Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SierraKhaar

Stairs, slabs etc.

12 posts in this topic

I was thrilled to see so many wood types and stone types.

One big thing is missing tho IMO for the creative minecrafter.

And that's stairs/slabs etc. version of every new stone/wood too.

Maybe not something this mod really needs now, but I think it would be quite simple to quick slip in the next release =).

It would be awesome for us creative survivalists AND when people post what they have done in TFC, people will ask or see which mod has all those diffrent wood/stone types.

Maybe have competitions on the site using TFC blocks?

Anyway, thanks for an awesome mod.

And if you guys need an amateur pixel artist to work for free, give me a PM ;).

*Running off to survive*

i do have a comment but i am ay too tired to think of what it was, tommarrow morning, well it will be sunset but morning for me, i will be sure to write it when i wake up, something yo do with masonary work and carpentry

Trying to say you need some sort of crafting table to do them?

Awesome... but why cant they just add them first? ;)

Trying to say you need some sort of crafting table to do them?

Awesome... but why cant they just add them first? ;)

didn't say they can't just add them first, but i would just be sure to add in a what to do after they have been implemented, so they could at first be made regularly, then later, in a later update or beta, they simply alter how you get them so that it takes time and skill to craft stone into useful and beautiful items, and at least some skill to make wood into useful things, i would love to see furniature, im sure they could be used for something, or atleast be a cool decortaive block. plus i don't think that player should get blocks of planks, they should get an item called a plank and be abloe to craft them into blocks, that actualy makes sence rather then getting several bundles of planks from a log, cause in reality you can take a log an suddenly have a 3 times as much wood, just from cutting it up with a saw

I agree. I think there should be colored stairs, slabs, and whatever else. The decoration possibilities are awesome.

I think you should need a saw to make stairs/slabs. Perhaps the same crafting recipes with logs as the axe has. Or, you could make a recipe that needs them in 3x3 crafting grid, so you could add more things (like fenceposts).

I really, really want the colors to match though :P

Addition to the idea!

To make stairs, fences, slabs, doors and ladders you first need to create a Sawmill (out of a bunch of planks and maybe some stone?).

All you need is a sawmill and a saw to put in the tool slot (like the anvil).

You need a hammer and nails to make stairs from wooden planks cut by a saw blade. :|

You need a hammer and nails to make stairs from wooden planks cut by a saw blade. :|

Thats actually a very nice idea. Here is a way that we could implement it.

1. Make a carpentry table that would allow woodworking for doors, slabs, stairs, panels etc. It would essentially be a 4x4 grid for crafting (thus enabling even more complex recipes in the future) with a separate slot for nails and a hammer.

2. Use the anvil to forge nails from any metal ingot. The number of nails forged would depend on the accuracy when using the anvil instructions.

3. Provide recipes for doors, ladders, slabs, panels, fences, trap doors, different colored beds, supports etc.

4. The carpentry table could also enable in the future more complex recipes like chairs and tables.

5. You could also add the ability to make sticks from logs or planks by using the table.

6. Lastly, some of the more complex recipes could require plans to make them.

What do you think guys? The ability to make said objects at a later part of the game will both boost the survival aspect a little imo, and at the same time give another tech tree to shoot for.

you make a good case for it Dante80.

These objects aren't crucial for survival, so making them harder to obtain/pushing them into the metal age is not a bad idea really. Especially if we can retain the use of a bed that does not require this kind of crafting. (hint: bedroll as suggested elsewhere).

I'm a bit on the fence with this but I kinda like the idea of needing a sawmill and nails for building things like stairs. Interesting at least but I'm not sure how it'd affect gameplay. It'd make the people that want the nice houses and the castle builders spend more time getting their lead or iron (or other metals :P) for nails and sawblades for the sawmill (which wear down after a few dozen uses heh).

Hey All

Thought I had responded to this a bit ago but I do not see anything in there..

Anywho.. Slabs and stairs of all the different rock and wood types are forthcoming when a conservative way to do so can be had. This was originally going to go hand in hand with an update to Minecraft from Mojang that would make available more block Ids but they have stopped working on that. To that end I believe Bioxx is looking to do it on his own so its a matter of when we get them.. Anywho.. I am not sure how they will be made when we do get them!! So those suggestions and ideas are worthwhile and should be kept on going.. No need to discuss though if we should have the different colored stairs or not though.. we should, we will and its just a matter of time :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0