Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vlad

Better Chisel Curving

57 posts in this topic

I understand that capt_slowpoke wanted a way to replace chiseled blocks, now if you remove a small piece the whole block is gone, and you said the getting the block as it is would be impossible (true), what I suggested is a way to get part of the chiseled block back according to how much left of it, if you have 100 half chiseled blocks, now you would get 0 back, but in my way you get 50 back.

like you get loose rocks when you destroy your chiseled block so then you can craft the whole block back together??? Well this could work for cobble stone...

like you get loose rocks when you destroy your chiseled block so then you can craft the whole block back together??? Well this could work for cobble stone...

On the believable side of it, it's a little awkward.

How about this, totally adopt the mini blocks:

When you chisel the block you get the mini blocks of it, and you can also place them back, since smooth block are flying midair anyway, "gluing" them together shouldn't be a problem, think of it as building an actual 10x10x10 pile of smooth block, only with the ability to retrieve them all at once.

On the believable side of it, it's a little awkward.

How about this, totally adopt the mini blocks:

When you chisel the block you get the mini blocks of it, and you can also place them back, since smooth block are flying midair anyway, "gluing" them together shouldn't be a problem, think of it as building an actual 10x10x10 pile of smooth block, only with the ability to retrieve them all at once.

Nope, this falls back into the 511 block IDs thing because of the boundbox, you can't just make a block tiny and place it wherever you want it.

Nope, this falls back into the 511 block IDs thing because of the boundbox, you can't just make a block tiny and place it wherever you want it.

What falls?

Sure you can, same as you would place a normal block and curve all except the single tiny block.

No problems with this except doubling the amount of stone IDs (small and normal)

What falls?

Sure you can, same as you would place a normal block and curve all except the single tiny block.

No problems with this except doubling the amount of stone IDs (small and normal)

You must have a deeper knowledge about modding than me, please do show me how.

CUrrent blocks go into 10x10x10, not 8x8x8

Also, I wasn't supposed to mention that the feature was complete I got into trouble. everyone shut up so Bioxx doesn't see this.

Redpower's smallest miniblocks have determined positions in a 2x2x2 grid, so there is no 8x8x8 create how ever you want it.

http://i.imgur.com/cSJU7.png

this is done solely by RP2 microblocks

You must have a deeper knowledge about modding than me, please do show me how.

I see there is a misunderstanding but I'm not sure where.

Now you can curve smooth stones up to 10 times from each side, since I'm sure they don't remember the actual block as it is but instead save the block and where it has been curved (like I said before 18 bits of information at most) you can take it further and make it possible to curve piece by piece, that way we get 512 bits of information for each carved block (as we found it's already implemented).

To make it balanced each time you curve a mini block you get it as an item (each stone now has a mini block item), and then you can place it and lose the item.

No I'm not a modder but I do have a B.S degree in Computer Science and this seems trivial to me.

And this:

Posted Image

WOOOW...

What's that? Pizza tower straighten up?

WOOOW...

What's that? Pizza tower straighten up?

Yes, but I'm not the author.

EDIT: And it's called Pisa, not pizza.

Yes, but I'm not the author.

EDIT: And it's called Pisa, not pizza.

hmm leaning tower of pizza,

now THAT i want to see

hmm leaning tower of pizza,

now THAT i want to see

Posted Image

My life is complete

/dies

Am I the only one who twitched every time they read the OP 'curving' a chisel?

You'd have to be pretty fucking strong...

I interpreted the title as requesting the ability to create curved surfaces with the chisel.

Yeah.. I guess I used the wrong word there, I meant the cutting action..

Yeah.. I guess I used the wrong word there, I meant the cutting action..

Just realized you changed your avatar. From Bear Grylls?? to pixel miner guy with TFC ores.

100 000 cast points to whoever gets this reference and the blatantly obvious one in my sig!! Gotta get that candy....DAMMIT COLLARS!!!!!

And Eternal:

This Guy....

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbVmRT13dXY

Just realized you changed your avatar. From Bear Grylls?? to pixel miner guy with TFC ores.

100 000 cast points to whoever gets this reference and the blatantly obvious one in my sig!! Gotta get that candy....DAMMIT COLLARS!!!!!

No prob: http://www.bing.com/...5F0&FORM=IDFRIR

set a new record - 20 sec

Wut........WUT>???>>?? set a new record for what? I am confused...

Now me too..

I not sure about my english but this phrase:

"100 000 cast points to whoever gets this reference and the blatantly obvious one in my sig"

doesn't make any sense translating it using google translate

so I assumed you challenged to someone to get that link in the spoiler in your sig.. and I did it.. in 20 sec

Now me too..

I not sure about my english but this phrase:

"100 000 cast points to whoever gets this reference and the blatantly obvious one in my sig"

doesn't make any sense translating it using google translate

so I assumed you challenged to someone to get that link in the spoiler in your sig.. and I did it.. in 20 sec

OoooooH. No. The troll spoiler has NOTHING to do with it. And the phrase. It probably won't have any meaning in any language except maybe Japanese. MAYBE. There are 2 references in that post. One in the post, and the other which is very obvious (that it is a reference, not what it is) and in my signature.

OoooooH. No. The troll spoiler has NOTHING to do with it. And the phrase. It probably won't have any meaning in any language except maybe Japanese. MAYBE. There are 2 references in that post. One in the post, and the other which is very obvious (that it is a reference, not what it is) and in my signature.

nvm, it's just that when the english is almost correct (or I don't know the word or phrase) I'm able to completely reshape and misunderstand the meaning..

nvm, it's just that when the english is almost correct (or I don't know the word or phrase) I'm able to completely reshape and misunderstand the meaning..

You wouldn't get it unless you know the reference. I mean, you would be able to understand what it is talking about, or the words, but the actaual meaning requires you to get the reference.

You don't need to know that much anime to realize the first quote in TASE signature is from Full Metal Alchemist :

(Hey, all seeing eye, which don't you add something with startingh with "r" at the end of your name? so i can call you "TASER" :3)