many of you know, Bioxx has added some new tracks to Terrafirmacraft. I write music... have been for over 20 years, love gaming, and while I had always thought about writing music for games, it wasn't until I started playing this mod that the proverbial fire was lit under my ass.

I saw great things in this creation, and I felt something akin to a primal urge to discover, unearth, explore, and experience something new around every corner and over every hill. It moved something inside of me.

I liked what I saw, and what I was playing, and I definitely wanted to give back to the author of such a great piece of art.

I emailed Bioxx, and sent a few tracks, and he liked! So there ya have it. So why the post?

Well I am creating an entire soundtrack for TFC (as most of you probably know already) which will include the 5 tracks already added. At first I was just going to record these tracks, and then send them right on over to Bioxx. Then I read the topic "Why is TFC just a mod?" (or something to that effect), and it go me thinking.

I have dealt with music marketing before, had CD's available on iTunes, Amazon, Lala, Limewire, Shockhound, Napster... etc..etc..etc.. so I already know what it takes to do it. And if enough people are interested, I am willing to put together an entire package (CD, Cover, the whole shabang),front the cash, and market it through Tunecore, hitting over a dozen internet store fronts worldwide. The hardcopy of the CD's would be available to order in Canada, Japan, the US, and I think parts of the UK not to mention available to download all over.

In doing this, not only will this put TFC out there on a broader spectrum, but I will be giving much of the sales (minus recoup fees for myself and maybe something for the dollar menu), in return as donations to Bioxx.

By reaching a broader spectrum, imagine if you will the sheer amount of gamers who download music to listen to while they game, or just to listen to. With the title of the CD including "Sounds of Terrafirmacraft", people searching for gaming music, ambient music, instrumental music, etc... have the likelihood of pulling up this CD in a search, and lo-and-behold.. now terrafirmacraft.com has hits from people curious as to what this thing is all about.

This mod needs to grow, And I want to help the cause.

If you want to help the cause, buy the CD when it comes out. You will have TFC music for your head, and Bioxx will have some extra cash to pour into his STAND-ALONE GAME!!! wink wink nudge nudge ;) LOL. Ok. If not a standalone, then one hell of a mod!!!

Interested? Sound off!!!!

If I can get enough feedback from the TFC community, I am going to go ahead and plan accordingly.

GAME ON!

Menoch

Is it weird that we haven't met yet?

Yes, Yes it is. (kinda)

Dunk, Menoch

Menoch, Dunk

Dunk is co developer of TFC. Right now, he is doing an excellent job at coding the animals. Earlier, he did trees.

Menoch is the soundtrack artist for TFC. So far, he has made 5 soundtracks that are in TFC.

Not sure, really... :

There are many weird goings on in them thar parts! Dunk.. you rock. Keep up the awesome work!!

I already download each release by Adfly to support.

So i will buy this CD too :)

Will the hardcopy be available in France ?

Otherwise i'll buy the virtual one ;)

Your music is really incredible and add mystery. Each time the drums one start i feel like there is something dangerous looking after me, i do everything much faster in case of a monster or whatever jump on me ! I love this feeling :)

So thanks you and keep up the incredible work !!!

Everyone here keeps up his work. All good work here.

I would definately purchase 5 copies or more they would make great gifts!

hang on, if the CD takes off, maybe you could ask Bioxx to throw a bit of the profit my way...

no job ;_;

hang on, if the CD takes off, maybe you could ask Bioxx to throw a bit of the profit my way...

no job ;_;

A bit? We all know what Dunk is REALLY asking for......

JK, JK. But I agree Dunk should get some too.

A bit? We all know what Dunk is REALLY asking for......

JK, JK. But I agree Dunk should get some too.

It would certainly help justify why I spend so much time on TFC instead of university...

It would certainly help justify why I spend so much time on TFC instead of university...

This made me realize that I'm spending too much time here and I'm not even a modder!

Damn...

This made me realize that I'm spending too much time here and I'm not even a modder!

Damn...

Well, you ARE working on Cubic Chunks....

Well, you ARE working on Cubic Chunks....

And now particle effects =]

Since CC is making me mad.

And now particle effects =]

Since CC is making me mad.

YAYA! What kind of particle effects? like falling leaves and such? And CC, don't be such a bitch to Leo...

YAYA! What kind of particle effects? like falling leaves and such? And CC, don't be such a bitch to Leo...

Just as a hobby, to see what can be done, yes, like I've said in the other thread. Don't know what Dunk is planning and I don't mean to get into his territory, he doesn't like that....

CC made my Eclipse mad about me, so I'm trying to conciliate things.

Just as a hobby, to see what can be done, yes, like I've said in the other thread. Don't know what Dunk is planning and I don't mean to get into his territory, he doesn't like that....

Ah yes, you wouldn't want to do that, you might have a

Posted Image

But I'm happy to see that you two are making up. CC AND PARTICLES GO!!!

I just can't work well with others in certain things. I outsource all the textures for mobs, but the models and AI/animation is all on me. I'd love to work with you and share thoughts on forests though.

I just can't work well with others in certain things. I outsource all the textures for mobs, but the models and AI/animation is all on me. I'd love to work with you and share thoughts on forests though.

Neither can I, in most programming things at least, not because I don't like it, I would love to, but it is tough to meet someone that shares the same logic, we put our reasoning into our work.

I was doing a reservoir simulator with a friend of mine, but it end up each one doing his version, because we could not work with each others code... I think that is the reason most modders work alone or very separete classes...

Heya dunk. Check your messenger inbox and see if it is working.

I would LOOOOVE to do textures on your mobs. LOVE LOVE LOVE to! Gimme a shot and I promise I wont disappoint... on purpose anyway. Lol