Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Warlord2150

SMP: Prisons

36 posts in this topic

player to player if I kill you you can come back and kill me. Player to greifer if I kill you you get locked in a jail cell until someone gets you out. Im a greifer and so are my buddies and guess what... we are camping at the prison and you cant get broken out because anyone that tries dies and looses their awesome diamond level gear.

all I see in this idea is the ultimate greifer tool.

player to player if I kill you you can come back and kill me. Player to greifer if I kill you you get locked in a jail cell until someone gets you out. Im a greifer and so are my buddies and guess what... we are camping at the prison and you cant get broken out because anyone that tries dies and looses their awesome diamond level gear.

all I see in this idea is the ultimate greifer tool.

if the griefer infestation ever gets THAT bad, where there are more of them than the regular players, then you're going to need moderators to ban them all anyway.

Yeah, I agree. If your server has such a griefing problem, Id try whitelisting a little more conservatively. Furthermore, you cant leave out potentially good features out of fear of something that might happen on some servers.

I know that's all you see, you've stated that, but that's not what has happened on Civcraft, the only server I've seen attempt this.

Griefing isn't against the rules, nobody is banned except for hacks and people still manage to play in a world not overrun by griefers.

For one reason, griefers don't cooperate with anyone for long, they'll piss eachother off kill eachother, take care of themselves, then there are the players willing to rescue you, it's almost impossible to NOT find one if you've been captured without reason.

So, your gut feeling is against the only experience I've had with the idea.

If we had some other people with experiences it'd be nice to see how they differ. But from what I've actually experienced you're just straight wrong.

It's called anarchy =P there is ways to fix it and if you are ruled or overshadowed by an extremely powerful "greifer" that is called a tyranny. Our object here is to prevent greifers from logging on buying flint and steel, then torching a forest, then logging off while discouraged we shouldn't prevent them from working rigorously to create a malevolent empire if they are that good they deserve to be in power.

There are already a lot of good strategies to prevent griefing. And the most effective is the auto-save. With this you can ban the griefer and reload the safe save. All will be like if nothing was happened.

'if the griefer infestation ever gets THAT bad'

obviously your under the idea that all greifers work alone. I know a few greifer teams and they can be VERY organized in an attack taking a solid week to prepare for a full out assault.

look, if this idea is all that great to you, make a plugin when development leaves beta and go for it for your own server. I do not agree with such an obviously flawed system. This system is great irl, but on a game where death means literally nothing it has no effect.

the system you continue to push for is not a system all servers could want and putting it in the core game can and will push players away.

Is an obviously flawed idea obviously flawed when in practice it works flawlessly? Or do you have experience you haven't mentioned?

There are already a lot of good strategies to prevent griefing. And the most effective is the auto-save. With this you can ban the griefer and reload the safe save. All will be like if nothing was happened.

That method does literally nothing to prevent griefing, helps recover from it, but it won't stop them if they just come onto a server to grief.

+1 prison pearl.

I'm going to have to agree with renadi, the system works with one of the most fleshed out, popular, and populated servers. TFC's problem is that the playerbase isn't that big, and probably won't be TBH.

When you have 90-130 active players at any given time, then you could get some results from meta-game avenues. If no one is there to save you, then you are stuck in the end.

All this is irrelevant, unless TFC becomes compatible with bukkit, or they write their own similar system.

Well, I think that's what this thread was supposed to do, convince them to.. do something.

Dunk's specifically said lasso's wouldn't be useable on other players, but I think that's probably something that could be changed.

Judging the Minecraft community by the forums or youtube one would think Civcraft was pretty niche but they've managed to do quite well. I'm sure primarily by having one main server. But I imagine there are a ton of people looking for TFC that just have no clue it exists.

They proposed a test of TFC until someone mentioned that it wasn't compatible with bukkit, which I don't think is coming >_<

renadi, thats why we have youtubers such as Spumwack spreading the word :D