Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

Unbalanced Wall recipe (build 75)

13 posts in this topic

In creative mode I noticed that it't possible to create walls with many types and form of stone. So in my survival game, I decided to make some pieces of wall to make the top of my forge/bloomery chimney (good looking and prevent mobs from entering by the chimney)... however, the recipe is not exactly the same as in Vanilla. Well, the recipe is the same, but not the number of wall pieces created. You only get one piece of wall out of the original 6 pieces of stone.

In my opinion, it's odd that you need 6 pieces of stone to make one piece of wall (instead of 6 pieces like in Vanilla). I can not imagine any valid argument to support this recipe.

I guess it could be a quick fix for build 76.

You mean stone brick wall? You can make that with a 1 to 1 ratio using rocks and a chisel.

As the vanilla wall has some good mechanics, but terrafirma usually requires the use of a chisel to achieve the desired effect may I suggest that vanilla recipe is modified to give 6 wall pieces but that the chisel is req'd and take wear damage? This should also reduce some of the system overheads caused by lots of chiselled blocks.

You mean stone brick wall? You can make that with a 1 to 1 ratio using rocks and a chisel.

I think you're thinking of stone bricks, not walls. You cannot make a wall without six full pieces. As such, they aren't very practical for use.

I think you're thinking of stone bricks, not walls. You cannot make a wall without six full pieces. As such, they aren't very practical for use.

I talk about wall. Same recipe and mechanic as fence but using cobblestone in vanilla. Can make these with many TFC blocks.

Chisseled block can be jumped over, not walls. Adding chissel to the recipe sound good enough. Or even change it for a recipe like the support beam with 2 stone and chisel.

I talk about wall. Same recipe and mechanic as fence but using cobblestone in vanilla. Can make these with many TFC blocks.

Chisseled block can be jumped over, not walls. Adding chissel to the recipe sound good enough. Or even change it for a recipe like the support beam with 2 stone and chisel.

It might be a good idea to work on your grammar a little, just saying.

It seems like English probably isn't his/her primary language, I wouldn't jump to attacking their grammar so fast.

As far as he/she is saying, I completely agree. The stone "wall" blocks can be emulated using a chisel on just one stone brick block with the detail mode, so I really see no reason for the recipe that requires six blocks to only produce one "wall" block.

The only difference is, you can jump over a chiseled brick wall. :)

It seems like English probably isn't his/her primary language, I wouldn't jump to attacking their grammar so fast.

Thanks, in fact French is my primary language.

I have nothing else to say. Will wait for a possible change in future version.

Maybe completely remove the recipe. Instead, after you chisel a stone block to a specific shape, it basically turns into the respective stone type wall. It would fix the unbalanced recipe and it would reduce lag caused by too many chisel blocks.

Maybe completely remove the recipe. Instead, after you chisel a stone block to a specific shape, it basically turns into the respective stone type wall. It would fix the unbalanced recipe and it would reduce lag caused by too many chisel blocks.

I think that getting it to the right shape would be more complicated than just increasing the yield and adding chisel-damage to the recipe

I think that getting it to the right shape would be more complicated than just increasing the yield and adding chisel-damage to the recipe

Ahh, but how do you expect to shape a stone block without chiseling it? That would subtract from the realism of it all.

Ahh, but how do you expect to shape a stone block without chiseling it? That would subtract from the realism of it all.

I don't think anyone in the world actually carves stone in situ to create a wall, these are all approximations for a game.