Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

[Offline] Roanoke: A grey listed, modified, TFC server.

250 posts in this topic

Zeayto

Welcome to Roanoke

Server crashed at 10.15 am pacific time :/ It must be noted that a lively discussion regarding sequoia trees was ongoing at the time. It would seem obvious that someone was fooling about with them. Please note that there is a message on the server that says in so many words LEAVE THE F*CKING THINGS ALONE!!!

The server is down. And I am quite sure it was my fault.

I removed 2 leaf blocks from a sequoia ( not wood, leaves) , because I wanted to see if the trunk continued below the leaves. Considering that all the warnings I had were about cutting sequoias, I thought a few leaves would be safe, but it seems I was deeply wrong.

I apologize to everyone who won't be able to play tonight :(

It would be a serious benefit if this bug were addressed in the next update.

Sweet. Thank you powers that be. Sorry to Andrea too, my comment was not addressed at you just the "annoyia sequoia".

Hi all, My IGN is leer72

I used to play MC vanilla for a while but wanted something a little harder! I began playing Dwarf Fortress (which is tough but good!) because I like the whole "start out with nothing" challenge.

I found TFC only last week & love it, but I've been playing single-player and it gets a bit boring!

This looks like a good community of mature people, so I would love to join.

Cheers, Lee

leer72,

Welcome to Roanoke

Roanoke now has a subreddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/TFCRoanoke/

Should make a good place for extra content not suitable for this thread like screenshot contests, showing off your town, recruiting, quest discussion and server suggestions.

So I cut a sequoia with a high tier axe with 3 players on. Still crashes the server so I apologize and suggest that the server message be corrected to DON'T TOUCH THE EVIL PLANT SPAWN OF SATAN WITH ANYTHING LESS THAN THE MERCIFUL HAND OF MOD!

rather, the message should be changed to avoid touching the leaves of sequoias. I said it in game earlier... insolenthalo's hypotesis is correct: it is the leaves that crash, not the log. proof of that is when I crashed the server by just cutting the leaves, without touching logs.

sequoias with few leaves would probably be safer, but that is something I am not testing unless an admin is on

How many days have I been at sea in that punt! I'll never get the salt out of my hair!!

and the server crashed just when you were so close to the coast :(

and the server crashed just when you were so close to the coast :(

I do not see a readme in it.

yea. it was missed when we zipped up the file. Its pretty easy though, just add the files to the appropriate customnpc sub directory.

where is the customnpc pack directory?

resources was easy enough, but no such thing as "pack" in customnpc zip file.

customnpcs -> packs : this is where skins go, they should remain in a .zip file

customnpcs -> resources -> music : this is where the .ogg files should go (for music!)

Just to clarify a little bit :D

Using the skycity transport caused me to crash.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at jamiewood.lantern.client.RenderLanternHook.a(RenderLanternHook.java:15)

at bdw.a(SourceFile:103)

at bdw.a(SourceFile:96)

at bav.a(RenderGlobal.java:522)

at ban.a(EntityRenderer.java:1585)

at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:1121)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:882)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I think this is the pertinent information. If not I have the rest saved.

Edit: I'm also having trouble with skins and music. I have the customnpc .zip file in my mod folder and have added the packs and resources folder as per the above post. People are still freakishly white with strange hair.

Using the skycity transport caused me to crash.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at jamiewood.lantern.client.RenderLanternHook.a(RenderLanternHook.java:15)

at bdw.a(SourceFile:103)

at bdw.a(SourceFile:96)

at bav.a(RenderGlobal.java:522)

at ban.a(EntityRenderer.java:1585)

at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:1121)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:882)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I think this is the pertinent information. If not I have the rest saved.

Edit: I'm also having trouble with skins and music. I have the customnpc .zip file in my mod folder and have added the packs and resources folder as per the above post. People are still freakishly white with strange hair.

I was getting that error as well. But others were not. Once in game i'll go replace all the lanterns and hooks.

also, the filefolder your looking for is not the mod itself its

.minecraft/customnpc/packs

.minecraft/customnpc/resources/music

the actual "packs" directory may not exist until you install folder.

YOYO if you read this, add me to whitelist for White Rock PLZ! Or if anyone else could help me.

Been trying to build a statue for the entrance of White Rock, but I'm out of mats and tools. : (

Hi, my IGN is path0mango.

I have had experience playing on the terrakingdoms server. I would like to play on a more active server, so I am applying for the whitelist for Roanoke.