Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ECC

laddars

24 posts in this topic

Make this work:

Posted Image

is that retextured vines?

i hope it could be done! it's a good idea.

no, its built in 'plank' items. I edited it a little and added a detailed block above it after the screenshot was taken

:wacko: (That awkward moment when you realise you don't understand the post and therefore, have probably missed something important in the game mechanics.)

Ahhh cool! But shouldn't this be in the discussions forum? LOL, but Really cool idea. Do they work? Like can you actually climb up them?

no, this is in the ideas forum as I am asking for this to work in game as a laddar. lol.

Oh..you should probably put that in the OP. :P

and get rid of the vanilla ladder, sounds like a great idea!

Don't get rid of the vanilla ladder, just allow this to work like the stone ladders.

and get rid of the vanilla ladder, sounds like a great idea!

I'm torn.

I like the idea this thread proposes, but I don't like it replacing ladders (as it would in practice).

Perhaps if vanilla ladders were to change into rope ladders that's constructed from above, instead of being able to be constructed from the bottom as well (as ladders currently can be), that would do it. It would also make it harder, especially if you only allow the top of the ladder to be placed on edges of blocks and expanded downwards by adding a ladder on the existing ladder. Like scaffolds in tekkit, but downwards.

This would mean that you would be able to completely destroy the (rope)ladder by removing the top of it. Like vines when the top vine is the only one connected to a block.

Like a lot of vanilla blocks, the ladder is "too good" as it is in my opinion.

I'm torn.

I like the idea this thread proposes, but I don't like it replacing ladders (as it would in practice).

Perhaps if vanilla ladders were to change into rope ladders that's constructed from above, instead of being able to be constructed from the bottom as well (as ladders currently can be), that would do it. It would also make it harder, especially if you only allow the top of the ladder to be placed on edges of blocks and expanded downwards by adding a ladder on the existing ladder. Like scaffolds in tekkit, but downwards.

This would mean that you would be able to completely destroy the (rope)ladder by removing the top of it. Like vines when the top vine is the only one connected to a block.

Like a lot of vanilla blocks, the ladder is "too good" as it is in my opinion.

... Isn't that a bit like Ropes+'s ropes work? o.o

This does work, let me get an example.

http://imgur.com/K4RUr

This is with full bars of stone. There is probably a way to make this smaller, but I didn't feel like doing too much chisel work.

This works with the smallest pieces of blocks too.

http://imgur.com/IPLUo

Confirmed, works with wood. The mini-block needs to be on the last 18th of the block

Only works when they are made with the slab mode.

I am guessing the game still thinks the block is a slab, so it tries to climb up it. With the blocks being 18 thick, it acts as a ladder. Either that or the devs are godlike.

This seems a good idea, but it would be extremely slow to do a single ladder block. And also you would need a lot of resources, like a whole wooden plank and some durability of the chisel (Or whatever you use to mske the ladder).

And also, a player needs an alternative when he quickly needs ladders. Maybe you could chisel them like ladders, but when you remove the chiselled block, it would give you a ladder block. Because it's better if you can prepare the ladders for every evenience, like when you're followed by a pack of wolves (This COULD come in the future).

One plank per step isn't so bad, and the ones on the side are just detail, I think this is much better than the weird ladders we have now.

sand, this does NOT work, I am using plank and detailed blocks to do this. What this proposes is allowing highly detailed structures to work as foot and handholds.

Not just the slabs

laddars

i'm finding it rather hard to resist the urge to burn you right now...

but otherwise it's a good idea

laddars

i'm finding it rather hard to resist the urge to burn you right now...

but otherwise it's a good idea

·-· But you are a Gardevoir... Didn't you meant, i don't know, "the urge to use Psybeam on you", or "use Confusion..."?

/pokemon_geek

·-· But you are a Gardevoir... Didn't you meant, i don't know, "the urge to use Psybeam on you", or "use Confusion..."?

/pokemon_geek

-bashes pickaxe through all of his hydra heads-

Stop, do not get into one of thease derails... I know I misspelled it and now I can not change it. Get over it.

Not to sound rude, but actually, you CAN. Edit your post, and click "Use Full Editor".

Hmm, must have been fixed. going to leave it as is anyhow.

Hmm, must have been fixed. going to leave it as is anyhow.

Are you leaving it for some emphasis!? Crazy crazy...

I think it would be tough to calculate whether or not carvings like that would be traversable vertically like a ladder. I can see how it could detect if a slab was small enough to be climbed upon (like it already does), but this is a lot more intricate (...if I'm seeing it right. It looks like the whole ladder is at the same depth to the wall). The only way I could see this working is if you laid down the vertical parts first, then the rungs on the next level out from the wall. Then the game could detect (like it does for chiseled stone) that the wood planks are traversable so you'd be able to climb up.

actually its me using in the image the 'plank' item

actually its me using in the image the 'plank' item

I think then, if they could have horizontal planks acquire the same attributes that chiseled stone does to make them climbable like ladders, that would be neat. But again, yours seems really busy, and to make it work smoothly I ASSUME you would need just one horizontal plank per stone face. IDK though.