Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
godlike35

Workbench new slots and more

21 posts in this topic

Posted Image

Crafting Table must have additions slots in which can put tools for storage. Also need visual support for them on sides, like with meals-table.
Posted Image
8 slots, 2 on each side of block.

Think its pretty good fit into the mod:
Posted Image

And also new recipes for this. First, you need craft "table base":
Posted Image
Next u can craft deeper:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Just in case attached these pictures.
post-1815-0-08066100-1352898904_thumb.pnpost-1815-0-59056600-1352898903_thumb.pnpost-1815-0-09319800-1352898903_thumb.pnpost-1815-0-56157800-1352898902_thumb.pn

Read the topic name: Prepare to fire!

Read the post: Stand down, hes negotiating!

so basically what this is is turns the workbench into both storage AND makes crafting more... ~cough~ realistic ~cough~

not everyone is going to agree, but if this idea is thought out some more it can really turn to have been a gem in the rough.

This is a good idea, but it will break the compatibility with other mods because you can't craft other recipes. But not if Bioxx includes in the config an option to enable other recipes.

Put a tool rack on the side of a workbench AND WATCH THE MAGIC!

You can't.

You can't.
Still you can put it above. You have so easy assess with tool rack. Why putting it inside the workbench? It will be like putting tools inside chests.

Well that would be a lot easier for Bioxx to implement than an entire workbench overhaul.

Well that would be a lot easier for Bioxx to implement than an entire workbench overhaul.

Ah, you meant "as a feature to implement"?

Ah, you meant "as a feature to implement"?

I actually didn't know if it was possible or not. Most mods implement a Sneak-And-Place mechanic that I have gotten used to.

I actually didn't know if it was possible or not. Most mods implement a Sneak-And-Place mechanic that I have gotten used to.

No, I tried and you can't, but this would be cool. If you look the crafting table, it has 2 saws, 2 hammers and 2 tongs. You can make a better tier crafting table by placing tool racks in its sides, putting in the right tools (Different metal makes different outputs) and then you can craft until this tool breaks. If you use a tin tool, you can make less craft that with a wrought iron tool.

Id love to have tools like saw being stored by workbench :) maybe hammer too, if it sometime in future comes to be needed to craft plank blocks.

So, I will need to kill someone to make a workbench.

I normally don't kill animals I didn't raise. Except for sheep. They are annoying.

Personally I would prefer the workbench recipe stay the same, but crafting advanced materials requires advanced tools

This is a good idea, but it will break the compatibility with other mods because you can't craft other recipes. But not if Bioxx includes in the config an option to enable other recipes.

Well, it would require a different crafting mechanic thats for sure, but compatibility... just add with the vanilla recipe option in the config, not a big deal.

I like this idea!

To be quite honest, Eff compatibility with content mods. I know this isnt how it should be, but as it stands compatibility really no longer exists with them.

-spams like button repeatedly-

YEEEEEESSSS!

i've always thought that workbenches should need tools to be able to be worked on

and maybe, you can only do certain crafting recipies depending on what tools are on your bench

so like if you have an ax and a knife on your bench, you would be able to do recipies with wood and cloth and stuff like that, but nothing that requyires stone, because you would need a chisel or pick for that

YEEEEEESSSS!

*About to talk, shuts himself up* :|

It looks pretty nice, but i honestly think exactly the same as the others... why to do it when just a tool rack right in front of it does the work perfectly?

This is what i suggest myself: make crafting tables completely uncraftable. Removed? Oh, no, no, you can still make them, but not by crafting. How, then? well, you guys know i love tiers, so it's not hard to figure out they are involved here as well :P though, this time is much simpler (even when it can be much more complex) :

First step: temporal crafting surface. This is simply done by right clicking, with a hammer and an axe in your hot bar, in the upward side of any given block, this creating the temporal crafting surface. While it gives you the usual 3x3 crafting grid, you won't be able to craft anything too big or too heavy there, it will close automatically once you placed the resulting item in your inventory, and once you close the gui, the block is removed. As to which limits are these, i would say: any limit, as long as you are able to craft tool racks.

Second step: actual crafting table. Yep, as i said, it's not gone. You just won't be able to magically convert 4 wood planks blocks into the table. It's now in-world built structure, which consists in a wood planks block of any kind with 4 tool racks placed all around it. It will then "become" a crafting table (or at least function as one), and right clicking in top of it will open the GUI as always. Other than that, the OP principal suggestion is also implemented: you have to place the tools in the tools racks or in the GUI for you to craft stuff, crafting consumes durability of this tools.

This allows to keep compatibility while laughing at it's face, as we have done before, as the original crafting table is not deleted, but it's not craftable any more (unless the recipes conversion is activated in TFC's config file).

On initial read I really liked this idea. But after some thought... it's true, it's a bit redundant since making a tool rack is really just about the easiest thing to do, and it would break compatibility. I agree, it's totally more believable to toss a tool on your workbench when you're done with it, but I'm not sure it's ultimately worth the extra coding when the underlying functionality is already available, even if it takes a second or two longer to employ.

Jesus, am I really the only one with sense around here anymore?

Motherfucking search function people. Know what I typed in? 'Crafting table Tools'

Nothing unintuitive here guys.

And noodles, I'm disappointed in you for going along with this. I thought you knew better.

First post: Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

last post: Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

contents of first post offer similar ideas, however this one offers a different route.

I think even if the search bar was used that the decision would have been to not bump a thread thats ideas were far more simplified from this ones.

I'll expand on this besides it being a duplicate thread. My involves something I have previously mentioned so if it seems familiar that is why. In the players inventory there would be a 1x2 crafting grid meant only for basic assembly like putting a tool head on a stick. Any thing that is completely solid and you would consider one solid mass (wood/stone/a table/etc.) could be used as a 2x2 crafting table by right-clicking with your empty hand. The block must also be elevated above your own position.

3x3 is a furnished table which includes a plank block, cloth of some kind and two tool racks. The GUI is exactly what the previous two have except for one thing the eight outer slots are also buttons. So now instead of storage these become functional, once placed in their respective slots, the tools become locked in placed. When the button is click it becomes highlighted showing that this will now be used as the tool. Multiple tools may need to be selected for more complex recipes.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0