Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
killster550

Oceans

Oceans   38 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think about the current ocean sizes in TFC

• I like them as they are
    • I would like them if they had better boats
    • They need to be smaller
    • They need to be bigger
    • i'll wait and see what new content gets added first
    • No opinion because i dont know why

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 posts in this topic

NO DERAILS OR I WILL EAT YOUR LIMBS!

ahahahhahhhhhh.... so naive, so innocent, so soft and easily torn asunder....

Oceans are totally and completely awesome. If anything, they could be bigger, but in that case I suggest better boats (as has been discussed at length).

I second the desire for amazing and wonderful sea life, but I wait for Bioxx's inspiration and updates.

ahahahhahhhhhh.... so naive, so innocent, so soft and easily torn asunder....

guys can i translate this as, killster550, run the f*ck away before you are completely obliterated by this evil woman?

guys can i translate this as, killster550, run the f*ck away before you are completely obliterated by this evil woman?

Nah... that was just an advise, if she wanted to get rid of you, well, you wouldn't post again... ever...

I was thinking to abysses...and abyssal fishes.

Posted Image

And also the goblin shark. I know that I'm insisting too much in this, but it's too scary and it needs to be implemented.

Posted Image

I kinda like oceans the size they are now. Sure, it's really annoying when you realize that you didn't place your bed right and you spawn back at the world's spawnpoint, 15k away from your base next to a huge gold/sphalarite mine... But it's nice to get that feeling of true isolation on a server. Except when you want to trade some of that gold. Then it isn't nice.

It's a love-hate thing, I guess.

the only thing I would change to oceans is making them deeper. MUCH deeper. preferably at least twice. I dont want to be able to freedive even with smart moving without some MAJOR preparation

Yeah, twice is a good depth, because the world is taller now. But I think that we need, sometimes, very very deep parts of the sea. Not only for abysses, but also to add some mystery to the world. Also, there should be a different type of sand there, because the pressure is stronger. But the problem is that Steve doesn't have something to use to resist at that pressure, then, how could we reach the deepest part of the sea?

ignore the pressure, just break water meals ;D

thats what the GAME requirement should be.

edit: Typo: break was supposed to 'bring'

oops XD

'cause it's my f+cking opinion, and if i don't feel like explaining it, i don't have to? :

Don't know, i just... love the seas. It's so calm, navigating... and with MEnoch's trcks, it feels adventurous as well. If i could build a REAL pirate boat and use it, i could play TFC as a red steel pirate :D/>/>/>/> governating the seas... AWESOME.

Now, the thing is, i usually get crashes in multiplayer and then i just die form drowning... :

Lol. My magick will make you sail the seven seas and love it!

I think that oceans, ponds, lakes, and other bodies of water should support their own ecology in tfc... Eventually. A new use for javelins? Spearfishing tuna and salmon!!! Woohoo!

Oceanic and waterbased plantlife are not only useful, aaaaand... also offer hiding places for fish (good fishing spots from both land and boats), but offer a visual aesthetic adding ambience to the world. Like reefs and kelp...

It doesnt have to be much either... Only up to a certain level below the surface of water.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0