Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

Greetings from a new guy *With questions!*

47 posts in this topic

Once upon a time I ran past herd of bears, about twenty of them in one place. Would've been sad if they had their correct AI at the time.

Once upon a time I ran past herd of bears, about twenty of them in one place. Would've been sad if they had their correct AI at the time.

What armour (if any o_O) did you have? xD

Yep, textures and models are being changed. This was more of a test.

Do bears drop anything? I saw one once, but this was before I knew that their AI wasn't correct, so I was scared to go and kill it, in fear that it would come and maul me to death. The wiki says stuff like they follow meat or whatever. So I was wondering. Do they drop anything? and What are the plans for bears?

What armour (if any o_O) did you have? xD

Nothing. My buff round buttocks don't count as armour, do they? I was searching for a good place to call home right after the start, on my third day.

As far as I know, bears don't drop anything.

Good morning all,

At least its morning here.

Thank you for all the wonderful and informative replies. I can now adjust my expectation of the terrafirmacraft experience accordingly.

I would also like to announce my first great milestone, I have made a bismuth pick and taken dominance as the only metal worker in the world!

Bob23

Good morning all,

At least its morning here.

Thank you for all the wonderful and informative replies. I can now adjust my expectation of the terrafirmacraft experience accordingly.

I would also like to announce my first great milestone, I have made a bismuth pick and taken dominance as the only metal worker in the world!

Bob23

In yours, you mean :P

Congratulations! Copper age here you come! Keep an eye out for flux in your travels, though.

Congratulations! Copper age here you come! Keep an eye out for flux in your travels, though.

To clarify this, you wont ACTUALLY find flux by itself in the world. You can make flux in 2 ways. Either Borax (a mineral which is like an ore, can find it underground) and a hammer in a crafting table, or one of the four flux stones and a hammer in a crafting table.

The four flux stones are chalk, dolomite, limestone, and iirc marble.

EDIT: I loved the feeling of triumph when I made my first tin pickaxe all those months ago....

To clarify this, you wont ACTUALLY find flux by itself in the world. You can make flux in 2 ways. Either Borax (a mineral which is like an ore, can find it underground) and a hammer in a crafting table, or one of the four flux stones and a hammer in a crafting table.

The four flux stones are chalk, dolomite, limestone, and iirc marble.

Good clarification, thank you. Though there are worse things than wandering the world looking for something that doesn't exist. Think of the adventure!

A lot off topic, but I was thinking that your name is similar to bsb23 that is another forum user.

Good clarification, thank you. Though there are worse things than wandering the world looking for something that doesn't exist. Think of the adventure!

Also, make a prospector's pick ASAP. When you are walking around with it, right click on the ground with it. You never know what goodies you can find while doing that. You know the small ore nuggets you get when breaking rocks? Remember those spots and prospect there. Often there is a nice ore vein under that rock.

A lot off topic, but I was thinking that your name is similar to bsb23 that is another forum user.

Wolf, this was already discussed early on in the thread. But at least their avatars are different.

*Looks at new guys name, looks at his own* Well this could get confusing.

Yep, textures and models are being changed. This was more of a test.

Thanks about the deer :) and nope, they're actually enormous already! TFC bears are scaled up 1.5 times from a grizzly. Average height of a grizzly is 1 m at the shoulder 0.o things in mc just look tiny because of the ungodly large player (your head is half a metre across .__.)

Yeah we had the new sounds but rogue sorta dropped off the face of the earth so a lot of mob dev kinda halted :/

Oh... Too bad you don't know anyone who has a studio and stuff and is on board with helping you guys out with music and sound files and stuff.... ..... Yea...... Otherwise that would be awesome... O-o

Ahem...

And stuff....

:P

Oh... Too bad you don't know anyone who has a studio and stuff and is on board with helping you guys out with music and sound files and stuff.... ..... Yea...... Otherwise that would be awesome... O-o

Ahem...

And stuff....

:P

Ignored developer was ignored.

From what i have seen of your songs (around 3 of them? i haven't played a lot lately) , i think you would make wonderful sounds for the mod as well :3

From what i have seen of your songs (around 3 of them? i haven't played a lot lately) , i think you would make wonderful sounds for the mod as well :3

Here's Menoch, growling in the microphone, making sounds for howler monkeys, that were added lately.

I understand that it won't be like that, but it's a funny thing to think of.

Also, there's five songs.

Also, there's five songs.

Yes, i know, i readed the changelog :P but i have only heard 2 of them as of right now...

I changed my name. Its not often that I get to be just the "Bob" on a forum, thus the 23...

I have another question.

I understand that different food plants like different latitudes. Too hot or too cold and they will not grow.

Do all food plants follow the same same temp scale? ie everything will grow between 5000 and 15000, or do each type of plant have their own range?

Likewise, same question with fruit trees.

The reason I ask is that while I have found wild plants near spawn (approx z of 10000) but not all of them seem to want to grow after planted in the same area.

Thanks again in advance,

Bob

Hmmm...I may have answered my own question...

I think they are affected by season. They need to be close to water. Whatever, you should always note that TFC crops will take a complete TFC year to grow. By default the year is set in 96 days (or something like that...). You can change that in the config.

Oh, yeah, and the hotter the ambient is, the faster they grow (you can check the temperature by pressing F3)

and

Posted ImageStarcitsura, on 18 November 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

I can confirm at -15k Green Apple and Cherry Trees do function properly. Thus I presume that fruit trees are not affected by temperature.

This will be changing. Dunk confirmed in another thread that this is not supposed to happen; it's what I meant by randomly generated plants not acting accordingly. They're just dealing with more critical stuff first.

Another question..

Are sequoia forests a rare thing? The one I spawned into seems huge.

Bob

Another question..

Bob

Yep, they are in fact very rare : that's lucky...

actual sequoia seem to be pretty rare, Kopak is pretty common, I managed to pick up a sequoia sapling on an island in the middle of nowhere though which is kind of neat, it seems that's the only tree on any of the islands between here and the equator.

Screen shots are on my work computer. So following the seed rules in the seed forum I cant post the seed...over there...

the seed "Caveman" , without the quotes of course, spawned me on a hill in the redwoods, go up over the hill a bit to find the forest.

Enjoy

Bob

Another question..

Bob

Yeah like what JAG said, they're rare, but when you find a sequoia forest...there are something like at least 20 sequoias in a sequoia forest.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Its a really pretty area, but the trees make huge shadows for critters to hide in.