Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spudcosmicc

Villager trading and zombie drops

13 posts in this topic

The game should be updated so that zombies don't drop vannila ingots. and when villager trading comes around soon, We'll be able to trae or vanila tool recipies. This should change and villagers should trade terra firma craft items. Just thought I should bring this to attention.

The whole villager trading thing will most likely be disabled when it goes official until I can put in a system that compliments TFC correctly. As far as mob drops, I know about this, but it's not high on my list atm.

The whole villager trading thing will most likely be disabled when it goes official until I can put in a system that compliments TFC correctly. As far as mob drops, I know about this, but it's not high on my list atm.

im just going to say this outright, the current villagers not only suck, they look horrible and are not something that realy fits in with this mod, this is just my opinion and you obviously do not have to implement this but, you should replace those weird testificates with more realalistic npcs, like humans, or atleast something that looks good rather then like a caveman squidward, im all for tolerance and stuff, and there are some texture packs that make the current villagers look pretty good, like makking them look like vivi or those things from starwars. but to more realalistic feeol to the villages, i think a new mob/villager is needed, maybe even implement hostile villages, again this is just my opinion, and you may disagree with me entirely or may just decide to reskin them, its up to you, love the mod man keep it up

I've been scanning this forum and haven't seen (but honestly could've missed) anything about trading the way that Dwarf Fortress handles it.

Is it feasible, at least in single player, to have some merchants show up once a year and trade with the player(s)?

This would make gems and works of art and trade goods and surplus supplies more useful.

Please?

i dunno, as cool as NPC villages are, i think they kind of ruin the feel of minecraft

i liked the feeling of being plopped by yourself in a completely uninhabited world, just you, the environment, and your imagination to guide you

the occasional ruins here and there, like the dungeons or stongholds, were neat, giving a hint that there might have been something here before

but full working villages and towns for you to mooch off of instead of building your own home just kinda killed that feeling

I don't want villages.  I want a trader to come visit me after a year of labor.  And then I won't see another trader or caravan for another year.

I don't want villages.  I want a trader to come visit me after a year of labor.  And then I won't see another trader or caravan for another year.

thing is, if we did that, we'd have to explain where they came from, how they know you're there, and why they randomly decide to trade with you

and plus having a trader means there would be multiplce civilizations on this world for trade to happen.

Sort of with Noodles and Bioxx on this; having traders in a game like TFC sort of ruins the magic, or at least the direction we'd like the mod to go in.

That makes me sad.  I also finished my sandwich and now have no sandwich, this also makes me sad.

However, I just learned that beneath my spawn is a massive cassiterite and copper mine.

Honestly, it's pretty difficult to argue with a statement like "traders in the game would ruin the magic."

One may as well say "I don't like that idea... and I don't like chocolate either."

All in all, the game is amazing and I appreciate the work you guys have done on it.

Being someone who spends all my time in single player I thought that the idea of traders coming once a year might lend itself to the same sort of specialization which you guys seem to desire in multiplayer, id est someone focusing on farming or tending to animals or some sort of crafting so that they can eventually trade with what they've made to acquire those things they're not too good at acquiring.

However, I've had my say and I appreciate your listening.

I'm now going to go scour all the copper and tin from my mine.

maybe not a trader but if there was a way to spend all that gems

i call for a structure that is spawned during generation that has some sort of trading "device" like a temple or something in which the gems could be traded for random tfc items. Kind of like a slot machine.

i call for a structure that is spawned during generation that has some sort of trading "device" like a temple or something in which the gems could be traded for random tfc items. Kind of like a slot machine.

yeah 'cause that totally makes any kind of logical sence or fits in with TFC at all.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0