Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

[0.79] Eating is useless

17 posts in this topic

Version #:SSP/SMP (Single/MultiPlayer):Suggested Name: Eating is uselessSuggested Category: SevereDescription: You do not really have to heat to stay alive as there is no hunger damage. Even if you don't eat, you will never starve to death. Yes, nutrition will depleat, but you will stay at minimum amount of health points forever. You should die at some point or else people can exploit this and never eat.

Please read the changelog, this has been addressed there before either of you asked. (By the admins)

Yeah, but I am reporting this as a bug, not making a suggestion.

And I saw nothing in the changelog. Can you point it out please. I read most of it today and searched in it and got no relevant result. (nothing with "starve" "hunger" "die" "death".... give me some search idea, but none of these give any results in the changelog)

This is in the changelog. I dont agree with it but oh well....

• [*]
Disabled taking damage when the player is starving. Instead, nutrition levels decrease at 3x normal rate.

Ok then, I'll change the title and description of the problem

Ok then, I'll change the title and description of the problem

Still not a bug, but a feature. You can close this thread and comment it in the Discussion forums, I think that there are topics created already for this

The infinite 50 HP is hardly an exploit, considering as soon as you take any kind of damage, you are basically dead. I believe there are only 1 or two ways you can take damage that will not instantly kill a player with only 50 HP.

would also like to note that after having a bed it makes eating completely useless. since you can just kill yourself to reset your nutrients and get your health back up. also the rate at which nutrients drain feels slow, making it feel less important to make sure you are fed

That server I mentioned has a mod running that allows you to keep your items on death, so no one is afraid of dieing. And even if you would loose your stuff, then people would just make a death-room (as someone else in that thread mentioned) and kill themselves just before they go on exploring.

I agree with Alice that not eating at all should at some point be lethal (which would be a point in time after the major food bugs have been solved). A simple example would be to just set the minimum health you can drop to to zero.

That server I mentioned has a mod running that allows you to keep your items on death, so no one is afraid of dieing. And even if you would loose your stuff, then people would just make a death-room (as someone else in that thread mentioned) and kill themselves just before they go on exploring.I agree with Alice that not eating at all should at some point be lethal (which would be a point in time after the major food bugs have been solved). A simple example would be to just set the minimum health you can drop to to zero.

I don't see the point in making it lethal if your players don't care about dying anyways.

When building i often forget to notice my player is starving. Is there no audio or visual cue (e.g. screen shaking or blurring) when this happens? I apologise if I missed this.

When building i often forget to notice my player is starving. Is there no audio or visual cue (e.g. screen shaking or blurring) when this happens? I apologise if I missed this.

There's nothing as obvious as your entire screen jerking, but the Max Health number on your HP bar will start rapidly decreasing if you are starving. Its not a continual tick, but every in-game hour (less than real-life minute) the number will drop by a good 10-20 points if you are starving.

I don't see the point in making it lethal if your players don't care about dying anyways.

would it be possible to make it that when you die your nutrients dont reset and instead keep what they were at before?

doing this alone would make ppl more interested in properly taking care of their diet

edit: preferably instead make it a low default value like 30-50% nutrients

edit2: better yet, you seem to have been doing good work in TFC config options. Can you add something there so that we can edit the default nutrient value after a person dies, preferably in percent form

perfect abdyman. That was the exact thing I was thinking about.

Devs put efforts in a new food system that players completely by-pass. What a annoyance don't you think? Anyway.

Probably the best quote I've seen on these forums. If people don't care about how much health they have, and don't value their own lives, then any modification to the nutrition system is moot. If you make it less tough, it will merely increase the time interval between suicides. If you crank it up to the max, you ruin the game for the regular players. Sure, you could have it check to see if death was self-inflicted, but then people will just toss themselves off a cliff and find a mob to finish them off. You could change it so that some items are always lost on death, but then people will simply put their stuff in a chest first. Eventually it all degrades into a war between the administrators installing new penalties and the players working aroun them. You could change the coding in a million ways, but so long that players are actively looking for a way around a game mechanic, they're going to find one. If you want to cheat the game, that's your loss.