Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
VonZeeple

Grinding Wheel

11 posts in this topic

Just a quick suggestion...

a grinding wheel:

Posted Image

Could sharp weapons or tools, adding a non permanent damage/efficiency bonus. Items could have the mention "sharpened" under their name, like "Dyed" with armors for example.

I honestly think this is way too oversuggested... ._.

It's also mentioned in hundreds of other threads that have anything to do with crafting, metalurgy, combat, mining etc...

And frankly, I think it's not necessary.

idk i think its a good idia. swords and stuff are a bit underpowered last time i played but that was a couple of updates ago

In my defence, my sugestion is more precise than ideas evoked in previous topics. But we can talk in a general way about using the minecraft engine that allows to make "custom" tools/weapon/armor, by changing color, enchanting etc...

In my defence, my sugestion is more precise than ideas evoked in previous topics. But we can talk in a general way about using the minecraft engine that allows to make "custom" tools/weapon/armor, by changing color, enchanting etc...

Well, after reading the topics i linked, i can say at least one of them has the idea a little more developed than what has been done here, in respect of repairing/sharpening or in general making weapons and tools better by a grinding wheel.

Honestly, i never got why you require making an anvil and killing enough mobs just to give your own names to stuff, in vanilla minecraft... you need to kill things and afford something expensive to use your imagination and call something the way you want to? doesn't sounds as a good message at all :| i think you should be able to give names to things right after you start. Maybe by placing what you want to change the name of in the crafting grid alone? i don't know...

About the colouring mechanic, it's only extended to wool and leather armor in vanilla. Could it be even more extended? yes, and i think it would be nice to have such thing in TFC... later on, when they start to work on the more aesthetic stuff. Right now they have better things to concentrate in, like the apparently close-by construction update, than aesthetic aspects.

And about enchanting, i myself made a really long thread about this, around the time EternalUndeath made his tiny tweaks metathread; and that's only the first mention ever posted of enchanting, a lot more suggestions like mine arised.

I rather like the idea of sharpening a weapon to so more damage. I would however think that only weapons without a durability hit should be able to be sharpened, and it should also shorten the durability of said weapon.

it would be nice menoch, but I asked bioxx about this a while ago and he said no

it would be nice menoch, but I asked bioxx about this a while ago and he said no

nuff said.

And there ya have it ladles and gentlemints!

He also said no to the weapons/combat/everything combat like swords and that awesome post idea you made about blacksmith reworking and sword weight. Right?

Anyway, I wonder what your personal opinion on this is? Just wondering. Not that it will raise the chance that it is going to make it into the mod, as a "no" from Bioxx, from what I know, is a definite no.

I'm guessing yes.

I think that the only use of this item would be making swords and axes un-usable before sharpening, like was the case in Gothic 1 and 2.

And it's a bit too much work on one item with such limited and unnecessary functionality.