Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maga

Awesome Anvil Particles -Showering Sparks

Anvil Spark Particles   22 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be added?

• Yes! That would be cool!
    • No, this isn't needed.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

I was testing some build ideas in SSP and while designing a forge setup for a house I fell out of fly mode and landed on an active forge block. The falling particles that come with 1.7 take on the texture of the block you land on. When landing on the lit forge it looked like this...

Posted Image

Now doesn't that look a lot like this?...

Posted Image

It hit me, that set of particles would look absolutely AWESOME if when you were working hot metal on the anvil they would fly out every 5 or 6 hits. Hammering away makes plenty of sound but I think this would really add the feel of working a blazing hot piece of steel/iron/bronze etc. Sparks flying all over the smithy floor and other players being able to have some visual indication of the work you are doing would be really cool imho.

I know that on Hypixel Blitz PVP the particles from breaking redstone appear when you hit someone so I am going to assume that this is also possible in TFC. What are your thoughts people?

I love this idea! I don't know if they already do, but when you cool the metal it should make a huge smoke cloud.

A new smithing and forge interface. No GUI.

Real time smithing mechanism.

-Shift click to place the ingot on the anvil, and right click with your hammer on the anvil. (like the new leather rack). to see the particles.

-Change way to hit the metal with the "m" key like the hoe.

Different sequences for each recipe. :D

I just now remembered that the further you fall, the bigger the particle splash. If this is added then the heavy hits could produce a larger splash of sparks than medium and light hits. Different sized spark showers for different moves would be a bit more work to code but would probably be even cooler to look at.

I also think it would be sweet if the color of the sparks went from white to yellow to bright red as the metal cooled.

A new smithing and forge interface. No GUI.

Real time smithing mechanism.

-Shift click to place the ingot on the anvil, and right click with your hammer on the anvil. (like the new leather rack). to see the particles.

-Change way to hit the metal with the "m" key like the hoe.

Different sequences for each recipe. :D

So how do you know what sequence of hits is required again?

Um... magic floating gui?

Or we could have 'tool plans' which can basically be the guide to tool-making that shows the sequence needed

I think I'd just like to keep the GUI, but maybe make it a bit smaller and less busy. It's a bit attention hogging at the moment, which is a good thing, but if these effects were introduced I doubt I'd be able to see them past the UI.

Agreed too much time has been put into from not only the players but also the devs to make the current GUI for the anvil. Texture wise they background of the GUI could be made transparent to see the particles better if they were added. It really isn't even something devs have to do we could do it, on our own if needed.

I think I'd just like to keep the GUI, but maybe make it a bit smaller and less busy. It's a bit attention hogging at the moment, which is a good thing, but if these effects were introduced I doubt I'd be able to see them past the UI.

You might not see much of a light hit, but if you really crank down on that white hot iron ingot with a heavy blow you're gonna have enough sparks to fly out past the gui and skitter along the floor. It also depends on the size of your gui, using normal setting it should be small enough to see plenty of sparks around the edges of your screen.

Remember that this is for multiplayer too, allowing you to see when someone else is giving their ingots a little elbow grease as well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0