Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Mexahoid

Suggestion: barrels!

43 posts in this topic

you guys probably would like to read about Michel Lotito.

according to wikipedia he ate 18 bicycles, 15 shopping carts, 7 TVs, 6 chandeliers, 2 beds, 1 pair of skis, a cessna aeroplane, a coffin and 400 meters worth of chain!

How do you post images without getting the 'You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community' error??

-Sda209

P.S. - WTF Did I just read?!?!

Ignore this post, please.

@ Greenleaf Whittier: I heard of him in the GBWR

well the metal eater is true, but did no one think about lead poisoning? or arsenicum for that matter,

about oil: i'm going to presume dunk was talking about animal oils, in combination with his planned nautical update it'd fit, which could be used for the cleaning of leather into different colours, among lots of other stuff

you guys probably would like to read about Michel Lotito.

according to wikipedia he ate 18 bicycles, 15 shopping carts, 7 TVs, 6 chandeliers, 2 beds, 1 pair of skis, a cessna aeroplane, a coffin and 400 meters worth of chain!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Y U NO EDIT PREVIOUS POST WITH PICTURE1

Now that sounds just plain creepy, to be honest with you, Mr. Just_Another_Guy_ :)

-Sda209

Apparently you still don't know me well enough, Mr. Sda209... I'm always creepy :) hence the irony of my nickname.

Y U NO USE COOL AVENGERS QUOTE:

well thats my secret SDA.....i'm always creepy

well the metal eater is true, but did no one think about lead poisoning? or arsenicum for that matter,

about oil: i'm going to presume dunk was talking about animal oils, in combination with his planned nautical update it'd fit, which could be used for the cleaning of leather into different colours, among lots of other stuff

olive oil?

bugger, i forgot plant oils too :D but what most people are PROBABLY thinking about when you say oil = the black stuff we use in the modern world, not the cookable food oil ;D

Apparently you still don't know me well enough, Mr. Sda209... I'm always creepy :) hence the irony of my nickname.

Y U NO USE COOL AVENGERS QUOTE:

well thats my secret SDA.....i'm always creepy

Posted Image

Wow. I think that the suggestion became discussion about oil :)

So I think barrels can be used like IRL: tank for wine (it need grapes(CO!)) water, beer, whisky and other.

I wonder what material was used for the tracks in this thread that caused such a terrible derail...

isnt beer n stuff already confirmed?

Compleining about derail and then adding to it. :rolleyes:

Barrels were actually used for multitude of uses. They should be able to store pretty much everything:

Coal, apples, wood splinters, all forms of liquid and vegetables like cabbage.

Barrels should also have a unique feature of sour cabbage, or what ever you call it. For that you have to put cabbage in the barrel (With possibly other ingredients) and submerge it under water for a period of time.

Bins/crates are used often because they are a lot easier to make then barrels and don't require as much metal (For the rings), which makes them a lot more air/water-tight.

So basically a barrel is a bin, that require metal and is harder to make, but can store liquids in addition to what crates can store.

Unfortunately, this suggestion of yours has already been discussed. Also, Mr. Bioxx desires a different kind of cooling mechanic for quenching ingots other than barrels full of water. Impressive Game User Interface and recipe, by the way. One more thing... WHAT THE BLOODY BULLETS IS THAT ABOMINATION ON YOUR PROFILE IMAGE (by abomination, I mean that creepy-smiling canine)?!?!

-Sda209

P.S. - It is best if you search around the suggestions forum by using the search bar in the top right corner. Other than that...

Welcome to the Terra Firma Craft Forums, Mr. Mexahoid!

(Is that copyrighted by someone else?)

GUI means "Graphic User Interface".

and I don't know if quenching will be a real thing :/

We'd have to rewrite the cooling mechanic (I'd rather it be based on heat capactity and a rough calculation for heat radiation/conduction)

Along with what dunk just said, doesn't a chest already cool it as fast as the original suggestion, if not faster?

Also, good job with total derailment in less then a day

*attempts to start an aplause*

GUI means "Graphic User Interface".

and I don't know if quenching will be a real thing :/

We'd have to rewrite the cooling mechanic (I'd rather it be based on heat capactity and a rough calculation for heat radiation/conduction)

Thank you for correcting my misconception, Mister Dunkleosteus. Rewrite the entire cooling mechanic? Well, you might make definite improvements to the mechanic, but, base on my rough programming language of Java, it would consume too much time and difficult to code. Instead, why not fit the quenching mechanic to fit the current cooling mechanic? Unless... that is difficult to code as well.

Along with what dunk just said, doesn't a chest already cool it as fast as the original suggestion, if not faster?

Also, good job with total derailment in less then a day

*attempts to start an aplause*

I have no coherent clue, Mister Ultraboomer, and I have a feeling I will be the Official Forum Derailment-Assassin- Hitman-Mercenary-Agent-Gentleman-Scientist at the rate of derailing threads in less than a day.